PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii debuts at E3?

wraggster
June 3rd, 2007, 08:32
Rumours have hit the web suggesting that Nintendo could have some surprises in store for E3 in July. Mario Kart on Wii is just one of many...

It isn't the first time Mario Kart's Wii arrival has been rumoured; internet ramblings earlier this week claimed it was shown at the recent Nintendo Summit event in Seattle.

Other rumours, originating from Jeux France, include firm release dates being given for Smash Bros and the LONG awaited Mario Galaxy. There's also been a mention of "big hardware news" taking place at event but we're not even going near that.

Going back to Karting, the first thing we'd like to see in the Wii version is the complete dumping of dual-manned karts, which didn't quite tickle our fancy in the Gamecube version.

We suppose they might as well use the Wii remote for aiming shells or something as well, as long as the multiplayer mode has us swearing as much as Mario Kart 64 - which we still play often in the CVG office.

Whatever happens, we'll be at the new-look E3 event to bring you tip-top coverage, and finally raise the courage to ride the mechanical bull in the Saddle Ranch.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165078)

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 18:03
every Nintendo console has a Mario Kart...

ICE
June 3rd, 2007, 18:52
and thats a bad thing?

Basil Zero
June 3rd, 2007, 18:55
hope they make it better than the GCN ver which was horrible in reviews

and hope they make it like the DS ver but more exapanded with more characters, kart types, race tracks from the old games.

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 18:58
and thats a bad thing?

It's getting generic if they don't add big new features

Gold Line
June 3rd, 2007, 18:59
hope they make it better than the GCN ver which was horrible in reviews

and hope they make it like the DS ver but more exapanded with more characters, kart types, race tracks from the old games.

yeah i loved racing on the old and new tracks in mario kart ds

steve520
June 3rd, 2007, 19:21
yeah i love me some mario kart i loved it on the
N64

VampDude
June 3rd, 2007, 19:42
It's getting generic if they don't add big new features

Double Dash had a new feature, the ability to hold 2 items and use 2 characters at the same time! :D

skater9269
June 3rd, 2007, 20:25
I have liked every kart so far so why want I like this one? I just hope it doesn't feel like a damned rushed gc port.

philr359
June 4th, 2007, 01:11
even if this is a direct port of double dash, the controls would sell it for me :D

Demolition49
June 4th, 2007, 19:26
I liked double dash very much so, you cant judge a game by reviews, i actually thought it had good reviews but oh well.