PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

Gene
June 3rd, 2007, 07:43
I lied, After a helload of work to make my map and finall get mapthis! to run, I have come across yet another problem.

Basically when I run the program from Game340 it boots up perfect. Itgives me the blue screen that shows that mapthis is running correct, then it tells me to select my map, and when i pick the map it loads fine but after about 5 seconds of use it just freezes and shuts down my psp. it's really frustrating when i put all this work and effort to make this thing work then when it does it freezes. I am in need of help yet again so please if you know why it might be freezing 5 seconds into the program then tell me a solution please.

My settings are as follows:

-I am running 3.40oe-a.
-Using 290's Eboot.
-I have 2.71 prx's for GPS-290
-I have a 100% correct map because i tested it with an older Mapthis! version and it worked perfect.
-Not connected with 290 gps device becuase i don't own it yet.(Could this be the problem why it freezes?)
-Using 1.5 kernal.

Gene
June 4th, 2007, 01:44
Sory for the bump but I got a new problem that won't let me use mapthis. I edited the post above to specify the problem.

Thanks so much!

deniska
June 4th, 2007, 03:17
This is a bug which is currntly under investigation.
Untill it gets sorted out your possible options are:
1) get holux/generic version of MapThis! (install it in GAME150 dir) - this version does not seem to have this problem.
2) try to generate a new map of the same area from a different vendor (ie try local live if you used google before, etc)
3) check your ms integrity - you may have some curruption of the file system

Gene
June 4th, 2007, 05:17
This is a bug which is currntly under investigation.
Untill it gets sorted out your possible options are:
1) get holux/generic version of MapThis! (install it in GAME150 dir) - this version does not seem to have this problem.
2) try to generate a new map of the same area from a different vendor (ie try local live if you used google before, etc)
3) check your ms integrity - you may have some curruption of the file system

Thanks for the quick reply Deniska. But i'd like to ask what exactly the bug is. Does it freeze because I don't have the 290 plugged in? or is it because of some unknown reason?

Also i just wanted to add that the holux version works 100% thank you for the advice. You are my hero.

Leake
June 11th, 2007, 05:04
Hi mate,

I have the same problem actually, I'm glad it's not just me. It's only a problem for me when I use maps (it seems so far) larger than about 200mb. I don't have the PSP290 plugged in, i just attempt to view the map (currently 440mb) and it starts to load then shuts down.

I'm running FW1.50 and 3.40, booting on 1.50 with MapThis! in GAME340 folder. The map is a Googlemap, and smaller maps run perfectly.

deniska
June 11th, 2007, 15:30
For large maps you may want to disable cacheing of map indexes:
CACHEMAPINDEX=0

rollinolin
September 19th, 2007, 20:58
3.52m33-4
mapthis .501

after the game boot the opening screen of mapthis .501 has ok on all 4 things. the psp shuts down before i can select a map.

I did some trouble shooting and noticed that the select button was shorted. you can tell when you try to change the nick name. you realy dont have any other indications other than checking to see if a key is shorted on nick name settings. I also realized that my vol up button was shorted to screen brightness when i selected it. I found a replacement button ribbon cable on ebay for 12 dollors after shipping.

does anyone have a temp. fix for this?
or have the same prob?
please give your comments for i miss my map this and psp and dont want to wait the 2 weeks for delivery.

thanks deniska and all who have contributed to a great program.

v.r. rollinolin

rollinolin
September 21st, 2007, 13:13
anyone?