PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Has 1 Week to Respond to Xbox 360 Scratching Problems

JKKDARK
June 3rd, 2007, 18:39
via Product Reviews Net (http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/06/02/microsoft-has-1-week-to-respond-to-xbox-360-scratching-problems/)

This is old news that the Xbox 360 has been scratching discs and Microsoft has promised to look into the problem, but what is new news is the fact that the European Commissioner for Consumer Affairs is not happy.

Meglena Kuneva (EU Commissioner) has gave Microsoft exactly one week to respond to the problem of the 360 damaging media and to detail how the company has handled the bad DVD drive situation in the Netherlands.

Microsoft will also have to tell the European Commissioner how many complaints have been received.

If things go from bad to worse it may come about that the European Commission force a recall of the Xbox 360’s in the Netherlands.

It is all resting on how Microsoft handles this problem as they could end up in legal hot water.

Shadowblind
June 3rd, 2007, 18:45
Tsk, tsk, Microsoft. You had your chance. For the sake of the Netherlands, I hope you do right....

Elven6
June 3rd, 2007, 19:58
Microsoft needs to monitor its factory's more effectivly, I heard the fault was because one of the factors never coated the laser with rubber so it would brush up against the disc.

Xiofire
June 4th, 2007, 23:28
I heard it was cus they didnt put any rubber on at all to make production that little bit cheaper. My 360 scrapped my copy of PGR 3. I got a refund though, luckly.
-Xiofire

Elven6
June 5th, 2007, 02:08
I heard it was cus they didnt put any rubber on at all to make production that little bit cheaper. My 360 scrapped my copy of PGR 3. I got a refund though, luckly.
-Xiofire

Those dutch reporters already pin pointed it was the factory workers who forgot.

PLZKLLME0080
June 5th, 2007, 02:23
wow. is that just for the netherlands or everywhere else too? :eek:

Shadowblind
June 5th, 2007, 02:27
Probably Netherlands. For all the time I've had my 360, the only time my disk ever read "Error" was when my 360 feel over while running Gears. Yeesh...