PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn

dodgeme
June 4th, 2007, 01:10
why not even attempt it. Before sony released their ps1 emulator there was a decent homebrew one. I would just like to see it attempted

JKKDARK
June 4th, 2007, 01:13
First of all, there wasn't a decent homebrew PlayStation emulator for PSP. It only got like 5 FPS.

And Sega Saturn is totally impossible, and we discussed it many times. Saturn is A LOT harder than PlayStation.

parkermauney
June 4th, 2007, 03:52
Sony have used their same playstation technowizz chips and fw's to build each console, saturn was sloppily built, and is a LOT different than the ps1. The only people capable of making a feasable emu for the psp, would be sega themselves.

pibs
June 4th, 2007, 03:56
yea and sega is pretty much nintendo now so it would probably just get built for the wii.

Strangler
June 5th, 2007, 06:31
why does sega fancy nintendo so much and why did they fancy the original xbxo so much?

Wally
June 5th, 2007, 06:43
Why do you fancy going offtopic :P

dylandangles
June 7th, 2007, 20:09
Its hard to find a decent Saturn emulator for PC so I can guarantee you will never see any sort of Saturn emulator for Psp.

The main reason the Saturn failed was because it used dual CPU's. That made it hell to code for. That's also the reason you cannot emulate it with much success.

Bottom line: Saturn emulation on a Psp=Impossible.

parkermauney
June 7th, 2007, 21:41
dylandangles, you'll probable get smited for your sig, dcemu seems to think rom hacks are illegal.

dylandangles
June 7th, 2007, 21:48
Off Topic: Distributing commercial Roms is illegal but Rom hacking itself isn't illegal. Everything on my site is made into an IPS patch to make it legal as possible. Nowhere on my site will you find links to a Rom of any kind. For all they know the Roms i hack could be legally obtained. QJ has much stricter rules than here and they let me make release threads for my hacks as long as i only link to IPS patches.

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2007, 00:30
dylandangles, you'll probable get smited for your sig, dcemu seems to think rom hacks are illegal.

uh.. we have no problem with IPS patches?

Classic80s
June 12th, 2007, 01:48
They should skip all that and try working on a pstoo emualtor!1111111 psuno works so why not popstationstoo?

P.S dumbass.

the_eternal_dark
June 13th, 2007, 09:48
Ok, does anyone who posts in these forums read the stickies? I believe there is one titled "Don't ask for..." that specifically says not to ask for this and many other systems/games/emus.

parkermauney
June 14th, 2007, 22:00
Off Topic: Distributing commercial Roms is illegal but Rom hacking itself isn't illegal. Everything on my site is made into an IPS patch to make it legal as possible. Nowhere on my site will you find links to a Rom of any kind. For all they know the Roms i hack could be legally obtained. QJ has much stricter rules than here and they let me make release threads for my hacks as long as i only link to IPS patches.

I indeed know that, but a while back I posted asking about favorite rom hacks. Some mod told me otherwise.

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2007, 23:55
I indeed know that, but a while back I posted asking about favorite rom hacks. Some mod told me otherwise.

Rom hacks are fine so long as no original content is in them. Point any mod who tells you otherwise at this link.

Elven6
June 23rd, 2007, 03:24
why does sega fancy nintendo so much and why did they fancy the original xbxo so much?

Mabye because Microsoft helped Sega a lot when it came to doing things with the Dreamcast's Online ability. Games for Windows-Live was something Microsoft and Sega were developing on the Dreamcast, I remember seeing some tech demos, I think some games do work cross platform.

And I don't think its possible for the Saturn to run on a PSP because of Video memory limitations.