PDA

View Full Version : Mini vMac DS - Documentation writers needed

wraggster
June 3rd, 2007, 09:37
News from Lazyone:

I need some people to write documentation on how to set up and use Mini vMac on the Nintendo DS.

This would include installing to the DS, making a bootable OS image, installing software to OS image and using the emulator.

I am looking for OSX documentation, Linux documentation and Windows documentation. (if you get all that on windows I will be amazed, even Linux may be difficult)

Volunteers will be given the latest test builds as they are available and can request the source along with the binary.

Possible build configurations (reduced accuracy/faster emulation can used with any build):

1MB
2MB
2.5MB
4MB (Requires compatible slot-2 flash cart with at least 4MB of RAM)

Examples of previous work would be nice and I would rather you not leak anything since the port is still in the development phase and a few bugs still exist.

http://lazyone.drunkencoders.com/wordpress/

XDelusion
June 3rd, 2007, 17:37
Not much to do inside classic Mac OS, would be a wet dream if DS could do Amiga though, but I'm sure the hardware specs are not up for the job...

...maybe next Gen DS?

Sonny_Jim
June 4th, 2007, 02:22
Even the PS2 struggles to emulate the Amiga. I believe the problem stems from the fact that the Amiga had some tasty custom chips that are hard to emulate.

TheLazy1
June 4th, 2007, 06:33
Not much to do inside classic Mac OS

Besides classic games right? :D

I know that all of these games work:
------------------
Sim City
Sim Ant
Sim Earth
Oregon Trail
Leisure Suit Larry

crookedmouth
June 4th, 2007, 06:47
I also love the rpg's for the classic mac. Nice version of Pirates! too

Cygoku
June 4th, 2007, 15:40
Volunteers will be given the latest test builds as they are available and can request the source along with the binary.:rolleyes: WOW !

Cygoku

crookedmouth
June 4th, 2007, 18:00
I wish I had written down the procedure when I first did my disk images using stuffit 5 and 4, basilisk, miniVmac for pc, and hfvexplorer. I'm afraid I've forgotten the steps. If nobody comes forward to do a windows doc, I could give it a go.

XDelusion
June 5th, 2007, 04:55
Oh yes, sims and ants. ;)

As for Amiga, yes it was a lady killer indeed!

witeds
June 7th, 2007, 02:42
:D why mac and not windows or som other cool program like that:thumbup:

TheLazy1
June 7th, 2007, 16:00
:D why mac and not windows or som other cool program like that:thumbup:

Simple, I was bored and there was an easily available open-source Macintosh emulator.
Hopefully someone will come up with an x86 emulator in the future, but for now my time is split between Mini vMac DS and Wolf3D DS.

The one thing I keep hearing is comments about how useless a Macintosh emulator is, but you must not mistake it's purpose.

The DS is a gaming machine, you would not install Mini vMac on ANY system just to use business applications would you?
It's meant for classic games that otherwise would never be on the DS, I can guarantee you will never see a Sim Ant DS or Oregon Trail DS.

DanTheManMS
June 7th, 2007, 19:23
Well granted, Sim Ant for the SNES does work in SNEmulDS... >_>

But I do understand your purpose, and congratulate you for your achievements with this emulator.