PDA

View Full Version : Nucleus

Triv1um
June 4th, 2007, 15:44
Via Game Planet (http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Previews/4329.html)

THIS IS TRULY AN odd game. You are a "Remote-Unit" which can be likened to tadpole looking thing, which can shoot and destroy bacteria. You're based in an open environment, which is living, and starts out initially with a couple of cells (as in the white cells in your body). These cells can be used as protection by dragging them together to form a wall or they can be shot to get powerups to assist you along the way.

You basically swim around trying to fend off anything that comes your way. Initially it's only bacteria that come out first and as the game progresses, viruses are introduced. There are various strains of the virus and they pose more threat than the bacteria. They are a lot quicker, shoot back and when shot at are not destroyed, but break down into smaller and weaker strains.

For these tougher opponents you may need to release a protein bomb which can be very effective in tight situations. The protein bomb can be gained through shooting certain cells and collecting them up to a point where you can release it on intruding bacteria and viruses.

If you get tired of general play then you can try your hand at the various survival modes. You can choose to battle it out against bacteria while moving up through the body or choose to just try and survive an onslaught of enemies. Both modes are time restricted and provide for some light entertainment.

Visually this game looks pretty good. The living environment is designed in a way that gives you the impression that you're looking down on it through a through a microscope. The whole thing looks alive and very colourful, however at times it's difficult to see bacteria or viruses as they blend in with this unique setting.

Nucleus is not set for release until later on in the year. It sounds interesting enough and is interesting in weird way but the preview build does not hold our attention for long. Check out the screenshots to get an idea of what you will be in for when the game is finished.

----

Screens of this weired game, can be found here with the above article (http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Previews/4329.html)

Basil Zero
June 4th, 2007, 17:35
interesting game....meh, i rather play action, rpg or adventures lol

F9zDark
June 4th, 2007, 21:35
This sounds like a new twist to the old Space-Invaders games. Sorry to say, but after playing limitless clones of it over the past 15 years, I definitely think I'll pass on this one.

Sonicboy 101
June 4th, 2007, 21:40
Sounds... odd.

Tree
June 4th, 2007, 23:20
it look like that demo i played on the play station network ...

VFerg
June 6th, 2007, 21:53
It sounds like Flow and looks like that blaster game thats on the ps3 network. Not that original if its anything like those 2. Oh well ill definetly play the demo but this one definetly sounds like a pass.

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 21:56
it looks bad, i wont be playing it