PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial MapThis!! (gracefully finished)

atari800
June 1st, 2007, 21:58
This is the unofficial Map This!
Deniska, In7ane, MIB.42 (and maybe others) are the REAL brilliant wizards behind this. There is mind-boggling math in this to interpret coordinates, speed of map movements based on zoom factors, how to rotate a map and point up based on direction you are travelling...blah blah blah
There is no way I could ever come close to trying to develope any of that.
I just added some little features - I am not a C programmer - I got TONS of help from google and the code they provided.

But if you see any of them on the boards - tell them how cool of a program this is and thank them for there pain-staking efforts to create such a project.

Unofficial mapThis!!
It was brought to my attention that this UNOFFICIAL release of mapthis may cause difficulties in the development of the OFFICIAL version
If everybody starts releasing code, it will end-up with lots of independent releases and forks.
Deniska and the crew have been working for a while now and have a routine. Someone submits changes of the code to Deniska, with desciptions and marking of what changes have been done. Deniska checks it out and integrates it if possible or whatever he sees fit. It is his project. And a very cool project at that.

Releasing lots of small independent increments will lead to feature losses due to lack of integration.

So I am removing my versions to keep the REAL MAPTHIS from slowing down development-wise.

I was not asked to remove this - I think it is best for the project if I do.

These guys are great. I will make contributions to Mapthis in the proper way.

*maybe you will see some of my features in upcoming versions

Cheers
:thumbup:
/|\

atari800
June 1st, 2007, 22:02
FYI:
This is working with GPS-290 (dont have anything else to test)
3.40 oe

*I placed this in /psp/game340/mapViewer directory
*provide your own maps

:thumbup:

wraggster
June 1st, 2007, 22:08
awesome ill move this to the PSP News forum :)

DarthPaul
June 1st, 2007, 22:44
Wow that's very nice!

F9zDark
June 1st, 2007, 22:44
Nice, so I am assuming we now have on the fly directions, rather than having to compile them before hand? I hope so :)

atari800
June 1st, 2007, 22:46
no - just some simple sounds - no advanced "get me out of here" capabilities

Just what is above is all I added

An0nJ0hn
June 1st, 2007, 23:22
Great job man!
I just tested this and it is working on my 3.10 OE-A PSP.
I like how it automatically adjusts the cpu speed. I don't personally need/want it to do so (due to my home made extension cable) but it will benefit most other PSP-290 users.

Which .prx files are bundled with it?

Cloudhunter
June 1st, 2007, 23:34
I'm curious. Why didn't you just give Deniska to add this code to his? It would benefit everyone in the long run.

For programs that are still in active development, there isn't much point in "unofficial" versions.

Cloudy

atari800
June 1st, 2007, 23:36
@An0nJ0hn
Thanks for the compliment!
I dont know what version they are - I tried using a hex editor to view within the files to see if it had a signature - but nothing.
It works for me.
How that rainy weather with new new cable working for ya?
Here by disney is sprinkling and cloudy- but got locked on in 43 seconds!!!

I added code for speaking in "map up" position - I need to drive around and test it.

atari800
June 1st, 2007, 23:45
@Cloudy
I just put this together in 24 hours
Took me a week to get the Cygwin and pspdev kit and psptoolchain setup
*Look for my request in Deniska's forum

Once I got it set up and could compile old version - I compiled latest version

Then I started to study what I could from the code
Then added a little bit of stuff - compiled with errors (tons of them)
Clean up -compiled again
Then I made a million trips going in and out of the house to test
Then trying to figure out where the code was that drew that bottom panel with directions
Then figure out how to play mp3
Then more testing
Then figuring out how to search for words in strings
Then how not to make them repeat 50,000 time when you are near a point
Then.........

I needed beer and smokes

Plus I dont know how to get in touch with them - nor is my coding skills clean
*thats why I put in that comment :
There are probably bugs all over this - "if you dont like it - dont use it"
or better yet "you got what you paid for"

I dont want to get what I did mixed up for their version....mine is just a good attempt
(I am not part of that brotherhood)

An0nJ0hn
June 2nd, 2007, 00:30
@An0nJ0hn
Thanks for the compliment!
I dont know what version they are - I tried using a hex editor to view within the files to see if it had a signature - but nothing.
It works for me.
How that rainy weather with new new cable working for ya?
Here by disney is sprinkling and cloudy- but got locked on in 43 seconds!!!

I added code for speaking in "map up" position - I need to drive around and test it.

Too bad you don't know which .prx files they are. The ones that came with your version of Map This! work for me too. I was just wondering if later firmware version .prx files could work with earlier FW versions. Since you are on 3.40 OE-A I thought maybe you were using later FW .prx's than me. I'm using which ever came with the green screen test for my Map This! .499 beta.

The weather sucks all over South FL today and they are saying it will be the same for at least the weekend. But you know we've been desperate for rain all over FL. I think Lake Okeechobee is like four feet below normal.

The cable is working great! I'm very happy with it so far. Did you see my latest pics (posted earlier today)? I managed to add a spring loaded pin from a charger/stand I had laying around in a drawer. I haven't gotten to add the ground line pin yet but will hopefully get a chance to this weekend. It locks on really fast now and usually has a couple or a few satellites in view immediately after starting Map This! Check out the thread (CPU clock speed) and drop a note letting me know what you think.

Testing your version out for the first time with my cable I got three bars in a steady rain (totally overcast) and under my screened in patio which has a three to five inch thick insulated hard top. Pretty impressive. I wonder why we get such better satellite reception here in FL than others do even outside the cities?

deniska
June 2nd, 2007, 01:40
nice...
I might incorporate some of this stuff in the "official version"!

Ranmax09
June 2nd, 2007, 02:52
Thanks, I'm gonna try it out.

Nylon32
June 2nd, 2007, 03:04
Also just finished testing it and it's really good, the audio cues are great it's a nice touch, and thanks to the cable I'm getting 3-4 bars indoors a the moment

MIB.42
June 2nd, 2007, 03:56
It's MIB.42 and NOT MIB.48... :-(

lsneakyl
June 2nd, 2007, 04:52
I'm not sure what prx version Atari8000 is using, but it's working great for me using psp-290 on 3.03oe-c firmware.

I had the 3.03 prx which takes me 2-10 minutes to lock on, but atari8000's prx version gets me locked onto a satellite within 1-2 minutes. And this is indoors! I did a couple of tests so far, and so far so good.

I only tested the his prx in the unofficial version, so i dont' know whether or not it will work just as good in the .499 version.

Thanks a lot man!

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 07:42
Wow - Deniska
Thanks for the ...whatever..acknowledgment or "okie doke" on my stuff
I was wondering what you thought...then I realize...since me computer hasn't been shut off since my first compile......that I compile in a copy of my PSP on my hard drive..and didn't give out the source

i will upload that with next version...the direction up speaks mode version

I am thinking the STARTUP SCREEN needs a soundtrack too....there is not alot going on in the 1st 15 seconds...on a clear day...in a open parking lot.....well I mean the petri dish of the prefect environment to start up in.

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 07:48
MIB.42 - sorry on the name dealio
MIB...is that initials or the abbr for Management Information Base - I am one of the few that support that...actually None Of My Business
anyways MIB.42.....brilliance...all the tweaking/customize to make things work just right....awesome!!!! You are a f'n hawk when it comes to coding

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 08:01
@lsneakyl

Thanks!!!
I might add a few more "bell & whistles" to this
I am thinking maybe make a "joe sweatsock" version of a package to customize it yourself - left, right,arrive is there.

Well the speaking part is kinda done already ..
but how about - opening screen music???

I cant do miracles like these guys can...but since there is mp3's involved, what about cool "dings and directions"? My GF did the SATELLITE SEARCHING and FOUND voice. I took GOLDWAVE and tossed in the FLANGE mode... also took a wine glass and rubbed finder on top to add to sound effects. Gave it that Star Trek sound a bit.
She is cool - but a chick with the Slight accent, maybe Australian sound....might be cool too. Toss that in the WARBLE in goldwave......F*<K

My new trick to learn (if possible) is 2 mp3's play at same time....basically...my gig is to form sentences

cheers/|\

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 08:25
@Deniska
I was chatting about the "speaking" thing before...you said you and in7ane were working on this. Did you get some code down? PM me if you like a 3rd person on that...PLEASE

@MID.42 (not 48 :rolleyes: )
playfile is cool - and I seen some play list capabilities
is there a queuing mechanism? Roll MP3's along...like streaming files names? play-add then play ... type of method?

@An0nJ0hn
PM me if you want to test CABLING versus Connect to PSP tests..... Ya know..what if the CAR (real car) version of the LNB (or GPS component to us regulars) has such a big base that is picks up quicker. And if so...could you make an adapter for it? If it costs $20 for it at the local car place to get/install...with no GPS...and the signal is awesome from the get go, maybe another el cheapo "ipod" destroyer gadget in the making.....

bah - Beer is gotten me talking

To my pals....
Thanks!!
To the MapThis! group....CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/|\ t a r i

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 10:53
Here are some startup sounds...
*rename what you like to startup.mp3
*or better yet - make your own
**Australian chick voice are welcome
***not 100% sure these all work

actually they aint uploading...grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

BaDaPpLe
June 2nd, 2007, 15:08
I have a problem getting this to startup. I have this installed in Game and not the Game150. It loads up starts the splash screen. Says loading map, mem sticks runs for a bit and then the whole unit powers off.

I have a 3.40oe, gpslim 240, 4 gig mem stick (May be the problem). The map folder is just under 2 gigs in size.

Any ideas has anyone got this to run on a 4 gig?

Ranmax09
June 2nd, 2007, 15:53
Works fine on my 4 GB MSPD

Here are some startup sounds...
*rename what you like to startup.mp3
*or better yet - make your own
**Australian chick voice are welcome
***not 100% sure these all work

actually they aint uploading...grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Can you please upload it to www.sendspace.com or somewhere else? I want new sounds :)

Buddy4point0
June 2nd, 2007, 17:42
great work dude!

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 18:47
Here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nllzfq

Rename one of them to startup.mp3
plop in system directory

mymegamouth
June 2nd, 2007, 19:13
hi there, just to clear this up, i am on 3.40 oe-a and i would like to know if this will work in GMDL format, and with no GPS, if so, which EBOOT should i use for no GPS? i mean the one provided with v0.3 or the one in the package. and do you defo have to put this in GAME340???

thanks in advance

atari800
June 2nd, 2007, 23:53
hi there, just to clear this up, i am on 3.40 oe-a and i would like to know if this will work in GMDL format, and with no GPS, if so, which EBOOT should i use for no GPS? i mean the one provided with v0.3 or the one in the package. and do you defo have to put this in GAME340???

GMDL - yes...that is what I use in the South East US
*It wont understand other languages - looks for words LEFT -RIGHT -ARRIVE

EBOOT - the one i provide works with the gps-290 and with no gps-290 connected

Load a PIO and move around - you should hear directions

mymegamouth
June 3rd, 2007, 00:08
cheers and wish me luck since i havent had much of it with mapthis! lol...sob

Cloudhunter
June 3rd, 2007, 01:35
@atari800: I recommend that you PM deniska :)

Cloudy

Nocuddle
June 3rd, 2007, 07:04
Is there a site where I can d/l pre-made maps around the world? Im a dumdum when using that Google map extraction whatever. :(

deniska
June 4th, 2007, 03:06
@Deniska
I was chatting about the "speaking" thing before...you said you and in7ane were working on this. Did you get some code down? PM me if you like a 3rd person on that...PLEASE

It's pretty much done, but I wanted to test it a bit more and have a better sound collection before it gets posted.
Basically we took a more generic approach in to voice prompts: every POI now will have ability to have an associated sound to it. (this way one can have a sound notification of a speed trap or mcDonalds nearby)... It will be up to a user to link it though... This is where in7ane's tool comes in. It's going to parse through the directions instructions and match sertain phrases in them to predefined soundtracks. (MERGE LEFT, SLIGHT RIGHT, etc) The vocabulary is going to be user configurable, so anyone with some effort could expand it to any size or tweak it to own language...

I'll try to wrap it up in a few days - as always with the source - for folks who wants to customize/ tweak it...

atari800
June 4th, 2007, 10:23
Expanded vocabulary.....Awesome!!!
I cant wait
/|\

An0nJ0hn
June 6th, 2007, 00:48
That sounds great Deniska!
I can't wait to try out the next version you release. It sounds like it could be a huge step toward matching commercially sold GPS units. Good stuff, man.

SupRay
June 6th, 2007, 04:06
Is there a site where I can d/l pre-made maps around the world? Im a dumdum when using that Google map extraction whatever. :(
After wandering aimlessly for the last couple hours I found this.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33068

It is a very, very easy tool to extract maps. d/l from this link, extract, goto the "bin\debug\Google Map Download.exe" and away you go. I had to use the "MSN Map" option because I kept getting an error when I tried to use Google. I hope this helps.

Nice work in7ane, I just wish it wasn't so hard to find.

Nocuddle
June 6th, 2007, 09:29
After wandering aimlessly for the last couple hours I found this.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33068

It is a very, very easy tool to extract maps. d/l from this link, extract, goto the "bin\debug\Google Map Download.exe" and away you go. I had to use the "MSN Map" option because I kept getting an error when I tried to use Google. I hope this helps.

Tried that. Still too complicated for me LOL. :p :D

teosh1
June 7th, 2007, 03:25
where to get the latest singapore map? I just loaded mapthis without map. any1 can help me??

teosh1
June 7th, 2007, 03:30
I unable to extract from map available in the net. Can any1 send me the readily map so that i can load into my psp and test run it??

atari800
June 7th, 2007, 03:53
semi update:
{granted I am just programming for fun - you have NO idea of how many compiles and drive I took to see if this works - like $100 in gas going around golf course neighborhood}

Anyways what I got-
Got rid of the MIDPOINT heads up
--nice to have for debugging but not really needed on winding roads with no option to turn to alter course

Got the blinders going
--so it reads what you next target is and not a random "left turn ahead" in a "right turn, left turn ahead" in a tight spot or ARRIVAL when you need to make a u-turn

Got a quasi-intelligent directional system
--so you dont need to have 2 maps (to , from) to get from here to there. If it determines you are going backwards on a plotted course - it speaks in opposite directions although the direction panel below says "right turn at..." it says left when you head home. No 2 maps needed. With me? thought not...;)

Got a green line over the red line when heading a direction
--more of a debugging tool for me that I thought looked cool. So I chalk it up to cosmetics and left it in there

What I dont have yet:
Stuff above in MAP UP MODE
--should take too long and hopefully not too much gas to test

Rewording the direction panel when going in opposite direction
--change it to read "TURN LEFT AT.." to "TURN RIGHT AT..." when heading home. String manipulation in C is non-existent....or I haven't learned the trick...one of the 2.

Making sentences:
If a quick - "turn right, turn left, turn left" are in the range together - make it say "turn right, then left and then left"...hard to queue up MP3's in a row

Stuff thought about:
Sonar pings when you get to a point of interest
--not a turn but like a store, restaurant, gas, etc. Give it that submarine sound - hell I pay attention to this more when I am driving than driving itself

Auto map zoom
--so when you are driving on a highway...the faster you go, the further out you see (zoom out). When you slow down, zoom back in. This is most of a self wish as I think if you hit that "sweet spot" at a certain direction or stop and go type traffic, if may be unwatchable. Unless I can figure out faster redraw mapping method or maybe a delay so it stays zoomed out until you slow down for a period of time.

Super wish - autoload all POI plots
-- why? if you have a bunch of courses, which all have plots, and they intersect, once you get on a known route - give "potential directions" based on intersections/crossovers and jump on that route. Kind of the "get me out of here" mode. This is beer talking - not a paper, pencil, programming effort

Superduper wish- watch videos until you hit a direction change
--now THIS would be the holy grail of tricks. Imagine - you converted a Simpsons episode to PSP format. Instead of using all the power to draw maps and refresh the screen and move stuff around, watch a movie and only show direction panel (below) and speak the action to take. Generally I know where I am going in the city, but a long term trip in an unknown area, might be cool. Kicker is...how to play MP4's vs. CPU power used for GPS guidance vs graphical overlays on a video is way out of my league. Stephan Hawkins, where are you??

I only get to work on this for an hour in the AM, a bit at lunch, and about 5 hours after work so .... there is a lot of wishing going on.

Friday I'll probably compile what I got and package it up for upload for you folks.

Also...something I notice:
I have now 2 GPS-290's both take as long to fix on sat's. However - even in rain - I can get locked on to sats quicker in 1 parking lot (open field) than the other. And stand outside of truck to get best reception. So, still figuring out WTF is the issue with that. Tonight...1:20 to lock-in in driveway....18 seconds to lock-in at barroom parking lot (in the rain)
I need to study the GPS locking routine....maybe there is a clue in there- what is considered a lock

Till Friday....
/|\:thumbup:

BaDaPpLe
June 7th, 2007, 04:47
Sounds fantastic! keep it up

Ranmax09
June 7th, 2007, 05:14
Atari800, is there anyway you can add a feature so that you can create a trip with directions with MapThis without the use of a computer? or is it not possible?

Anyways, Can't release for your next release! :D

atari800
June 7th, 2007, 11:47
No that cant be done - at least not yet.
Put it this way - ever see that mouse in a maze game? Starts at one end, and the finish line is the cheese? The mouse goes down just abut every route until it finds it. The PSP would need to read the color of the roads and try a million different journey for the right path
In addition to not sending you down the wrong way down a one way

atari800
June 8th, 2007, 03:00
just a few more things as mentioned
and hardly tested by driving around a bunch

But -
Bad news:
The recording of GPS traveling is broken
-How? I dunno

New stuff:
Better talking directions
Looks ahead a segment (within the speed area zone - which grows as you drive faster) and if it is a turn - speak it

Also auto reverse directions
Once it figures out that you are heading back it converts LEFT TURN to RIGHT TURN and vice-versa
(display panel still has original directions - I am having problems with strings and how to reword stuff)

Also cool feature SONAR PINGS
This works if there is a swerve ahead (Bink....Dooo---Bink...Dooo)
If there is a long straight away - nothing unless google put one there on the course plotted
and if directions are being spoke - it doesnt SONAR ping - made up 3 "talking methods" - well not really, I just kind of defined that way
playfile: this was in there already by MIB.42
---this play mp3 immediately
talktome: this play MP3's but can be interrupted bt playfile for an immediate phrase or sound
oktotalk: this plays phrase or sound if nothing is playing at the time

Added current directional plotted course
If you are on a winding road (like an S shaped road) - there are a bunch of points that make S turn. This will draw out your path in green UNLESS within 4 clicks and within the spped zone circle there is a turn, it will point to that and tell you LEFT TURN ahead or whatever. You need to see it to understand it... I used it in debugging and thought it was cool to leave in

bad news:
The map up mode does not have the speed circle - I am working on this
The directional plotter and the zone still work, just no circle...trying to figure out way still

Self Troubleshooting:
If this freezes when loading up a map the first time
or
freezes while drawing a map when "SATELLITES FOUND" is being announced...restart this and when you start again and select your map - as it is drawing the tiles - hit the square so it says "SEARCHING FOR SATELLITES" and it corrects this
...not sure whats up with that

Something cool I noticed:
When in the GPS info screen (where you see all the sats and if they are fixed or not), the SNR columns have values that fluctuate from 18'ish-40'ish
If I spin around slowly I can see them increase and decrease. I find I lock on quicker once I find direction that all seem to be at there highest values.
I was thinking - maybe an audible when it is searching for satellites making a higher tone to play based on all the values in the SNR column. So you can find your "sweet spot".

anyways - here is what I got - and am still working on this as I get time.

as always - place in your
PSP/GAME3xx/mapViewer directory and provide your own maps
and put a small mp3 called starup.mp3 in the mapViewer/system directory for a startup sound
*this seem to make it hang more often on startup - probably because there is a load of things loading as is

Enjoy
/|\:cool:

BaDaPpLe
June 8th, 2007, 06:32
U on fire!!!!! great work man..

atari800
June 8th, 2007, 22:30
I seem to fix a lot of freeze by turning off caching in the CONFIG.TXT file:
CACHEMAPINDEX=1 <--- set this to zero

I *think* that was my issue when playing a long mp3 at splash screen and while it was loading a giant hybrid map

anyways...
still working on it

Sinistar
June 9th, 2007, 05:17
Hmm, I'm having a weird problem. I installed your custom Map this for the first time (using 3.40 OEA, 2 GB mem stick, and in the /psp/game340/mapViewer directory)
I provided my own maps,and even the same global map and NYC subway map, they run great the first time, but now when I try to run the map again, it says "please wait while the map is loading" and freezes/reboots PSP.. It doesn't seem like it's even accessing the memory stick to load the maps anymore.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance

atari800
June 9th, 2007, 14:39
Turn off caching (see above)

Turn off startup music - rename startup.mp3 to xstartup.mp3 (or any other name)

hhormes
June 9th, 2007, 23:43
Can someone please help me, I've had my Sony GPS device for over 3 weeks now, and I’ve never seen it work, i have tried everything, i have prob tried all the different versions of Mapthis,

Ok the issue is that it opens the mapthis, i can load the map but when i hit squire it says GPS on then nothing ever happens after that, i thought it may need time to find my position, so i left it on over night but that same thing.
And when i go to GPS info it takes a while but sometimes i get 1-5 satellites showing.

I have 3.40 OE-A, 4GB ms, map of New Zealand, Auckland and the Unofficial Mapthis!, and i have also tried 2 different Sony GPS devices thinking the first one may have been faulty.

So please help me, i want this to work so bad.

Sinistar
June 10th, 2007, 03:15
Turn off caching (see above)

Turn off startup music - rename startup.mp3 to xstartup.mp3 (or any other name)

OK that seemed to work, a little bit... The maps load, but the global map and the NYC subway map work, but sometime when sometimes when I zoom on the global map, the PSP freezes. It either shuts off, or it hard freezes and I have to "hard" reboot by removing the battery.

Then when I load it up again, the program freezes at that zoom level all the time, it's really weird. It;s like it remembers on that specific map what zoom level it was at last and tries to load it so it freezes.

Even on my Phoenix map I made, it loads the default far zoom level, but when I try to zoom in at all whatsoever, it starts to load (mem card light keeps blinking) but it never loads, and I have to hard reboot.

is there anything else I can try atari?

atari800
June 10th, 2007, 06:34
I noticed that too
I put in some "slow downs" to relax the program....maybe that was toooo much

huh...one would think giving the psp a moment to relax was not a bad thing.....ok psp knowledge 101..a good thing isnt

so psp is touchy....hmmm
all I did was add circles
maybe ..... it is something with zooming?????????????

Hey remember...there is the official version
that can be used....those guys are brilliant

...might be relaxing too much or playing too much at certain points

again...I AM A PLAYER.....NOT A DOER in this realm
I am working on it.............

Sinistar
June 10th, 2007, 06:57
OK, I've tried both the original one and your version and so far I've had better luck with yours. :) Mind you right now I'm just using it as a map viewer until I can afford the GPS.

I'll try to reinstall to see if that helps, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know what else to try.

jkl123
June 11th, 2007, 08:24
ok... i had the same problem as BaDaPpLe before, maybe if you figure out what the problem was can you plz tell me BaDaPpLe

when i tried to load mapview it goes to the splash blue screen and loads for a while and it shuts off the psp...

and i already tried changing the cache to 0 and rename my startup.mp3 to xstartup.mp3...

need help man...

atari800
June 11th, 2007, 10:36
well I am looking at it still....
you *might* try...
copy your memory stick to your harddrive
format memory stick
copy back the infor from hard drive to memory stick

*Not sure if this will help - but cant hurt because it only optimizes the memory layout (like a defrag)

kinochan
June 11th, 2007, 18:25
It may be because of the map that cause it .
try loading another map

kino

Sinistar
June 12th, 2007, 01:43
Yeah I've tried numerous other maps.. no ideas what's causing it. :(

jkl123
June 12th, 2007, 04:55
well.. i've been trying this and that too nothing works to solve this shut down problem

heres a bit more info on my psp:
white psp japan version
version 3.40oe-a, i went from 2.81->3.03->1.5->3.40oe-a
4gb mem stick (about 800mb left)
battery 100%

hope it helps...

edit*
ok i manage to get pass the blue splash screen by making the "GAME340" folder, and put my mapview in it

now it shuts off when i tried to load my map :/

Sinistar
June 12th, 2007, 05:18
jkl, that's the same system I have but only a 2 GB memory card, and mine freezes too.

atari800
June 12th, 2007, 05:22
I am "relaxing" the map reads - I think this may be a problem.

Question:
How big are your maps?
Are they HYBRID or yellow/white?

jkl123
June 12th, 2007, 05:28
im pretty sure they are yellow and white, but i never actually got a chance to open it yet lol

and it's about 16.1mb

btw i don't even know if i made the map right...

if you got a example map we can use to test out that would be great

atari800
June 12th, 2007, 05:55
FYI
I am using HYBRID maps (with trees and rooftops and etc)
My map directory (called _HYBRID) is 737 Meg

Waltrock
June 13th, 2007, 15:24
ok... i had the same problem as BaDaPpLe before, maybe if you figure out what the problem was can you plz tell me BaDaPpLe

when i tried to load mapview it goes to the splash blue screen and loads for a while and it shuts off the psp...

and i already tried changing the cache to 0 and rename my startup.mp3 to xstartup.mp3...

need help man...

I've got the same problem with the official MapThis 4.99, so it's not a problem with the modification atari has done.

Is there any program to create Sound-Files with a computer-generated voice?

Sinistar
June 14th, 2007, 03:51
atari did you want me to test the orlando map or was that for jkl123?

atari800
June 14th, 2007, 04:06
for anyone to try

I am currently working on fixing the distance heads up issue
*ring is drawn but sonar ping/alert shows up after we cross the area

my maps are ok - and I got huge ones

if it hangs on both versions (official and unofficial) - its either got ot be mem card (try copying stuff, formatting i, placing it back on)
or maps are bad

I hopefully will have another release with some more "goodies" coming out soon

but..I am slowing down here - since the GPS recorder broke (read back in this thread) - I have to make better guesses and then go for a ride to check it out

test what you can - post what you find - I cant promise I can address the issues:(

jkl123
June 14th, 2007, 05:30
o nice i've tried your map and it load up the map and the mapview load up just fine. gotta try and find anther way to make my maps :/

but now it just freezes when i select some options, but i guess that will improve over time

can't wait till the next version

keep up the good work

Sinistar
June 14th, 2007, 06:05
OK atari, I'll try tomorrow after work.

atari800
June 14th, 2007, 17:51
@jkl123
yea - the marker mode [X] button goes into an infinite loop if no Point of Interest has been loaded first

I need to look into that

New update - see front page

atari800
June 15th, 2007, 07:20

Sinistar
June 16th, 2007, 02:54
atari800. I tried your new update on the main page and also your orlando test map.

It still freezes/crashes the PSP when I zoom in on any maps, also on my custom Phoenix map, I have taken out some of the zoom levels when I created it, yet it doesn't skip that zoom level them on the zoomer, it just shows the no data graphic, if that makes sense.

I also did do a complete reformat and reinstall of everything, so I don't know what's going on.

What settings and I supposed to have in the recovery menu? Maybe it has something to do with that?

Thanks

atari800
June 16th, 2007, 08:10
zip/rar your maps and upload them...let me see

I am only an using a "piece of central Florida" to work in

Try to rename the config.txt in system (so it doesnt load) for it to use internal defaults

*the new version has ....relaxed...map readings ..tell the cpu to let finish (or sleep).. after any program open/read/write operation....smoothed out all issues with me

or set in CONFIG.TXT...CACHEMAPINDEX=1
*I said to remove this earlier but try it anyways

Sinistar
June 16th, 2007, 18:33
OK I'll try that atari.

I rared up my phoenix map and it's 70 mb. I don't think I can upload that big of an attachment here. :How do I upload big files?

I renamed config.txt and it seemed to work for a bit.. it crashes rarely now, doesn't seem to matter on which map, though.

Oh also on the address lookup feature, I was messing around with that to test it. Question, how do you input numbers? It asks for ZIP code, but I can't figure out how to add it. :) Do you have to enter all fields? I just put my street name and city but it did not find it. :(

Thanks again

atari800
June 16th, 2007, 23:26
I think there is a 20 meg limit here
Use www.sendspace.com
Then post the link here

Oh also on the address lookup feature, I was messing around with that to test it. Question, how do you input numbers? It asks for ZIP code, but I can't figure out how to add it. Do you have to enter all fields? I just put my street name and city but it did not find it.

Use the TOP LEFT button to toggle between alphabet and numerics

I just entered my address (no city/state or zip) and it brought me to my neigborhood - not exactly at my house

Sinistar
June 17th, 2007, 01:16
I think there is a 20 meg limit here
Use www.sendspace.com
Then post the link here

I just entered my address (no city/state or zip) and it brought me to my neigborhood - not exactly at my house

OK heres the file "_Phoenix East Valley.rar" 68.7 MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nuigez

I tried what you said about the address and it found my address and displayed it on "address search results" list, then crashed/shut off system.

Juaneluco
June 17th, 2007, 15:12
hey guys... back to V0.4... I have a blue screen with Map This name and then... Loading USB accessory module... Error... is this normal..? Map This only works with the device (PSP-290)..?? I appreciate it any answer from you guys..!!!

atari800
June 17th, 2007, 16:50
@Sinistar
Yeah the address lookup is messed up
I didnt lock up with your map but I did notice that you are missing some magnification levels.

Remake your map and try keeping all the levels

@Juaneluco
Remove any GPS device and try to start it. It should load and start with nothing connect
If you get errors then you need to try looking at something else

*What error did you get?

Sinistar
June 17th, 2007, 23:27
atari800, well the last time I made the map with all the levels it was like 200+ megs. I'lll try remaking a new map again with all the levels and see.

How do I only keep some zoom levels and then have it "skip" the missing zoom levels on the bar on the left?

EDIT: OK atari, I've made another test map this time using MSN and also leaving all zoom levels in
download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ramfst 58.9 MB

I ran it, scrolled around a bit, then zoomed in once, then it froze/crashed. I restarted again and it was fine.. it seems to freeze/crash only when I zoom , though and not all the time.. Sometimes I can be all the way zoomed out and then hold up until it gets to street level then hold down and zoom all the way out again and it doesnt crash.. it's weird. It's like it does it randomly.
What other settings can I try? Anything in the recovery menu? I don't have any plugins installed or anything.

Sinistar
June 18th, 2007, 01:54

Oh I forgot to ask you on this.. on address locator form screen why is the L button a toggle, and R button a hold? It's annoying having to hold down R whtn typing in caps. :(
Also on the L scren why are the select numbers on circle instead of X?

Thanks.

atari800
June 18th, 2007, 10:34
@Sinistar-

Oh I forgot to ask you on this.. on address locator form screen why is the L button a toggle, and R button a hold? It's annoying having to hold down R whtn typing in caps.
Also on the L scren why are the select numbers on circle instead of X?

I didnt make that code - I only just added speech and some graphics.
Plus I think everything defaults to uppercase regardless what you type in. "main st" will find "MAIN ST"

it seems to freeze/crash only when I zoom
I am adjusting all the file I/O in next version to be more relaxed. I think this is the cause of random zooming/freezing

atari800
June 18th, 2007, 20:12
Hey - here is the official version with speech - and stuff

nice work from theeeee guys!!!
Link (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=29)

Sinistar
June 19th, 2007, 00:47
OK, I'll keep an eye out for your next release. :)

atari800
June 19th, 2007, 01:04
cool - thanks for the support but you may want to follow these guys. Again I am basing mine off of their old code

I might release my Official "Unofficial" last one once I figure out 2 glitches I caught so far....
with no POI route selected....
- hitting TOP UP mode (not top north mode) hangs
- putting marker on hangs

If there is a route selected there is no hang

Sinistar
June 21st, 2007, 02:39
Yeah but I got your release to work on my PSP, not knocking the official version from deniska, it's just I had better luck with yours :)

fak3
June 22nd, 2007, 08:19

bh0n
June 22nd, 2007, 13:50
Hi atari,

I am having problem with both versions of map this! because I only wanted to have a map viewer in my psp, but the problem is after starting the app, I am stuck with "PLEASE WAIT WHILE MAP IS LOADING"
in the screen and I can see that the processor is reading or functioning but still nothing happens after minutes.. what could be the solution for this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bh0n

atari800
June 22nd, 2007, 18:11
try these 2 things:\
#1 When you select a map (or your only map) - immediately press the square key
*thats the routine to kick in GPS - it sometimes helps - but since you maps arent showing at all - it maight not for you

#2 recreate the map using the GMDL that is provided with what I packaged
Could be the version you used and they version I work with arent compatible (???????)

let me know

/|\

atari800
June 22nd, 2007, 18:42
Try the 06222007 version (on front page) - SUPER SPEED BOOST

icpart
June 22nd, 2007, 19:06
Is it work on 1.50 FW?

atari800
June 22nd, 2007, 19:39
try it and report back
I just place it in my games340 directory
Others placed it in there games303
Tell us if it work in games150

Sinistar
June 23rd, 2007, 01:05
hi Atari

I downloaded the new version, the maps seem to load quicker and when zoom ing in, it only locked up on me once this time. :)

Since I didnt buy GPS yet.. when I use it, will it over zoom in or do I set the zoom just to view.. Right now I'm just using as a map viewer.

Do I need to uninstall old version before reinstalling new one?

Thanks

atari800
June 23rd, 2007, 01:13
just copy over it
Once you get the GPS - it will autozoom for you
if you click the top right button - that turn autozoom on/off

atari800
June 23rd, 2007, 01:41
See front page

take care y'all

specialist83
June 23rd, 2007, 07:40
No matter what ya reasons might be i guess a lot of ppl here will be grateful for wat u have already contributed and done...

Thanks a lot bro...

And of coz not forgetting deniska...the Wizard behind all the Magic...

Cheers..! =)

fandargo
July 17th, 2007, 13:21
everything works fine..except for a little "freeze" problem when i try to zoom..
wtf?

Gator_Walker
November 16th, 2007, 22:33
Who can explain in simple terms how to install the software needed for my gps PSP-290 to work on my PSP.

emotionengne
November 23rd, 2008, 17:59
goog

jimmifoo
March 19th, 2009, 07:43
Hi atari800

I am trying to compile Mapthis because I cannot use the original due to some x,y offset issues. Can you tell me how to setup the environment? I just need to add offsets capability.

Thanks