PDA

View Full Version : DS Set to Get 'Dementium'

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 02:15
via Cubed3 (http://www.cubed3.com/news/7705/1/DS_Set_to_Get_)

Following the initial announcement of The Ward for Nintendo's DS portable, it has now been confirmed that the game has had a slight name change and also now has a publisher.

Apparently Gamecock has taken on responsibility for the game, now titled with the much more memorable name of "Dementium: The Ward", which has players taking on the role of a patient who wakes up with no memory that must find a way out of the strange hospital without losing his life. On-route there will be several puzzles, unusual characters to meet and disturbing truths to be learned about the hospital itself. Developer Renegade Kid has promised the game will come complete with "gory visuals and bone-chilling audio that brings the world screaming to life."

"Renegade Kid is looking to move above and beyond what most games are attempting on the DS, and with Gamecock we've found a publisher who is supportive, developer friendly, and willing to give us the freedom to create the game we want. Dementium showcases what a powerful piece of hardware the DS is, while drawing in a mature crowd that's looking for a title they can really sink their teeth into."
- Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid.

"From the first meeting, Renegade Kid have proven themselves to be innovative, unafraid to push the 'norms' of gaming and incredibly talented - all of which we think are the key characteristics of a great developer. It's great when you can sit down with a developer who shares the same vision of where games should be going in creating new and exciting titles to offer an alternative to the bland remakes and sequels flooding stores today."
- Harry Miller, Head of Development of Gamecock Media Group.

With the game due for release later this year, you can surely expect further media coverage in the coming months.

kcajblue
June 3rd, 2007, 06:21
i either posted this or something like this.

Wii60_FTW
June 3rd, 2007, 11:08
Man, I am all OVER this game. The sneak peak trailer looks AMAZING. Games like Silent Hill are my favorite. Can't wait to play this game.