PDA

View Full Version : M3 DS Simply on Sale!

wraggster
June 5th, 2007, 21:36
News from Divineo USA (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=dd-ds-simply)

http://www.divineo.com/divineo/images/products/dd-ds-simply-s.jpg

$5 Rebate on the M3 DS Simply all June long.

M3 DS Simply is a slot 1 device (no passcard required) from the famous producer M3 Adapter.

It uses Micro SD card for cheap and high capacity while fitting nicely in your DS/DS Lite. Its low price and strong built offers a great value!

Offer ends June 30th 2007

burrito
June 5th, 2007, 23:17
I like that a 1gb memory card for this costs only $6.59: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEZCEG/sr/ref=pd_cp_e_3/102-2409893-7009732?ie=UTF8&qid=1181081721&sr=8-9&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_r=1X6J7D2ERAMZ7K09N826&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=250314601&pf_rd_i=B000MWQI3Y

But I don't like that only 0.0000000001% of homebrew apps will work on it.

sabernet
June 5th, 2007, 23:33
I use an R4, which is effectively a M3 Simply clone, and I've had no problems running homebrew on it. Maybe 3 much older homebrews failed(those created before Slot1 cards).

just get a DLDI patcher and patch the nds file. I can currently read comics, slay wolves and look at the stars with my DS thanks to my R4. And if it works for R4, it works for M3(hell, the patch is usually called 'DLDI for M3 Simply/R4DS')

nothsa
June 6th, 2007, 00:06
WTF are you talking about, taco111? I run tons of homebrew apps and games on my M3 Simply. In fact, over 90% of my DS usage is homebrew apps. I rarely play games on the thing.

lexluthor
June 6th, 2007, 11:15
Im getting pretty sick on my damn Supercard.

Im thinking I might sell it and buy this instead.

Tegamal
June 6th, 2007, 12:50
I have the M3 Simply & my friend at work has the R4. They run pretty much anything, but the R4 does seem to get updated more.

Veskgar
June 6th, 2007, 14:42
This is good news. Does anyone have any experience shopping with Divineo? Are they a reliable place to get this from?

I thought I remember hearing some bad stuff about Divineo in the past.

zeritooverride
June 6th, 2007, 19:25
I got one from a friend when I was on the US and it runs most of my homebrew perfectly. I was going to buy one from Divineo for my lil bro but they charged too much on shipping it to Puerto Rico :( .

cartmandude14
June 6th, 2007, 20:25
i just got my m3ds simply today and it works great... i love this thing

logicbomb.de
June 7th, 2007, 00:15
I got one from a friend when I was on the US and it runs most of my homebrew perfectly. I was going to buy one from Divineo for my lil bro but they charged too much on shipping it to Puerto Rico :( .

I agree.

it's cool that it's on sale for $5 less than most places, but the cheapest shipping option to the U.S. was about $17 dollars, which more than eats up any rebate they might offer.

I ordered mine from another place and while the M3 Simply itself was 44.95, shipping was 1/3 of what Divineo wanted to charge me so it still ends up being cheaper elsewhere.

if you live somewhere else besides the states (or the western hemishere?) shipping MIGHT be cheaper for you, but don't count on it.

Dyscord
June 7th, 2007, 02:59
I might pick this up. I don't have to by a slot 2 device if I have this correct?

DanTheManMS
June 7th, 2007, 03:23
Right, the M3 Simply will function on its own. You just need to get a microSD card for it to work.

Qerppsmmnx
June 7th, 2007, 10:03
Its the BEST! Especially having a Supercard Lite! Its beautiful having 4 GB in my DS! Never had a problem with it... You people are hearing people talk about the Supercard One, as opposed to the M3 or R4

burrito
June 7th, 2007, 12:50
I can't get a SNES emulator to work on R4/M3 simply.

2jaxx
June 7th, 2007, 14:56
You need a DLDI patch and a tool to apply the patch. I Would recommend that one you will find in this forum as "neither command line nor GUI".

Tegamal
June 7th, 2007, 15:29

No, the SNES Emulators don't work well with the M3 Simply/R4DS. I hear the slot 2 cards (like the Supercard Lite) work well for this purpose.

cartmandude14
June 7th, 2007, 17:27
i got mine from modhcipstore and it was a decent price of $44.95... i kinda wish i woulda waited for this sale... but they were good about shipping... i payed standard shipping but they shipped it out a few days late so they changed the shipping to express overnight :)... i dunno how good divineo would be about US shippin cause i think they are UK based

kidloak09
June 7th, 2007, 18:02

You must not know how to work the M3 simply, I've had it for about 2 week and I've been playing Super Mario All Stars with SNEmulDS. Try updating the software on your card. Goto www.m3adapter.com the latest version is 1.5 i think

kidloak09
June 7th, 2007, 18:04
i got mine from modhcipstore and it was a decent price of $44.95... i kinda wish i woulda waited for this sale... but they were good about shipping... i payed standard shipping but they shipped it out a few days late so they changed the shipping to express overnight :)... i dunno how good divineo would be about US shippin cause i think they are UK based

I got mine from www.echostore.com and it was 39.99 plus shipping. I got it like in 3 days.

spik3yb0i
June 7th, 2007, 18:22
ebay was doing a good deal for UK buyers. 45GBP that includes the M3, 2gb micro SD and delivery. Good deal :D

DanTheManMS
June 7th, 2007, 19:26
No, the SNES Emulators don't work well with the M3 Simply/R4DS. I hear the slot 2 cards (like the Supercard Lite) work well for this purpose.

That applies only to SnezziDS. SNEmulDS should run on all devices, and it is the preferred emulator.

taco, follow the instructions at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS and be sure to patch with the R4DS DLDI patch (as the R4 is the same as the M3 Simply, and the other M3 DLDI patches are for the slot-2 M3 products only).

burrito
June 7th, 2007, 20:58
You must not know how to work the M3 simply, I've had it for about 2 week and I've been playing Super Mario All Stars with SNEmulDS. Try updating the software on your card. Goto www.m3adapter.com the latest version is 1.5 i think
I have a R4. I saw somewhere a while ago how to change a R4 into a M3 Simply, where you can use the M3 Simply firmware.
I may do this if the snes emulator will work. The game I want to work is Super Metroid. It glitches a lot on the R4 after usnig the patch.

DanTheManMS
June 7th, 2007, 21:36
The R4 to M3 Simply conversion can only be done on the very first batches of each. Anything purchased in the past few months will not have that capability.

Super Metroid runs fine in SNEmulDS, aside from the fact that it takes a second for the screen to refresh when scrolling. You might want to go into the GFX Config Menu and change the "BG3" option near the top to "on" so that the start menu is visible.

burrito
June 9th, 2007, 14:20
I ordered my R4 on January 9th, so I think I got the first batch.
In Super Metroid, the background is always messed up, and flashes for me.

nero041001
November 17th, 2007, 17:42
I have just got a ds (standard as th4e lite is too small for me) and have been thinking of getting either a M3 simply, R4, cyclo, g6 or similar.

I would like to lieten to mp3, possibly a little video as well as play nds and gba games and home brews/emulators without the need for a passcard or anything.

Which of the above would be best suited?

Thanks

tris

wiggy fuzz
November 17th, 2007, 18:25
depends on what form of storage you're into - most of them can use microSD cards, but not the new SDHC format (high capacity, 4 GB or more). ok if you have extra sd cards lying around - you might do because most memory card mobiles support it too, and even if you don't a large 2GB card shouldn't cost you more than £17, cheaper if they're bundled with the slot 1 card

others (like the g6) use internal storage, which is good in some respects as you don't have a fiddly memory card to deal with, however they are more expensive and are obviously restricted by lack of expandable memory.

if you prefer both forms of storage, then you should look at the Acekard, which utilises both microsd cards and on-board memory (accessible via a microusb port)

as far as compatibility is concerned pretty much all homebrew should work nicely with all the slot 1 solutions, many automatically patches homebrew (you can do that yourself, though)

slot 2 device compatibility ususally isn't aproblem, with the m3simply/r4 the supercard lite, ez-flash 3 in 1 and the m3 real/lite all work flawlessly, so you shouldn't be tied to using slot 2 cards from the same manufacturers

media wise, all slot 1 cards utilize moonshell, which nativley supports mp3's. but movies will have to be converted to .DPG to view them with moonshell. dsorganize also plays mp3s, as well as lick's media (music, really) player. .DPG is a very respectable format, nice quality videos, if only a little off colour on cartoons, sound wise you'll only notice any inferior quality with earphones. there is another format called .dsm which produces better quality sound and video conversions, but at a price of the converted file taking up at least 15 times moreroom than the original. also someone's developing an mp4 player (currently without sound support).

personally i own an m3simply, which is the same as the r4, but i'm looking to buy the m3 real, wich supports the SDHC format

nero041001
November 17th, 2007, 18:34
wiggy fuzz

Well Im only looking into using a 2gb micro sd not wishing to go any higher than 2gb.

So I'm guessing that the m3 would be the best choice for me?

Does that support gba homebrew/roms too? and does it support emulators that are about?

thanks for all the info

tris

wiggy fuzz
November 17th, 2007, 19:19
for gba support you'll have to invest in a slot 2 device, for the reason that currently it isn't possible to access gba featuresvia a slot 1 device and emulation would be pointless on a system that can nativly do so. same with homebrew

luckily you can find m3 simply bundles for real cheap nowadays - but price wise you'll be better off with something like the ez-flash 3 in 1 (rumble pak, ram expansion pak and loads 1 gba rom at a time on it)

emulator wise, most emulators will work best with a slot 1 device,the only exceptions are the snes emu which works better with a slot 2 device and the sega genesis one, same reason (there are slot 1 versions around, but the slot 2's work better)

you have to note, though, that most slot 2 devices will only fit the ds lite, and only the older ones fit the fat ds - though i'm pretty sure if you have an old gba cartlying around you can transplant the innards into it

sorry for the long posts, it's in my nature to give as much detail as possible

diggert
November 17th, 2007, 19:44
hi folks can anybody advise the best place to order a dssimply for the ds lite i did order one from modchipstore over 3 weeks ago and my card has not been debited and the item has not appeared either i have sent two emails without any reply and now need to buy from somewhere else so any advice would be apreciated.

nero041001
November 17th, 2007, 19:44
again thank for all the advice. mines an old chunky ds, better for my hands I think

I think it would be the m3 simply I'll go for, just gotta find somewhere with stock now :(

tris

nero041001
November 18th, 2007, 10:04
So I presume the nes, mastersystem etc.... emulators are ok with a slot 1 device?

SO are the snes and genesis slower on a slot 1 device then?

I know I decided on the m3 simply, but the real is looking quite good but some sites say that it wont work on a normal ds, just on a ds lite?
Confusing

MAybe an R4 would be a better choice? (would that be as good?)

tris

wiggy fuzz
November 18th, 2007, 17:04
the real's slot 2 devices won't work on an original ds - purely because they only fit the lite

go for the real :D

nowadays it's hard to find slot 2 devices for the original ds, like i said, you could try and transplant an old gba cartridge and see if it fits... but it's kinda of a gamble

http://supercardstore.com/ - that's what they'd look like, they haven't been updates in a while

nero041001
November 18th, 2007, 20:10
the real's slot 2 devices won't work on an original ds - purely because they only fit the lite

go for the real :D

nowadays it's hard to find slot 2 devices for the original ds, like i said, you could try and transplant an old gba cartridge and see if it fits... but it's kinda of a gamble

http://supercardstore.com/ - that's what they'd look like, they haven't been updates in a while

Thank you very much for your help and advice :thumbup:

I'm not sure who to buy one off yet out of super card and model gadget, but I think I'll go for the R4DS

If theres anything else I should consider please let me know

tris