PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Hard Drive Coming?

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 18:32
via Portable Planet (http://www.portableplanet.co.uk/2007/06/03/nintendo-wii-hard-drive-coming/)

There have been whispers about Wii getting a hard drive for a while now, and the chatter is growing with E3 fast approaching.

On IGN’s latest Wii-k in Review podcast, experts Mark Bozon and Matt Casamassina opined that since the upcoming Neo Geo Virtual Console titles will be so large, a Nintendo Wii hard drive would soon be announced to accomodate the girth.

From Go Nintendo:

Apparently, somewhere around the 33 minute mark Casamassina and Bozon discuss the large file sizes of Neo Geo VC games. This lead the pair to believe that Nintendo would be unveiling a Wii hard drive sometime soon. This fits perfectly with the Jeux-France rumor we posted that discussed the possibility of Nintendo announcing big hardware news at the upcoming E3.

Currently, Wii is the only next-generation console that lacks a hard drive.

Accordion
June 3rd, 2007, 18:46
via Portable Planet (http://www.portableplanet.co.uk/2007/06/03/nintendo-wii-hard-drive-coming/)

Currently, Wii is the only [last]-generation console that lacks a hard drive.

couldnt resist

Dee-Lite
June 3rd, 2007, 21:06
Nevermind VC Downloads!! I want to see downloadable content for wii games! Like new levels and things. Mario strikers could sure as hell do with some kind of communication patch as I really dont see the point in playing my friends when I can't communicate with them

Anyways i'll pick up a HD if it comes out:p

alienanthropologist
June 3rd, 2007, 22:22
I'll be happy to buy even a Wii cookie jar

Gold Line
June 3rd, 2007, 22:30
with or without a hard drive its still better than the ps3

Shadowblind
June 3rd, 2007, 22:33
with or without a hard drive its still better than the ps3

True, true....though i dont see why it would need a hard drive. Truley, I only got a Hard drive on 360 for the normal Xbox games.

I've always wondered: Whats the advantages to having a 60GB hard drive when saving takes around 72mb for a HUGE save file?

ganondorf
June 3rd, 2007, 23:45
I would get this. My wii is almost full of vc games.

ICE
June 3rd, 2007, 23:52
you dont get a hard drive for saves. its for VC games and also for when they unveil their "arcade" ;)

shadowprophet
June 4th, 2007, 04:38
I've thought about this wii hdd idea.
I believe Nintendo will release the Hdd inside a sexy new stand, and the hdd will link to the wii via the usb ports on the back.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5949/hddideaoe1.jpg
Like this

alienanthropologist
June 4th, 2007, 08:26
I like that!

duckharding30
June 4th, 2007, 09:47
i love my wii but here is the thing it had better be cheap because for all the low price point of the wii , if u call 399 here in australia cheap , u then have to go out and buy at least one more control and nunchuck (another 100 bucks over here for them both) then rechargable batteries because they go through batteries like nothing else. Maybe a classic controller (30 bucks) if u dont have a gamecube controller. Then perhaps a sd card (admittedly most people may have one already), a component cable if u got a high def tv (50 bucks) and now a hard drive which all need to be purchased on top of the initial cost. I will definently buy a hard drive for my wii but if nintendo had planned this better i wouldnt have to. i mean come on they are already saying that every wii console sold is profit to them which means they are charging more than they need to and now they make us buy every little thing u need to make the most of the wii (nearly 200 bucks in my case). Still at least it still works out cheaper than a playstation3 which clocks in at 1000 australian dollars!!!! sorry to ramble and thank u for reading :-)

Demolition49
June 4th, 2007, 20:13
should copyright it matey lol.