PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog-- Worst and Best Games EVER.

Shadowblind
June 5th, 2007, 05:39
Worst
Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360, PS3
So they say it brought Sonic into the next gen. Well, with THIS release, it looks like they shouldn't have. The game was terribly boring, and the storyline was BLEH! Sonic, a 4 foot blue huge headed-hedgehog, hitting it off with a human anime-style princess? O_0 A recipe for the wierd. I can't really pinpoint it, but i'm gonna have to say the only good thing about this game was that it had shadow the hedgehog in it. Even Silver was too much--what do we have now, 7 hybrid hedgehogs? They also slowed Sonic down from mach 5 to 10mph.

Sonic and the Secret rings
One word: BAD CONTROLS!
Control was what set this apart from the other sonic games, mostly, anyway. Again, Sonic has a babe as his partner (Sega really oughta give him a permanant girlfriend, either Sally or Amy) and fights in a....storybook? Yeowch. Never stopping running--something I can live without. Hes hardly even fast in this game too!

BEST GAMES
Sonic 2
Ah, a gem in its own time! Even now, as I replay the game, the only thing lacking from it was saving. Still, an amazingly fun game, nonstop speed, and I could finally play as my favorite character, Tails!(well he was my favorite till Sega turned him into a little girl.) The classic side-scroller action was perfect for Sonic in every way.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
I didn't think Sonic COULD became 3D, much less make one of my all-time favorite titles ever! the Sonic Team pulls this off so well, its not even funny. Fast paced, awesome soundtrack, nice story, and the entrance of a hedgehog that takes after my heart--Shadow! Not to mention the insane amount of extras, including Choa raising, the END story mode, boss attack, and more.

So, what were you favorite and least favorite Sonic games?

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 05:47
The first 3 for genesis. They'll always be my favorite.

SnesR0X
June 5th, 2007, 05:53
I love Sonic Adventure 2: Battle!
I actually paid like 90 dollars for it. I have no idea why it came to that total, all I remember is that I was 12, went to get it the day it came out at wal*mart, and the total was 92 :S

pibs
June 5th, 2007, 06:31
sonic 2! i remember having part one then when part 2 came out WOW! u could actually do the holding down 2 speed up thing which helped a bunch and the refreshing new levels and music haha great game

SnesR0X
June 5th, 2007, 06:33
lol, I have that for my game gear, and IMO sonic chaos was awesome as well

mastersho
June 5th, 2007, 06:43
i like Sonic 3 the best. sonic 1 was cool when it came out and 2 was kinda tame. I like Sonic CD but I tought sonic 3d blast was a joke....

bah
June 5th, 2007, 09:15
I agree with sonic 2 being the best of all time for sure.

Personally I haven't liked any of the games since the megadrive besides the GBA sonic advance titles.
Was never that much of a fan of sonic 3/sonic n knuckles when they came out either, I play them emulated on PSP occasionally but still prefer nb 2.

I wish they could have made that dam sonic rivals into a proper platform game with 2d playfield/3d gfx rather than a racing type game.

Gold Line
June 5th, 2007, 16:14
i love sonic adventure 2 battle on the game cube

Sonicboy 101
June 5th, 2007, 16:14
I love most sonic games, as the name implies. :D
but I like the mega drive and Sonic Adventure games best.
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 ROCKS!

Accordion
June 5th, 2007, 16:26
sonic rivals for psp wasnt bad, i didnt like the concept, but there are certain areas where it actually feels like a real sonic game which bring a bit of rush.

JKKDARK
June 5th, 2007, 16:27
Personally I prefer Sonic Adventure 1 for Dreamcast. Fantastic 3d game and including Chao Adventure!

mastersho
June 5th, 2007, 19:06
Well any of them are better then Shadow the hegdehog!

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 19:15
Sonic 3d blast was horrible. How the hell do you beat that game anyways?

Kaiser
June 5th, 2007, 21:21
Almost everything before 1997 was pure gold. While almost everything after that date was pure shit.

VampDude
June 5th, 2007, 21:59
Sonic JAM

The best game which came out in 1997, featuring all the best games pre-1997! :D

SnesR0X
June 5th, 2007, 22:42
I love raising Chao in Sonic Adventure 2, I had a crazy strong gold one

Gold Line
June 5th, 2007, 23:41
i liked kicking the chao's about then it turns into a bad evil chao lol

Shadowblind
June 5th, 2007, 23:45
I made mine all-powerful, the ultimate-Hero Chao ! It looked creepy as heck though....

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:35
the bes was sonic riders simpely cuz of the music, all the flips and stuff made my eyes hurt. I really can't think of anyother game that was the worst to me.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:29
SONIC JAM

Because it had

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic The Hedgehog & Knuckles

Plus an all new game

Sonic World

Which Sonic World led to all kinds of cool and interesting Sonic facts from way before 1997, including VIDEO's! :D

SnesR0X
June 6th, 2007, 05:01
vampdude, was that for saturn?

gunntims0103
June 6th, 2007, 05:06
Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast was just pure classic!

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 13:41
vampdude, was that for saturn?

Yeah, it was for Saturn...

...I'm gonna upload the SONIC video's from SonicJAM to my myspace account (I recorded directly to my DVD player/recorder from my Saturn), cause apart from the 4 Megadrive/Genesis games on the CD people just don't know why it is so great! :D

SnesR0X
June 6th, 2007, 20:27
upload it to youtube

Dull Blade
June 6th, 2007, 21:00
Sonic jam was great, One of my friends had it. I found not really much point in me having it since I already had all of them for genesis. I think you could use spin dash in Sonic 1 on sonic jam.

So my faves are: Sonic jam, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

The Hated ones are: Shuffle, Heors, riders, 3d blast, and most of the other ones too.

JKKDARK
June 6th, 2007, 23:23
Sonic Mega Collection Plus includes more classics than Sonic Jam :D

mastersho
June 6th, 2007, 23:42
Sonic Mega Collection Plus includes more classics than Sonic Jam :D

Yup its the ultimate trump card sonic game!

VampDude
June 7th, 2007, 02:12
upload it to youtube

Here you go, uploaded! (finally) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/SOOZdO94OqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/V06dl9ssp5M

Such a pity the boarders on my PAL version of SONIC JAM are big, oh well I'm not complaining! :p

SnesR0X
June 7th, 2007, 07:33
nice! some of the ads are so random XD

VampDude
June 7th, 2007, 13:06
nice! some of the ads are so random XD

That's whats so cool about them (plus they are the original Japanese ones), I think there are more on the Sonic Jam game but they need to be unlocked (cause I think I had more before)...

...Which is why I'm gonna play all the games and complete them before checking the movie (video) section again, if theres more I will upload them also :D

Vampbri-n
June 7th, 2007, 15:29
now that i think of it i think the worst game was sonic shuffle, i like the idea but the game play was kinda stupid, i like the idea of a monopoly version of sonic with all the caracters and crap i think that would be awsome.

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2007, 16:43
now that i think of it i think the worst game was sonic shuffle, i like the idea but the game play was kinda stupid, i like the idea of a monopoly version of sonic with all the caracters and crap i think that would be awsome.

Sonic shuffle was like Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals--they all were horrible games...

Vampbri-n
June 7th, 2007, 18:01
you like sonic riders? I think the music in that was amazing aswell as the racing enviroments, but the gamplay hurt my eyes and my fingers. I got this big red bump on my thumb everytime i play.

SnesR0X
June 7th, 2007, 21:06
Sonic shuffle was like Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals--they all were horrible games...

I heard that sonic rush was really good...:mad: :p

Sonicboy 101
June 7th, 2007, 21:19
I heard that sonic rush was really good...:mad: :p

It is really good.

voteforpedro36
June 8th, 2007, 01:21
Sonic 2 was probably best, 1 next, 3 after that.
I then stopped following the series (heard they're stupid now).