PDA

View Full Version : Im getting a...

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 03:48
Nokia 770. maybe. anyone here anything about it i might want to know?

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:06
Looks cool, although I prefer n95.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:13
i do not have $700 for a phone regardless of what it does. unless it allows me to fly. then maybe.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:14
The Nokia N1000 does allow you to fly, apparently. Although it is $800. Too much?

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:16
hey you might wanna take out the whole "rep me" thing in your sig at some point ;)

EDIT: oh crap get back on topic so gunny doesnt lock me thread!!

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:18
I'm gonna leave it there in the hope that someone brings rep back.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:19
anywho back on topic now..

this things not a phone. its an "internet tablet". it has an internet browser and handwriting recognition. i wish it had some decent coders too...

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:21
To be honest, I prefer a keyboard to a handwritingrecognitionmajig. My handwriting is apparently not good enough. :mad:

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:22
lol but did you see the size of the screen on that thing!?!?

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:24
It is pretty big. How are you supposed to dial numbers without buttons? Do you use the touch screen?

EDIT: Look, I wonder if DCEmu would work well on it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Nokia770-fi-wiki.jpg/800px-Nokia770-fi-wiki.jpg

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:28
its not a phone. well you can use it for voip but its not a real phone.

theres like 4 of them on ebay for like $150-$200

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:30
Sounds dodgy...

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:31
what ebaying it? or the voip?

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:32
Look at this one, it's shipping from somewhere called 'WHOSTHEBOSS!'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-NOKIA-770-INTERNET-TABLET-WIFI-BLUETOOTH-MP3_W0QQitemZ140124619467QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38331Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:34
:rofl: youve never been to WHOSTHEBOSS!?
its in indiana i think..

EDIT: crap back on topic before gunny gets me!

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:35
:rofl: I hear some religion has to make a pilgrimage there.

EDIT: So... are you gonna get it?

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:37
i think its the mormans..anywho i think im gonna order it in a few days.

EDIT: now i have to get it..
http://youtube.com/watch/v/iMkWwJqPCOQ

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:38
i think its the mormans..anywho i think im gonna order it in a few days.

Those wacky Mormans...
From eBay, or somewhere else. You could go to WHOSTHEBOSS and get it in person.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:42
im not buying it from nokia... $350 from them..

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:46
It would be cool if you could control all animals with it. The N1000 can do that too.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:49
yeah id have to buy it then. st. patrick made some snakes leave and he's got his own holiday just imagine what i could do with control over all animals!!

first thing id do is make all those tiny dogs in womens purses go nuts and bite the women. i dont know why though..

oh and um it has bluetooth.

kcajblue
June 5th, 2007, 04:50
that thing is cool.
but can it call like a normal phone.
or is it strictly an internet thing.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 04:51
first thing id do is make all those tiny dogs in womens purses go nuts and bite the women. i dont know why though..
That wouldn't be possible if they were zipped up... although they could gnaw themselves free perhaps...

that thing is cool.
but can it call like a normal phone.
or is it strictly an internet thing.

it does not have built in cellphone capabilities.

I actually prefer this thing although it probly costs tons.

http://www.oqo.com/products/index.html

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 04:58
its basically a small crappy laptop.
or a big wonderful pda.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 05:00
Yeah... if it were a bit smaller it would be better.
Anyways... Wikipedia says that the 770 is quite slow at everything except internet.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 05:03
yeah ive watched some videos of it in action and it doesnt seem that slow to me. im looking at the nokia n800 as well.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 05:05
The n800 looks really cool...
$400
EDIT: 500 posts

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 05:08
yeah im cheap lol. its basically faster and used sd cards. oh and it has a webcam built in too.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 05:10
Is the webcam sposed to be good?

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 05:11
i saw it in a video review and it looked a pretty good. thatd be cool cause they both have instant messaging.

kcajblue
June 5th, 2007, 05:11
i was looking at the n800.
it does look pretty good.
i might have to get it.

weirdelf
June 5th, 2007, 05:13
i was looking at the n800.
it does look pretty good.
i might have to get it.

Although it still isn't a cellphone, meaning that you'd have to carry a cellphone around with this to communicate well.
Anyways, it's 5am over here, and I'm going to bed.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 05:14
i just remembered that my rich grandparents are coming into town this weekend! i might be able to talk them out of a couple hundred $$$'s lol

heres hoping.. i want the n800 but i'll settle for the other.

EDIT: yeah if you can use a cell phone as an access point over bluetooth for it.
i dont really want it to be a phone. that'd make it more money and i dont even need another phone..

kcajblue
June 5th, 2007, 05:17
i dont mind having to carry around a phone.
i only have a crappy razr.

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 05:21
http://youtube.com/watch/v/XE2fhlh3hJs

kcajblue
June 5th, 2007, 06:31
so it can call.
sort of.

that means you can only call people with something similar then does it?

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 06:34
anyone with voip.
google talk
skype(i think)
things like that.

SnesR0X
June 5th, 2007, 06:59
it looks nice, what are it's other main features?

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 07:07
web browser, im, video chat, voip, media player, and dozens of apps, emu's and games.

dejkirkby
June 5th, 2007, 07:20
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-O2-XDA-EXEC-FREE-SAMSUNG-WEP200-Bluetooth-Headset_W0QQitemZ140124225149QQihZ004QQcategoryZ64 355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7d/eb/07b9_2.JPG

Get this, it rocks!

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 16:38
im not actually looking for a new phone. i just want something that can do media and internet tasks better than my psp.

dejkirkby
June 5th, 2007, 17:26
Xda Exec

The ultimate handheld device for business and personal use with 3G and Wi-Fi built in

What it can do - Xda Exec key features

Always be in touch wherever you are with high speed internet access allowing you to surf the internet, access your emails, talk on the phone or do all at the same time (In 3G mode). With the latest Microsoft Mobiles 5 you can download the latest news and video clips. Whether for business or leisure use, the Xda exec is the ultimate handheld mobile device.
Xda Exec image

Use the links below to navigate this section:

Email and Personal Organiser
Business solutions on the move
Messaging
Browse the web
Ways to connect
Enjoy the Xda Exec in your spare time

* Integrated wireless PDA with full voice capability and clamshell form factor with 180-degree pivot screen
* Tri-band (GSM 900/1800/1900) UMTS 2100MHz
* GPRS class B Multislot class 10
* Built-in Bluetooth - 1.2
* Integrated Wireless LAN (802.11b)
* SDIO SD card slot
* Instant Message (IM), short (long) message (SMS) and multimedia message service (MMS)
* Full internet browsing
* XVGA camera (1280x960 pixels)
* MPEG4 camcorder
* MP3 media player
* Speakerphone and voice recorder facility
* Removable and chargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery, 1620 mAh
* Key lock support by software
* SIM Toolkit
* Handwriting recognition

Hardware - Xda Exec

* Processor Type: Intel Bulverde 520MHz
* 64 MB SDRAM, 128 MB ROM
* 3.6" Transflective 65,536 colour LCD (1.3m pixels)
o Camera 1.3 Megapixels
o Supports image formats JPG, BMP
o Supports video formats MPEG4, H.263, Motion-JPEG AVI
o CMOS Chip: XVGA (1280 x 960 pixels)
o Minimum scene illumination: 5 lux
* PBCCH
* Power on/off button
* Volume up/down button (2way)
* 3 programmable buttons
* 2 phone buttons
* 5-way navigation button
* 62 key Qwerty Keyboard
* Soft reset switch
* External antenna connector
* One MMC & SD/IO slot
* One Infrared Port
* One mini USB port
* Green/Orange LED for radio/charger indication on the RIGHT
* Blue/green LED for Bluetooth/Wireless LAN indication on the LEFT

Built-in Software - Xda Exec

* Windows Mobile 2005 for Pocket PC, phone edition
* Microsoft Pocket Outlook: Inbox, Contacts, Calendar,Tasks
* Pocket Office: Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile
* Microsoft Windows Media Player
* Microsoft Pictures
* Microsoft MSN Messenger
* Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer
* Microsoft ActiveSync
* Calculator
* Voice Notes
* Photo Contact ID
* MMS
* Wireless modem for USB, Bluetooth and IR
* Wireless data manager (UMTS/GSM/GPRS, Bluetooth, 802.11b)
* Zip
* Camera/Camcorder
* Voice Dialer
* Games

Additional Software on Companion CD - Xda Exec

* GPRS Monitor
* ClearVue PDF Viewer

Use your Xda Exec to send and receive email, including attachments. Always on, always ready*, the Xda Exec ensures you are always up-to-date and you can be more responsive.

You can send and receive web-based email straight from your Xda Exec inbox, just like you do on your PC. Depending on your company IT infrastructure you can access your business email and LAN via POP3 email, directly link to your Microsoft® Exchange® Server 2003, using our Mobile Web or our Mobile Web VPN services

Take your office with you - Xda Exec includes all the Pocket PC tools you need to keep fully organised on the move, such as Calendar, Contacts and Tasks, at the touch of a button.

* subject to network coverage

Business Solutions on the Move

The Xda Exec is the key tool for your mobile staff so they can stay in touch when they are away from base. Xda Exec lets you keep in contact with customers and suppliers by phone and email or even Instant Messaging.

Make time out of the office work for you. Prepare for meetings and update documents. The Xda Exec features the latest Microsoft® Windows® Mobile™ software so you can work on Word® and Excel® documents, view PowerPoint® slides. And you can even view PDFs.

You can run business applications on the Xda Exec that let you keep in touch with your workforce and track its status throughout the working day besides giving your team access to live information normally only available in the office.

Mobile business applications can deliver real benefits such as improved customer service, increased productivity, reduced costs (a PDA typically costs 50% of a laptop), increased staff satisfaction supporting reduced staff turnover (recruitment typically costs 20K), helping you to conform to latest legislation (Working Time Directive).

Also check out Smart Global™ - a one-stop-shop of partner applications designed specifically for mobile businesses - whether you are a sole trader or a medium to large employer. Click here for a free trial of any Smart Global service. Terms apply.
Business Solutions on the Move

Messaging

Your Xda Exec offers a full range of messaging services so you can keep in touch when you are out and about

* Voicemail will take your calls when you can't. Pick up your messages any time. Voicemail 901 is a simple to use, always-available answering service available to all O2 customers. It takes messages when you can't.
* Keep your colleagues and customers in the picture. Use Media Messaging from O2 to send and receive pictures, video clips and sound clips on your Xda Exec.
* Send text messages from your Xda Exec - the quick, convenient and discreet way to communicate with colleagues and business contacts.
* The Xda Exec includes MSN® Messenger enabling you to have an instant message conversation with groups of contacts (you must have a Microsoft Passport™ account or a Microsoft® Exchange® email account to use this service)

Messaging

Browse the Web

You just need to press one button on your Xda Exec and you can surf the same full colour Internet you access from your PC via O2's Mobile Web service*

Keep up with the latest news, order supplies or access your company website while you are out and about.

* subject to network coverage

Browse the Web

Ways to Connect

Your Xda Exec utilises the newest technology and can connect using 3G, GPRS or using Wireless Lan. 3G is the next generation of mobile networks and provides browsing and download speeds up to 4 times faster than GPRS. That means as the services and applications become available you’ll be able to access what we currently offer but with a faster and richer experience. Our 3G coverage can be found in many towns and cities now, such as London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, and Edinburgh. Coverage will continue to go through the process of aggressive expansion and by the end of 2005 we will have increased to over 50% of the UK population.

Your Xda Exec is also a tri-band GPRS mobile combined with a PDA (personal Digital assistant). The tri-band operation gives you access to GSM networks worldwide. In the UK O2's GPRS network covers 99% of the population, and you can get fast mobile data on over 100 GPRS networks abroad in over 70 countries.

Throw away all your wires - with Bluetooth™ you can wirelessly connect to phones, PCs, headsets, printers, satellite navigation systems and very much more.

Connect to the Internet at very high speeds using Wireless LAN. O2's Wireless LAN service provides you with wireless broadband Internet access at selected public locations or hotspots across the UK and beyond.

O2 offers a range of connectivity options to support secure access to your company LAN - such as a direct links to your Intranet or our Mobile Web VPN service which allows you to access your work emails and company information (held on your existing Virtual Private Network)
Ways to Connect

Enjoy the Xda Exec in your Spare Time

Music, pictures, video messaging, games, chat - think of the Xda Exec as a mobile entertainment system. You'll never have a dull moment again.