PDA

View Full Version : Give your opinion about your Playstation2, Xbox, or Gamecube

yoyoyo1
June 5th, 2007, 22:13
Do you think Nintendo is the best, or you wish you’d never bought that shitty gamecube? Playstation rules, or Playstation sucks? Xbox is the best console but the games are worthless?
Give your opinion in my thesis research and u can win 50 Euro. It takes about 7 minutes to fill in the questionnaire. You can participate if you own a Xbox, Gamecube, or Playstation2.

To go to the questionnaire copy/paste the following link in your web browser:
http://www11.fdewb.unimaas.nl/nq.cfm?q=bf260ae5-f20f-6efd-f2de-d6d289b8b7ff

Thanks and good luck,
Hari Ummels

(ow yeah some people reminded me that the current generation is outdated, but since there are no new consoles know to date yet, I call PS3, Xbox360, and Wii next-gen consoles)

VampDude
June 5th, 2007, 22:16
JUNK...

...Oh wait, there's now no JUNK section. Questionnaires suck thou!

yoyoyo1
June 5th, 2007, 22:24
not junk it my research and you dont have 2 fill it in if u dont like it

S34MU5
June 5th, 2007, 22:34
I don't think it should be JUNK.

PS2 is a great console in my opinion, a lot of great games. Good graphics and features, like DVD player.

Gamecube was good with many good games but alot were childish. My favourite game for it is MGS:Twin Snakes. No DVD player though :S

Xbox had probably the best graphics, and a enough good games, classics like halo etc. DVD player needed you to buy the remote, but it had other features like the HDD.

I did end up only owning a PS2, but I played they other consoles to the bone aswel.

SnesR0X
June 5th, 2007, 22:37
All of them had great games, and good features. The ps2 had a huge Library of games that kept pumping out, while the Gamecube and Xbox had some great but not as many. I have all three, but I play the Ps2 and Gamecube much more than I did with my (origional) xbox

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 00:31
the question thing is being retarded.

it says this

1. Which brand of game console do you currently own?
Microsoft (Xbox)
Nintendo (Gamecube)
Sony (Playstation 2)
You can select a maximum of 1 options.

then the next question says.

If you indicated in the previous question that you own more than one type of game console (e.g. Nintendo Gamecube and Microsoft Xbox), please answer the following question.

People who own 1 type of game console do NOT have to answer this question.

what the hell.

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:45
the gamecube was for portablity thats why its easuer to take around.

JKKDARK
June 6th, 2007, 00:46
PlayStation 2 is the best of the 3 systems. A big library of games, plus getting compilation games!

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 00:48
the only games i liked was Shadow of the colossus, and god of war 1-2. either then that everything was boring.

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 02:14
well i remember playing my gamecube much more than my ps2 or xbox, i dont know why but i never got into my xbox games i would say gamecube started out as the best but as more games like gta san andreas and kingdom hearts came out the ps2 won hands down

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:17
I played my Dreamcast more than I played my PS2 and GameCube, the Dreamcast has been forgotten!

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 02:21
sega could not keep up with the n64 and ps1 so the dreamcast and sega died :(

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:41
sega could not keep up with the n64 and ps1 so the dreamcast and sega died :(

SEGA and the Dreamcast only died because it was too far ahead of it's time and the only titles that were being released were poorly ported PS1 games, if the Dreamcast was released in late 2000 early 2001 I reckon that it would've survived the 128bit generation of home videogame entertainment - rather than having 32bit crap ported very poorly and not being able to show it's full potential

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 02:44
if they were ahead of their times.
then they would be extremely popular now and stuff would be posted about them everywhere.
and it would be what everyone was talking about.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 02:54
if they were ahead of their times.
then they would be extremely popular now and stuff would be posted about them everywhere.
and it would be what everyone was talking about.

It wasn't popular due to cheapass SONY fanboy developers who couldn't port games properly, plus it came out a whole year and a half before the next 128bit machine (PS2). And just after the PS2 and Dreamcast had some good 128bit support, the Xbox and GameCube were released...

...Which everyone knows that there isn't much room for 4 consoles in the current gaming market, and the oldest took the plunge as the newer machines became ever popular as game developers started releasing "Exclusives" to certain consoles where the Dreamcast had a catalogue of 32bit games ported from the PS2 that even the Saturn could handle. The Dreamcast was bought out at the worst possible time!

kcajblue
June 6th, 2007, 02:59
but if they were really popular.
they still would be selling them.
they could have been making consoles like the dreamcast 3.

Welshboy
June 6th, 2007, 03:02
It wasn't popular because the controller was crap and vmu unit was stupid.........and of course piracy. I have a Dreamcast, PS2 & Gamecube. I honestly don't see why everyone pretends to like to DC.........I don't get it? I love emulation, always have done but it's different for the PSP......it's portable of course, there's nothing my DC could do that my PC couldn't do better (than play DC games of course). Even power stone is far more enjoyable on the PSP.

Back to the topic..........PS2 all the way I'm afraid, it was the console that made my teenage years, As I hope the PS3 when I get one will make my early twenties!!!! :-D

JKKDARK
June 6th, 2007, 03:03
SEGA and the Dreamcast only died because it was too far ahead of it's time and the only titles that were being released were poorly ported PS1 games

And you forgot Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally 2, Space Channel 5, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Seaman, F355 Challenge.
These titles weren't ports and were relased in 1999.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:07
but if they were really popular.
they still would be selling them.
they could have been making consoles like the dreamcast 3.

SEGA never put numbers on their consoles and give them the same name, unless it's another build of the same console...

...Dreamcast is actually quite popular, ask JKK or anyone that knows a thing or two about SEGA. A boxed Dreamcast with Shenmue and ShenmueII could sell for upwards of £150 (and more) on eBay, that is actually a lot for a 8 year old games console with 2 games - more than what a PS2 with at least 20 games would fetch!

And you forgot Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally 2, Space Channel 5, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Seaman, F355 Challenge.
These titles weren't ports and were relased in 1999.

Woah, I was replying when you posted that...

...And no I didn't forget about them titles, mostly all of them games later appeared on PS2 GameCube and Xbox (because SEGA was ahead of it's time) :(

Welshboy
June 6th, 2007, 03:16
Only because there are less Dreamcasts and available games to go with it in the world VampDude.........Supply & Demand = simple economics

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 03:21
Only because there are less Dreamcasts and available games to go with it in the world VampDude.........Supply & Demand = simple economics

Even so, the Dreamcast is an awesome machine!

so why dont sega make another console! they might have better luck this time well the will beat the ps3 no prob

Because they make more money selling games for quantity rather than quality like they used to! :(

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 03:21
so why dont sega make another console! they might have better luck this time.
well they can beat the ps3 sales no prob.

Vampbri-n
June 6th, 2007, 11:20
i thought sega co-existed with nintendo, then it just seems to switchs side.

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 12:17
i thought sega co-existed with nintendo, then it just seems to switchs side.

No...

...Which if what you said on another thread before was true (below) you would know, SEGA are their own company and always have been!

im working for nintendo, so in a way im not growing up which is awsome.

Lies then (above), cause you don't work for Nintendo like you said!

JKKDARK
June 6th, 2007, 13:54
SEGA are their own company and always have been!

No, it's from Sammy

steve520
June 6th, 2007, 14:58
I think the PS2 was the best they did a really good job thinking of new games and using old games from the playstation and making them better on the PS2.

yoyoyo1
June 6th, 2007, 15:24
that question was retarded indeed, the setting was wrong, allowed only 1 response -.-.

Thnx for pointing that out 2 me, it should be fixed now :)

yoyoyo1
June 6th, 2007, 16:34
thnx 4 pointing that out, it should be fixed now:)

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 17:10
No, it's from Sammy

SEGA are now from SAMMY, but SEGA use their own name - thou merged and whatnot

From Wikipedia
On March 7, 2005, Sammy Studios, Inc. broke away from Sammy and renamed itself High Moon Studios.

Unlike other companies with combined names (Square Enix or Namco Bandai), this combined company continues to use its respective brand names (Sega and Sammy) separately

S34MU5
June 6th, 2007, 17:28
the gamecube was for portablity thats why its easuer to take around.

PS2 Slimline?

well they can beat the ps3 sales no prob.

haha I don't think so. No doubt it would be the Wiis graphical capabilitys

VampDude
June 6th, 2007, 19:24
PS2 Slimline?

GameCube has a handle, or at least I think it's a handle??? lol

So GameCube is portable

SnesR0X
June 6th, 2007, 20:24
if you shelled one out you could turn it into a lunch-box!
Gamecube was the only system I ever got on launch day ;)

Vampbri-n
June 7th, 2007, 15:43
yeah vampdude your right but you see i have a carrying case cuz i would have nowhere to hold the cords and crap. I think gamecube is more resilant, that is you could be like me and through it at your sister and watch it go out the window and still play it and live to tell the tale. (True story)LOL!@!?@

SnesR0X
June 7th, 2007, 21:11
I smashed my first gamecube when it stopped working, with my hammer.

Also vampbri-n, what grade are you in? I have yet to see a post from you without horrible spelling.

Vampbri-n
June 8th, 2007, 10:59
10th, but my typing skills are horrible, i'll try and read what i wrote before i'll post so everyone dosn't get a headache. By horrible i mean i type to fast and i hit a bunch of wrong keys.
By the way snesROX did your gamecube die after your went hammer bro on it?

SnesR0X
June 9th, 2007, 08:08
Well, I said WHEN my Gamecube died I smashed it, so yes it was definitely dead after :p

Vampbri-n
June 9th, 2007, 10:12
oh my bad i didn't take the time to read it.

VampDude
June 15th, 2007, 23:44
Please, there's no need to create duplicate threads:
http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65413

I don't know why people create duplicate threads, it's annoying as hell...

...Oh well, here's the original (and useless thread)

Vampbri-n
June 15th, 2007, 23:48
why does he want people to be on that site so bad?

VampDude
June 15th, 2007, 23:52
why does he want people to be on that site so bad?

Because he has no friends? (just a guess) :rofl:

Vampbri-n
June 15th, 2007, 23:54
oh ok, hey my gamecube brook(don't ask) so im going to try the lunch box idea. Vampdude why does it always say your offline?

VampDude
June 15th, 2007, 23:57
oh ok, hey my gamecube brook(don't ask) so im going to try the lunch box idea. Vampdude why does it always say your offline?

My GameCube is a trendy door stop (thou it works), my status always say's I'm offline cause I changed the settings in my UCP to say I'm offline! lol :D

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 00:00
cheater now i never know if your online now(I feel extinct)......

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 00:11
I'm looking to somehow hack my gamecube in some way. (Portable DVD player perhaps?)

With my wii, I don't need it anymore.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 00:16
cheater now i never know if your online now(I feel extinct)......

You are extinct (well soon anyway), I on the other hand am the cunning one who remains hidden and stalking my prey (in the shadows) whilst you are openly on display to all! lmao :D

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 00:26
Wii=Crap
360=Good

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 00:28
You are extinct (well soon anyway), I on the other hand am the cunning one who remains hidden and stalking my prey (in the shadows) whilst you are openly on display to all! lmao :D

were of the same breed you still can't acceapt the fact that there is another Vampire on DCEMU. I still can't spell and use porper grammer.:rofl:

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 00:32
were of the same breed you still can't acceapt the fact that there is another Vampire on DCEMU. I still can't spell and use porper grammer.:rofl:

Name your specific breed!

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 00:33
Name your specific breed!

Lmfao! :D

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 00:35
oh crap now JKKDARK is going to report us everyone run.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 00:50
oh crap now JKKDARK is going to report us everyone run.

Ummmmm, with post's like that JKK will report you. JKK has done nothing to you so leave him alone!

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 00:51
i joking with him/her we are the people who'll bring back JUNK.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 00:53
i joking with him/her we are the people who'll bring back JUNK.

JUNK is gone, why won't you except it?

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 00:56
as soon as u except that im a vampire. now do we see each other now.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 00:59
as soon as u except that im a vampire. now do we see each other now.

Uhhhhh, NO!

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 01:02
looks like this goes on then you can never make things simple can u? a well more usless fighting

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 01:17
looks like this goes on then you can never make things simple can u? a well more usless fighting

Who's fighting? Your just being dumb!

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 01:21
both us because we can't acceapt anything hahhah its actually quite funny when you think why are we breathing

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 01:29
both us because we can't acceapt anything hahhah its actually quite funny when you think why are we breathing

I'm not breathing, I haven't breathed for 341 years...

...I have forgotten what it is like to breathe, and to be alive.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 01:31
(pats on the back) hey im older then you im 632.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 01:33
(pats on the back) hey im older then you im 632.

So tell me all about 1374 then!

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 01:35
im a vampire but i not a genuios, do you think i can remeber that long. good bye i hungry and so is my girlfriend. you may join us if you like.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 01:39
im a vampire but i not a genuios, do you think i can remeber that long. good bye i hungry and so is my girlfriend. you may join us if you like.

No thank you, I just feasted on my neighbors dog...

...And quite tasty that was too!

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 11:01
we lose more dogs that way, haha screw animal control.lol

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 11:15
Gamecube was underrated.

You "vampires" will bow down to the eternal dark, for I am the one and only true vampire here. Just hope that I allow you to still be around when I bring the darkness to end the light, to feast on the souls and blood of the weak.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 11:36
were did he come from, u sound powerful but i don't know you, Vampdude who is this guy?

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 11:37
I've been around for quite some time.

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name...."

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 12:41
i like the idea but the light is needed as well, to keep blance so we don't destory are selfs.

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 13:36
The brighter the light, the darker the dark. Good idea.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 13:46
glad you agree.

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 13:52
It makes sense, but the dark is better.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 13:55
i wasn't saying the light is good, it not my greastest enemy i just hate it! but we all have to live with this crap, this was determined with the opening of pandoras box

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 14:07
It could have been put to better use, though. Light isn't all that bad, it brings the prettys out.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 14:09
yes heheh yes it does....

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 14:23
And their little bikinis.... So tasty.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 14:49
omg. i can't look at women anymore cuz my girl is scary when shes mad.

gdf
June 16th, 2007, 16:32
hey the_eternal_dark, haven't seen you for a while!

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 16:38
I know, school has been kicking my ass. What have you been up to?

gdf
June 16th, 2007, 16:47
sweet **** all.

plus applying for a small job and buying a giutar, woooo!!!

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 17:00
Cool, I just signed on with the Geeksquad here in town at Best Buy. I'm stoked.

The programming classes were easy enough, the hard part was going back to school for the other classes. Lol.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 21:44
schools over for me so i will be posting a lot.

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 23:32
schools over for me so i will be posting a lot.

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 23:35
everybody run Vampbri-n will destroy your threads

kcajblue
June 16th, 2007, 23:44
why are you spamming.
this isnt junk. and there isnt going to be one.
stay on topic.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 23:49
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

like this wasn't?:mad:

maxipower90
July 4th, 2007, 23:40
PS2 was a great machine but i hated the controller, the right analouge stick aint in the right place, thats one badly designed controller, and a reason i didnt buy a PS3 among others, the Game cube is the best controller

VampDude
July 5th, 2007, 03:13
PS2 was a great machine but i hated the controller, the right analouge stick aint in the right place, thats one badly designed controller, and a reason i didnt buy a PS3 among others, the Game cube is the best controller

Talk about being totally random, the analogue sticks on the DualShock pad are in the perfect place. The analogue stick on the GameCube controller is ok but the C-analogue is the worst of the two, it should've been buttons like on the N64 pad

JKKDARK
July 5th, 2007, 03:19

lol it means you never played games like Unreal or Quake, right? :rolleyes:

VampDude
July 5th, 2007, 04:15
lol it means you never played games like Unreal or Quake, right? :rolleyes:

The PC versions are better than the console versions of Unreal and Quake, Quake was cool on the Dreamcast thou (Quake3Arena) :)

JKKDARK
July 5th, 2007, 04:19
The PC versions are better than the console versions of Unreal and Quake, Quake was cool on the Dreamcast thou (Quake3Arena) :)

We are talking about consoles, and personally the DualShock pads are the best for FPS ;)

VampDude
July 5th, 2007, 04:46
We are talking about consoles, and personally the DualShock pads are the best for FPS ;)

I know, but I prefer the PC versions thou. The DualShock is good for FPS mainly because the 2 analogue sticks provide movement from two perspectives of moving and aiming, DualShock is good on other game types aswell :)

Balthasar00
July 5th, 2007, 06:13

Sad but true. Ps1/2 pad are good for rpg, fighting and racing. Forget FPS. Thumb sticks position is too high, cheap rubber surface and should at least be in curved like n64 stick were... wich don't give a good grip. They simply added 2 joysticks on a pad that wasn't designed for that in the first place. Overall best game pad for shooters was N64 Pad. The xbox v1/360 support keyboard/mouse and so far, there's nothing close to match that combination.

The DualShock is good for FPS mainly because the 2 analogue sticks provide movement from two perspectives of moving and aiming

DualShock is barely able to do so as easily as N64 Pad can. Strafe right/left up/down with right thumb with C-buttons and simultaneously aiming/shooting with left hand with z-button and joystick in the middle. Easy to handle, fast and natural.

bah
July 5th, 2007, 08:06
I love my Xbox, but only really for XBMC and a HDD full of emulators :)

PCs with a mouse and keyboard is by far and away the best setup for FPS games.

I know many people seem to prefer a dual analogue stick controller as its what they are used to (as I am used to a PC) but it is just not as responsive when aiming is critical.

Try to use a high res GUI like windows quickly and easily if you replaced your mouse with a joypad and it all makes sense.
You could set it fast so you can move around quickly and zoom past what you want, or slow and do everything slowly with better accuracy.
'Up, up, left, no no, down a bit, oops too far'

A mouse works with your hand eye co-ordination really well when you want to move a pointer to something and click it (move a crosshair to a head and click is really the same thing). You can move it in a wide range of speeds, can have mouse acceleration enabled etc. Move it quickly to get near the icon then slow down for fine aim in 1 movement without thinking about it (a full 360 spin and a fine degree of accuracy in 1 setup).

An analogue (they're really digital with steps) joypad only has so many usable steps in its range each way and setting the sensitivity to a range that makes turning quickly easy almost always costs you accuracy due to it. Why do you think most console games have some degree of auto aim?

For other game types where aiming isn't as critical (GTA with its auto-aim, driving games etc) I can see how its nicer to sit on a couch in front of a TV where a mouse/KB isn't practical.
When aiming counts and the control scheme isn't built around a joypad (automating some portion of aiming/movement) then a mouse is going to give you and advantage.

I even got the mouse adapter/hack for my XBOX, but as its just emulating the analogue stick its still has its limitations and doesn't feel right. :(

VampDude
July 7th, 2007, 01:06
DualShock is barely able to do so as easily as N64 Pad can. Strafe right/left up/down with right thumb with C-buttons and simultaneously aiming/shooting with left hand with z-button and joystick in the middle. Easy to handle, fast and natural.

Sadly C-buttons are pointlessly placed on the N64 pad, on the Virtual Console (Wii) the Classic Controller takes care of that problem quite easily by making the controller more like a combination between a SNES pad and DualShock (but without rumble). The right analogue takes place of the C-buttons making games like LylatWars/StarFox64 easier to control (but sadly no rumble feature), but with the Classic Controller you can play NES, SNES, N64, MegaDrive and Turbografx aswell as a few Wii titles...

...So the Wii's Classic Controller wins! :D