PDA

View Full Version : 3.50 OE Custom Firmware To be Released Later

wraggster
June 2nd, 2007, 14:53
Mathieulh posted this update on the status of the Custom Firmware News:

ok a little update on 3.50.

It will be a little more difficult to code a 3.50OE because SCE changed the prx format those are now elfs marked as 0 sections. This means that current tools cannot disassemble those and thus it will be harder to reverse, we need to get ourselves complying tools before going on. We will keep you updated of any progress.

By the way Alex is currently taking exams so he is busy, don't expect a 3.50OE within the next few days.

Nice to have an update on the situation, im sure we can all wait for the next release :)

bandit
June 2nd, 2007, 14:59
No need to have this OE unless there is a major change/addition to something. I'll stick with my 3.40OE

Triv1um
June 2nd, 2007, 15:01
No need to have this OE unless there is a major change/addition to something. I'll stick with my 3.40OE

Yes, indeed. There are no main known advantages to this, so i don't really see the point to be honest.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 15:12
Well dax always seems to improve upon each new OE, so there might be some great improvements.

ryan2006
June 2nd, 2007, 15:36
yeah maybe sony has improved the psx emu. anyways good luck in the exams dax.:thumbup:

Auriman1
June 2nd, 2007, 16:08
I hope Dark_Alex addresses the compatibility problems with slower memory sticks that have been present in the last few custom firmwares with this upcoming release.

comicgeek
June 2nd, 2007, 16:34
You know what I think it's best that I get updated cause you may never know that GOW will require a 3.50

YourStillWithMe
June 2nd, 2007, 16:35
Yeah, i dont see a HUGE need for this right now. I mean the only reason i want the OE is so I can access my ps3 from anywhere that has a hotspot mwahaha. Other then that im content with 3.40 OE

Veskgar
June 2nd, 2007, 16:50

I agree completely. Obviously SONY is getting a little more crafty and making it more difficult to make custom firmware so why should Dark_AleX & team reveal their secrets on this firmware update. I'm pretty sure there has not been any improvement on the POPS emulator. No commercial games require 3.50 to play.

Nobody can argue with a new OE custom firmware if that is what Dark_AleX decides to do. But what if after a 3.50 OE, SONY finds a way to make it even more difficult. Sony has a major update in the works (4.00) - I'd much rather have a 4.00 OE.

I say it all the time, its sort of like a Poker game. We need to keep our poker face on. I'm not sure Dark_AleX will want to reveal his hand so soon.

You know what I think it's best that I get updated cause you may never know that GOW will require a 3.50

I'm certain that God of War will require 4.xx firmware. With the way that SONY constantly updates its firmware for the PSP, do you really think that from now till November there will not be more updates? If there are no more new downgraders by November of this year, with all of the great commercial games being released SONY will have a near stranglehold on the homebrew scene growing larger. There will be a lot of people with 4.xx firmware PSP's discovering that there is this great "underground" PSP community and they will realize that they are too late. So I hope we can all work together to discover more exploits in the upcoming firmwares.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 16:56
Well put! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Basil Zero
June 2nd, 2007, 17:45
he should take his time

especially since there arent any games requiring 3.50.

Buddy4point0
June 2nd, 2007, 17:46
it does add the ps3 internet remote play witch is a very important feature to ps3 owners, so i will upgrade to 3.50 oe

Sonicboy 101
June 2nd, 2007, 17:50
Hmm...
If there were any good features coming with the next OE, I would get.
But, 3.40 OE suits me fine right now.

EmO.KiD
June 2nd, 2007, 17:56
I dont know why everyone wants 3.50? like honestly if u wanna play ps3 stay home and play it.... frankly i dont think there has been any good games that playstation has come out with in the last cupple of years.... the onli resun i have my psp is because i can play nintendo games on it. But why rush someone whom doest have to do the job anyways... hes dooing it cause im assuming he would like to have the firmware for himself and out f the kindness of his heart share it... i dont understand why everyone cant keep there pants on for a little while specialy if he wrighting his exams

steve520
June 2nd, 2007, 18:07
Yeah i think i really dont need to update because there is really no changes and I dont even own a PS3 so it wont matter but I still love Dark Alex's work

xg917
June 2nd, 2007, 18:10
o hell. guys im still on 3.03 OE-C and im perfectly fine there :p

Solidsnake3000
June 2nd, 2007, 19:47
well if dax puts some thing on 3.50 oe thats not n original update like dax support or some thing then i might consider getting it but for now iam sticking to 3.40

Shrygue
June 2nd, 2007, 20:23
I'll be looking forward to see what 3.50 OE beholds for us. If there is anything significantly new that's good in this one, I'll definately upgrade.

djbrotherson
June 2nd, 2007, 20:24
I don't see what the use would be unless they make a homebrew that will allow you to play any homebrew over the net with the use of wifi

Tantor
June 2nd, 2007, 20:25
does any one knows, how to install the killzone liberation pack, (recently released), in any of the custom firmware, cause when i try to run it form xmb, it always send the message "imposilbe to initialize game" (i'm refering to the killzone pack). thanx

waynemister
June 2nd, 2007, 20:49
will be good to see what updates are on 3.50 oe firmware im also running 3.40 oe and thanks go out for the people who develop these keep up the good work.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 21:37
Couldn't that easily be a way to dg? Just open the psar, replace some files, put the pbp back together, and there. Is the signed part of the eboot one of the inner files, (PSAR, DATA.PSP) or is it in the actual eboot?

nukester
June 2nd, 2007, 21:54
i wish Dark_Alex could add to the custom firmware to allow us to play our backup umd video/music iso's on our psp's.

cozy
June 2nd, 2007, 22:02
[QUOTE=Veskgar;445705]I agree completely. Obviously SONY is getting a little more crafty and making it more difficult to make custom firmware so why should Dark_AleX & team reveal their secrets on this firmware update. I'm pretty sure there has not been any improvement on the POPS emulator. No commercial games require 3.50 to play.

Nobody can argue with a new OE custom firmware if that is what Dark_AleX decides to do. But what if after a 3.50 OE, SONY finds a way to make it even more difficult. Sony has a major update in the works (4.00) - I'd much rather have a 4.00 OE.

I say it all the time, its sort of like a Poker game. We need to keep our poker face on. I'm not sure Dark_AleX will want to reveal his hand so soon.

This is the truth let DAX hack this baby and wait for 4.xx then go for the Kill...$ony will never learn..I think $ony just keep updating to keep the dev software companies happy..Keep up the good work :)

mat_dizzy
June 2nd, 2007, 22:24
Its the war which was won 2 years ago, just sony dont seem to realise it ended in 2005, and infact the hackers and hombrew communitys won! Sony keep creating petty firmwares to tempt sad sony fans who like to say to their friends they have the latest firmware, and what does it add, nothing of use, hell since the flash features, nothing good as come out apart from the capabilities of running psx eboots, which was made possible on behalf of dark alex! Really though, if dark alex himself is reading this post and im sure many will agree. You are the only reason by psp hasnt sufficated from being burried from dust! Long live the hackers ;) But for now im sticking with 3.40oea, and i may.. update to 3.50oea when it does come out, just to see what the updated remote play functions do! Im looking foward to seing what 4.00 brings us, oops or should that be 4.00oea :cool: Oh good luck with your GCSE's Alex!

carlitx
June 2nd, 2007, 23:04
ok i know this is a stupid suggestion, but why not take some time and play with it and see if he can update the flash player or something, i think an extra feature that is only available to oe fw would be nice. besides the pops i mean XD

acn010
June 2nd, 2007, 23:22
im glad to hear that a new oe is coming out, it always gives me a sensation in my body

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 00:07
I would prefer 4.00OE WAY over some stupid ps3 support stuff. I'm waiting for sony to make remoteplay support for wii! :D

DragonPimpsta
June 3rd, 2007, 00:43
Im fine with my 3.03 OE-C until something new and amazing is released :-)

acn010
June 3rd, 2007, 00:47
3.40 OE has some new stuff :)

mavsman4457
June 3rd, 2007, 01:30
This will be awesome because it will help remote play get better but I have one problem with remote play. When you go on the internet you can't really tell very well where the cursor is because there is a delay so when you move the analog stick it is hard to get it on the exact spot. So I think that there should be a cursor that responds exactly to where the PSP analog stick is going and then a trail that shows where the PS3 has it registered. Get what I'm saying?

weirdelf
June 3rd, 2007, 01:47
The 'later' is slightly misleading. I thought it meant laterr tonight :(

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 03:16
Later, like a week or more.

Personally, I think dax should just keep improving upon 3.40 OE

shibikku95
June 3rd, 2007, 03:16
sorry to change you guys subject. i just wanna know if anybody got psp devolution mod-chip. if so can someone teach me how the hell to work on this?
my computer doesnt wanna read my devolution, just it says unknown devices. how do i fix this problem. please help anyone?

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 03:18
That's what the help forum is for.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80

shibikku95
June 3rd, 2007, 03:21
i tride to look on forums...so far i haven't seen anyone talking about this psp devolution.

lin5230
June 3rd, 2007, 05:33
Sorry to say it's not news

mfz64
June 3rd, 2007, 14:54
im probably gonna stick with 3.40 oe a

bandit
June 3rd, 2007, 15:26
I agree completely. Obviously SONY is getting a little more crafty and making it more difficult to make custom firmware so why should Dark_AleX & team reveal their secrets on this firmware update. I'm pretty sure there has not been any improvement on the POPS emulator. No commercial games require 3.50 to play.

I forgot where I saw this but these firmware numbers are based on what was improved.

x.00 - major upgrade/change
0.x0 - minor upgrade/change
0.0x - bug fixes and what nots

I'm probably wrong but its posted somewhere on the web with a better description.

Omega weapon
June 3rd, 2007, 16:58
hi all im just new to this forum and i really hope that dark alex can make 3.50 oe as im stuck with 3.11 and i can just upgrade to 3.50 and download the downgrader when it comes out. good luck to dark alex in his exams:)

svoges103
June 3rd, 2007, 22:42
well i think if there is a 3.50 oe im gonna upgrade because what if sony bans custom firmware and takes it off all the psp sites? then youll be with 3.40 oea for a long time unless you can find a custom firmware still out there.

ab88
June 3rd, 2007, 23:11
well i think if there is a 3.50 oe im gonna upgrade because what if sony bans custom firmware and takes it off all the psp sites? then youll be with 3.40 oea for a long time unless you can find a custom firmware still out there.

That would be so hard, you know like finding illegal files on the internet :rolleyes:

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 23:57
Sony will not get the OEs off the web, because there is nothing illegal about it.

cdc1991
June 5th, 2007, 00:02
Do any of you guys know whether I can update to 3.50 Custom firmware from 3.40 normal firmware, or whether it will brick in that case or something...?

BTW, i think custom firmwares are illegal, as they break they break Sony's update contract or something, no?

dj2005
June 5th, 2007, 01:27
Do any of you guys know whether I can update to 3.50 Custom firmware from 3.40 normal firmware, or whether it will brick in that case or something...?

BTW, i think custom firmwares are illegal, as they break they break Sony's update contract or something, no?

You're stuck with 3.40 unless a new downgrader is released which seems to not be anytime soon.

And no custom firmwares are not illegal.

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 07:39
You own your psp, no one can tell you what and what not to do with it. Downloading copyrighted material is different.

rockiecxh
June 5th, 2007, 08:33
who cares the 3.50 version?

XArt
June 10th, 2007, 15:04
For anyone wondering if it will be banded, I can tell you that Sony can not ban it as it belongs to us, the software is not written by sony.

the software takes two offical firmware from sony and splices them together to make what we call a customized version, taking all the good stuff and get rid of all the bad stuff like signed code part.

3.40 OE is just as good and 3.50 offers very little to what 3.40 gives us at the moment, so I would say look forward to 4.00 OE

All Sony can do is try and make it hard for us to customize firmware but they can not stop it, that would be ilegal as consumers have the wright to do what the like to there own PSP devices they do not belong to Sony, sony needs to understand this.

tmich15
June 18th, 2007, 05:00
any one help me i upraded my fw to 3.5 now i cat run any homebrew or my Daedalus . any one have a close idea for how long i have to wait till i can downgrade it or put homebrew back on...!!!

parkermauney
June 18th, 2007, 05:15
It'll be a while.

xcjzerox
June 18th, 2007, 10:49
no 350oa is taking so long

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 20:12
I just found 3.40 oe (havn't looked for custom firmware since the 2.71 eloader came out). And I cna't say if I'll upgrade to 3.50 oe or not, it really depends on what it offers. I'm not a big fan of unnecessarily flashing my PSP as this can only be done so many times, so I'll wait for some reviews when/if it gets released.

And while custom firmware is not illegal in the criminal sense, it is a direct violation of the EULA you agreed to by opening the box of your PSP (don't believe me? Check the box, you'll find it). And it's only a breach by the fact that you must reverse engineer Sony's IP (Intellectual Property for those that are wondering). But thanks to the anonymity offered by the internet I don't see it stopping any time soon. And with the loss of the head of the PlayStation project, Sony has much bigger problems now than custom firmware.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

z0mble
June 20th, 2007, 01:34
a "n00b" needs help. im sure this question has been answered 50 times somewhere in this thread, but like a fool i just updated to 3.50 (which i didnt even know exsisted). the ONLY thing i want to do is play PS1 games(which i also just found out psp can do now with this new firmware). am i able to do that?? the last time i messed around with this homebrew stuff, and at that even touched my psp, was when v2.4 just came out. can someone kind of refresh me about whats going on now?? i read about not being able to downgrade from 3.5. what is this 3.4oe all about? and what version of the official firmware do i need to be on to use it?

killermatt101
June 20th, 2007, 01:38
man i just tried the new emulators and relized i needed the downgrade bc i had 3.5 :( hope it comes out soon:rolleyes:

TeamOverload
June 20th, 2007, 12:54
Well you'll be waiting a while. There's no exploits even on 3.10 yet, so unless a major exploit is found that covers every current firmware, you'll be stuck for a while. I don't believe anyone is actively searching for an exploit currently anyways.

Mabus71
June 20th, 2007, 15:02
Hey,

I also just want to point out that I'm sure alot of people are fed up with the same questions over and over I just thought maybe someone can give a small tidbit on some psp info.

I've been reading alot of psp sites and threads since like most people, I bought my psp yesterday and I'm one of the types who wants to upgrade everything before touching it. So yeah i screwed my self by going to 3.50. Although I don't even know what firmware I had before I upgraded it.

Anyways.. I keep seeing threads about needing 3.03 at least to be able to downgrade and use homebrew which allows stuff like playing roms and iso's which is the main thing im missing out on. but then I see stuff like a 3.40 OE and hopefully a 3.50 OE depending on Dark Alex doing it or not.

So my question is whats the difference between being to downgrade and a 3.50 OE comming out? Would a 3.50 oe comming out mean I can play roms and get all the stuff I would have been able to get if I didn't upgrade like an idiot?

Thanks..

comicgeek
June 20th, 2007, 15:34
before installing OE your PSP must be downgraded to 1.5 or is on an SE or OE version already. If your PSP is with a regular Sony firmware (official) then you need to downgrade it before you can install an OE or an SE.

Mabus71
June 20th, 2007, 15:56
yeah.. dammit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_homebrew#3.10.2B_homebrew

Just read all the info there. I guess I'm gonna forever wonder what version my psp was before I foolishly patched it.. arghhhhhhhh I wish I could return it too but ebgames policy don't let you return any opened merchandise haha.. the best they would do for me I think is let me have a used one instead and I'm not garunteed if that one is patched or not either.. then id be out money on a new one for a probally crappier patched one.

Lesson learned I guess :( I'll make my self feel better by thinking that the new final fantasy tactics for the psp will require having a the latest update I guess.. lol :(