PDA

View Full Version : Talisman GBA 05/06/2007

wraggster
June 5th, 2007, 21:14
Heres the info:

The mission of MY WIFE ROCKS PRODUCTIONS is to convert enjoyable board games into homebrew video games. The result is highly replayable games for one or more players that reproduce the tension, strategy, and unpredictablity of their original "off the grid" counterparts. While rolling digitized dice is not often thought of as cutting edge gameplay, you may be surprised by how robust the original games are and how accessible their video versions become with just a bit of imagination.

Talisman GBA (BETA)
Travel through magical lands in search of the mystical talisman on a quest to vanquish the Dragon King and restore peace to the land. A conversion of the third edition of the amazingly detailed fantasy quest game developed by Bob Harris and produced by Games Workshop, complete with the original three expansion realms and characters. This Nintendo GBA and DS compatible version (PC compatible via VisualBoy Emulator) includes hardware save and the ability to play with up to three computer controlled players, allowing you to take the excitment of Talisman just about anywhere. A unique solo play reward feature offers unlockables, including past edition artwork and additional expansion characters originally appearing in White Dwarf magazine. Remaining issues include Player vs. Player combat, card text gfx, and some card specfic bug fixes.

Download Here (http://www.mywiferocksproductions.com/)

logicbomb.de
June 7th, 2007, 00:20
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talisman is one of my all time favorite board games and its just so cool to see someone take the time to make a GBA/DS homebrew version!!!

Personally, I've never player the 3rd edition, but I own all of the expansion sets for 2nd edition and still play it every once in a while when the ol' video games get stale.

Can't wait to try this out when I get home!

EDIT: Just saw the MYWIFEROCKS page, and was again blown away to see ESCAPE FROM THE DEATH STAR!! I've moved from house to house many times and few board games if any have survived the move but again you come through with athother 80's classic!!!

jammet
June 8th, 2007, 15:35
Um. There's nothing to download there. It says so on the site.

tr1cky
March 2nd, 2008, 09:25
I dislike making my first post a request for something not quite right but;

I would love to play this game / look at the way the code is written, can anyone help?

I have only played this game twice - once in the 80s and once last year, but I loved it (and most other board games).

I have started a few board games my self, but lack the encouragement to finish/polish them.