PDA

View Full Version : JUNK REHAB: What is a Post Whore?

Kaiser
June 5th, 2007, 21:32
A post whore is somebody who posts mostly meaningless messages consisting of one word or just emoticons. They have an unsaid ability to magically appear in any thread at any given time to add crucial arguements to the debate at hand. These said crucial arguements include ground-breaking conjectures such as "what," "oh," or a curiously little smilie who is blue, and yet neither happy nor sad.

Thus posting comments such as "I don't have a 360" in the 360 forum is entirely inexcusable unless you have some sort of a point. Only post if you have something relevant to add.

Nice! :)

Post Whoring!

**** you
Post Whoring and flaming

dslkfmalkm

self-explanatory

Thank you, your friendly Admin
Kaiser

splodger15
June 5th, 2007, 21:35
Yeh seen this alot since Junk was taken.

Gold Line
June 5th, 2007, 21:37
we want junk back :(
the forums where clean before junk was taking away

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 21:39
i want the spammers dealt with. that way no junk AND no spammer/whores lol whores..

-Xandu-
June 5th, 2007, 21:43
This should be sticked. It'll decrease spammers on this forum.

PLZKLLME0080
June 5th, 2007, 21:53
This should be sticked. It'll decrease spammers on this forum.

ya i think so too. although most of those "post whores" will ignore it.

VampDude
June 5th, 2007, 21:58
DCEmu doesn't like whores, the REP whores were dealt with a while back and now it's time to deal with all the spam whores!

S34MU5
June 5th, 2007, 22:03
Now Junk is gone and REP

I think we should have something else to keep us ammused

VampDude
June 5th, 2007, 22:13
Now Junk is gone and REP

I think we should have something else to keep us ammused

Theres still the Arcade, you could always try and beat all the games (becoming number 1) and then leave insulting messages to all the people below you that you've beat their scores...

...I know that would probably keep me ammused for a while! lol :D

S34MU5
June 5th, 2007, 22:55
Yeh, maybe a few more games in the arcade??

or a score reset? cause those points are quite high.

VampDude
June 5th, 2007, 23:04
Yeh, maybe a few more games in the arcade??

or a score reset? cause those points are quite high.

The scores aren't really that high, I'd hate to work in any videogame arcade you visit cause you'd be asking for the machines to be reset so you could get the high score! lol :rofl:

Gold Line
June 5th, 2007, 23:19
i want a new game to play :)
i'm still 3rd in frogger :(

Cloud_35
June 5th, 2007, 23:39
JUNK Rehab? :rofl: Was that some kind of drug???

S34MU5
June 5th, 2007, 23:57
Please reset the arcade scores?

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 00:08
Please reset the arcade scores?

no dont! i got on the top 10 2 times!

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:17
If junk is closed then all the whores (such as myself) are going to come here. i changed though so you don't have to worry about me.

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 00:18
well. i got an infraction for saying i didnt have an xbox.
and i know im not a "post whore" or whatever it is.
that shouldnt even be infraction worthy.

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:30
they did stuff like that to me to, iits probally because im like this close to geting baned cuz everyone hates me.

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 00:35

lol thats funny. mods must be MS fans or something..
and now back on topic to avoid angering the mods..
um my post are generally long and therefore i am not a whore. or at least not knowingly.

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:37
all this post whore crap in my opioin is ridicoules as my spelling, Ive been posting like i have in junk before i even came to the junk thread.

Tetris999
June 6th, 2007, 00:37
I cant say im TOO much of a post whore myself (but nay i have made SOME useless comments)

ANYWAY.......when people say nice! or Good Job! to someone coding something i don't consider it a spam, in fact that is encouragement for a fellow coder

seriously don't you feel better and its worth your time when some one says i love your "so and so" (and to the people who are very immature and stupid "so and so" means the program)

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 00:39
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! JUNK rehab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is hilarious!!!! oh well, at least is for the best, (i hope)

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:40
I cant say im TOO much of a post whore myself (but nay i have made SOME useless comments)

ANYWAY.......when people say nice! or Good Job! to someone coding something i don't consider it a spam, in fact that is encouragement for a fellow coder

seriously don't you feel better and its worth your time when some one says i love your "so and so" (and to the people who are very immature and stupid "so and so" means the program)

your logic counfuses me i didn't get the whle i love you part.

Tetris999
June 6th, 2007, 00:45
your logic counfuses me i didn't get the whle i love you part.

my god, i cant make it simpler than that, and any person with a brain would know what im saying.......

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:50
make it simpler then, please humor me.

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 00:56
hes basically saying that it feels good when someone says to you "good job!" "nice work" etc.

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:57
ohhhhhhh my bad, we can get back on topic now.

weirdelf
June 6th, 2007, 01:02

I agree, if people stop praising the author, they might think no-one likes their work and pack it in.

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 01:18
yeah. true but you can also say "oh!! great job man!!! its really cool!" that is not considered a spam

weirdelf
June 6th, 2007, 01:20
Yes, but you have to put more effort into it :p

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 01:20
the rules need to be better defined as far as what is spam.

weirdelf
June 6th, 2007, 01:22
Agreed.
Oops, is that spam?

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 01:25
what the hell?!?!?! i dont need to be in rehab???? bye guys lol.. enjoy and hope you guys get cured!!!!

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 01:33
your a spammer too, all your posts are stupid.

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 01:41
for your information, i am not a spammer, unlike you, you are, understood?? now shut up and stay here to be cured...
your hand and mind should be washed with water and soap

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 01:56
i'm not joking, you posted
"wow thats great hahaha!" or something like that, and thats what i call a dumb post ;)

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:12
You are all "SPAM whores" especially acn010 and GoldLine, now kiss and make up! (I know acn wants to) :rofl:

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 02:15
vamp, you know this is not a junk section anymore, its off topic..
makes me mad that people with no respect has little brain... (vampdude included)
you know what guys. screw you, i dont want to fight and get in any trouble .l..

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 02:18
i'm not fighting i'm just saying your not little miss perfect

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:19
vamp, you know this is not a junk section anymore, its off topic..
makes me mad that people with no respect has little brain... (vampdude included)
you know what guys. screw you, i dont want to fight and get in any trouble .l..

Take a joke dude, all I'm saying is to you and GoldLine to stop arguing...

...All your arguing condures up as SPAM at the end of the day, because it's a post grab for the count!

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 02:21
thanks for making this thread all emo. jerks.
calm down and get back on topic or else i'll report you all!
mwahahaha!!!

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 02:23
this thread is lame there is no topic whats the point in saying we are spam whores? thats going to do alot wont it :mad:

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:34
thanks for making this thread all emo. jerks.
calm down and get back on topic or else i'll report you all!
mwahahaha!!!

I think this whole topic went off topic ages ago, I also think that the point of this thread was to see how long it took to go off topic from the ex-JUNK now SPAM-whores!

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 02:51
this thread is lame there is no topic whats the point in saying we are spam whores? thats going to do alot wont it :mad:

yes. this is your last warning!!
you wont like me when im angry! i look like this !! :D
all GREEN!!!:eek:

i have a question. would ^that^ be considered spam? or just delightful humor?

The King
June 6th, 2007, 02:55
yea spam hores

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:59
yes. this is your last warning!!
you wont like me when im angry! i look like this !! :D
all GREEN!!!:eek:

i have a question. would ^that^ be considered spam? or just delightful humor?

Yes, you are indeed a spam whore...

...There, look your all happy now! :rofl:

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 03:15
so making a joke is spam? hmm this site is gonna be mighty boring now that jokes are considered spam...

i am very surprised this hasnt been locked yet.

steve520
June 6th, 2007, 03:18
I agree ICE_MAN jokes is what makes this site a little more fun

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:19
so making a joke is spam? hmm this site is gonna be mighty boring now that jokes are considered spam...

i am very surprised this hasnt been locked yet.

I wouldn't know if jokes are considered spam, but everything else is thou?

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 03:22
the mods needed to crack down a bit but im kinda worried that they might fo overboard and make everyone scared to post. that would not be fun.

find the balance you must ..

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:25
the mods needed to crack down a bit but im kinda worried that they might fo overboard and make everyone scared to post. that would not be fun.

find the balance you must ..

I'm scared to post, that's why I stopped posting in the JUNK section for bit quite a while back. I always watch my step, cause I don't know where my next infraction is going to be thrown from! :(

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 03:30
lol ive been banned from gamespot like 3 times now. actually im banned right now too :D

the only difference is i dont care if im banned from there but here is different. i actually like this forum.

we've had a lot of crap happen here so i guess all we can do is sit back and hope that everything turns out ok. have faith in the mods to get things straight. they kinda have to.. i mean theres nothing we can do about it ..

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:35
lol ive been banned from gamespot like 3 times now. actually im banned right now too :D

the only difference is i dont care if im banned from there but here is different. i actually like this forum.

we've had a lot of crap happen here so i guess all we can do is sit back and hope that everything turns out ok. have faith in the mods to get things straight. they kinda have to.. i mean theres nothing we can do about it ..

I've been banned from loads've sites, I've even been banned here twice...

...Which I'm trying not to get a third, because I'm not sure if a third ban is the final? Plus I like it here, even thou there are quite a few people who decide to break away from the rules and try to ruin the site for others - but they can just as easily be ignored! :D

Kaiser
June 6th, 2007, 03:58
We are going to be strict for the next while to try and knock some sense into people. I have been fairly tough lately (starting to be known as the mean admin), but its all for the good of the forums.

No that was post whoring. Why would you post in a thread about Halo 3 that you "didn't have an xbox"

What the hell does that add to the conversation? Why bother posting that at all?

the rules need to be better defined as far as what is spam.

The rules are flexible to a certain extent. But then again I did just define it in the first post of this thread. :rolleyes:

Well it was an attempt to define spamming/post whoring. I figured people would learn what their doing wrong if they were presented with information. I'm starting to think we will only accomplish this goal with hard lined moderation.

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 04:03
so short posts and just emoticons are spam?
what about making a joke?
does the joke have to contribute to the thread somehow?

EDIT: im not being a jerk. these are honest questions lol

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 04:07
somehow i feel that kaiser hates me.
its either that if i do something, he doesnt say anything at all about it.
or i do something, and he gets mad at me for something minor.

and kaiser. im not trying to start anything.
im just saying what i think.

Kaiser
June 6th, 2007, 04:08
so short posts and just emoticons are spam?
what about making a joke?
does the joke have to contribute to the thread somehow?

EDIT: im not being a jerk. these are honest questions lol

Jokes are fine from time to time. We don't want to be serious prudes every waking moment on the forums. :)

Just make sure the thread stays balanced with relevant discussion.

somehow i feel that kaiser hates me.
its either that if i do something, he doesnt say anything at all about it.
or i do something, and he gets mad at me for something minor.

and kaiser. im not trying to start anything.
im just saying what i think.

All moderation decisions are made without any sort of "grudge" or feelings. Try not to take them personally. I'm trying to change your behaviour for the better. Nothing more.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 04:50
I've seen a lot of what this thread is about within this thread, some people just don't know how to post

Shadowblind
June 6th, 2007, 05:10
I've been banned from loads've sites, I've even been banned here twice...

...Which I'm trying not to get a third, because I'm not sure if a third ban is the final? Plus I like it here, even thou there are quite a few people who decide to break away from the rules and try to ruin the site for others - but they can just as easily be ignored! :D

the only site I've ever been banned from is the KH2 forums. I swear, they cant take a joke. I guess I should've noticed that from their game...

SnesR0X
June 6th, 2007, 05:15
the only site I've ever been banned from is the KH2 forums. I swear, they cant take a joke. I guess I should've noticed that from their game...

give me a link to the site and your user name, so I can flame them for banning you

sorry for going off-topic, but I feel that should be one of our options once in a while, we are posting in off-topic, so spam aside why not? Gunns told us to get back on-topic in the m-rated game thread, even though we were discussing something purely related to the stating conversation

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 05:16
ive been banned from places.
but not for doing stupid stuff.
but for using a bugmenot account.
i got banned from bemanistyle.
but now im not, cause im not using a bugmenot account anymore.

Shadowblind
June 6th, 2007, 05:57
give me a link to the site and your user name, so I can flame them for banning you

sorry for going off-topic, but I feel that should be one of our options once in a while, we are posting in off-topic, so spam aside why not? Gunns told us to get back on-topic in the m-rated game thread, even though we were discussing something purely related to the stating conversation

Meh, it doesn;t matter, They were having "cyber orgies" there. o_0 Sad part was, most of them are under 9! Seriously, that was a creepy site...I posted a thing about dragonball Z in their off-topic forum(not exactly off-topic named, but it was like casual chat) so someone asked what was the point of me posting this, then I said I guessed someone out there would like it. After that, It read "Your account has been suspended until blahblahblah which was about 2 months from then.

I only joined to ask for KH-CoM sprites for Soras adventure. I got a HUGE amount of flame from those 9 year olds...

Mark30001
June 6th, 2007, 06:49
Meh, it doesn;t matter, They were having "cyber orgies" there. o_0 Sad part was, most of them are under 9! Seriously, that was a creepy site...I posted a thing about dragonball Z in their off-topic forum(not exactly off-topic named, but it was like casual chat) so someone asked what was the point of me posting this, then I said I guessed someone out there would like it. After that, It read "Your account has been suspended until blahblahblah which was about 2 months from then.

I only joined to ask for KH-CoM sprites for Soras adventure. I got a HUGE amount of flame from those 9 year olds...

Well just know Mark30001 says it's safe to post DragonBall Z stuff here, just as long as it's not a YouTube vid of an Ocean dub! :p

SnesR0X
June 6th, 2007, 07:18

now I REALLY want to flame them!
that's an injust reason to ban you. comon, humor me

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 11:04
I been saying this but if you lock the JUNk thread your not going to lock the spammers.. there like parasites going from thread to thread if this thread is closed they have tons of options to go spam on this site. They'll just have to breed over here until this thread is killed(locked). Thats why i think closing the JUNK thread didn't solve anything.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 13:11

I hate when sites are over run by kids, kids should stay off the internet. Cause it's their fault when they piss someone off and that person hunts them down and beats them within an inch of their life and leaves them in a dumpster in a dark (empty) alley!

splodger15
June 6th, 2007, 18:13
I could name a few spammers on this forum. I think mods should make it more serious like spam then 3 day ban simple as really that will stop it they carry on doing it then permanent

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 18:49
I been saying this but if you lock the JUNk thread your not going to lock the spammers.. there like parasites going from thread to thread if this thread is closed they have tons of options to go spam on this site. They'll just have to breed over here until this thread is killed(locked). Thats why i think closing the JUNK thread didn't solve anything.

i believe that i and 2 others predicted just that days before the closure.

however this can be fixed with some good old fashioned moding. and corporal punishment :D

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 18:51
close this thread it has no meaning

close!

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 18:53
you have no meaning!
yeah this should have been closed a while back.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 18:57
close this thread it has no meaning

close!

you have no meaning!

I was going to say that! :(

ICE
June 6th, 2007, 19:02
great minds think alike ;)

Sonicboy 101
June 6th, 2007, 19:08

Lol
Yeah kids should stay off the internet. All they do is moan.
Not me though :D

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 19:10

Yeah, well it's a possibility that everyone who see's his posts think the same :rofl:

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 19:14

you have no meaning!

Yeah, well it's a possibility that everyone who see's his posts think the same :rofl:

spam all your posts are spam stop spamming :mad:

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 19:28
spam all your posts are spam stop spamming :mad:

If you think we are spamming, please feel free to use the report button!

Mark30001
June 6th, 2007, 19:41
This is one of the problems here, backdoor moderating.

We have moderators for a reason, and don't need posts like "stop spamming" etc. Even if you may not be serious while posting such messages, others might not see it the same way. All it does is incites flaming here.

Please just use the Report Button, and we'll take care of them.

Thanks