PDA

View Full Version : Customize your PSP XMB without flashing!

evolve
June 5th, 2007, 23:28
[via EvolveXMB (www.evolvexmb.com)]

This is a plugin which can customize your XMB without flashing

ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/visualizer_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/gameboot.pmf
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/opening_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/01-12.bmp
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/game_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/impose_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/photo_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/msvideo_main_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/system_plugin_bg.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/system_plugin_fg.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/system_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/sysconf_plugin.rco
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/topmenu_plugin.rco

ms0:/TM/font/ltn0.pgf

Download Plugin (http://evolvexmb.com/Main/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=320&forum=19)

ICE
June 5th, 2007, 23:31
cool idea. enjoy noobs! lol

ZeakStarwind
June 5th, 2007, 23:38
Enjoy XMB customization without flashing!? This can definately help out those who rather use their Memorystick and keep their psp safe from flashing at all, but one question though. Wouldn't these files only work on certain PSP firmwares? Cause you'd have to be careful not using a different firmware XMB over another different version.

eatnooM
June 5th, 2007, 23:39
This is a nice plugin. Saves using devhook! ^^ Shame my flash is already a mess and just a bit lacking on the front of backups.

evolve
June 5th, 2007, 23:41
Saves me from flashing my PSP everytime I'm creating/working on a new theme :p
It's a good plugin indeed.. thanks to the original author!

acn010
June 5th, 2007, 23:41
h aha ha , xmb for noobs like my cousin :D
it s great

DragonPimpsta
June 5th, 2007, 23:49
sounds like a good idea.. Does this mean you can have a background image thats alot bigger since u dont have the file size limit? Or longer coldboot sounds or something?

gunntims0103
June 6th, 2007, 00:41
This is great stuff, this will definitely save me from flashing every time i want to change my theme :)

EL_MASTER
June 6th, 2007, 01:53
hi every1, jst passing around to do a question, how can i install this into my psp with the version 3.50 or how to download any version and installing into my psp.....................

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 02:10
hi every1, jst passing around to do a question, how can i install this into my psp with the version 3.50 or how to download any version and installing into my psp.....................

you cant, the retardance of updating was so wrong, you shouln't do it... you can hack your psp or use homebrew, sorry man :o

jmendes
June 6th, 2007, 02:10
cool!!! works in any OE?

acn010
June 6th, 2007, 02:11
upgrade to 3.40OE.
and you'll see

cptwaggawagga
June 6th, 2007, 02:36
now i can teach my friends and easyier way to change xmb's

Chronicle_Chaos
June 6th, 2007, 02:47
so by changing the location from the flash to the memory stick...does it remove the limit from how large the files can be...or does it still depend on how much space is left in the flash ?

parkermauney
June 6th, 2007, 02:54
Does this lag at all?

Solidsnake3000
June 6th, 2007, 03:04
nice but i wont need it

steve520
June 6th, 2007, 03:07
Well at least it will save noobs from screwing up and bricking on XMB's. Good work.

Heero808
June 6th, 2007, 03:43
YES I gona start using custom xmbs now

DarthPaul
June 6th, 2007, 03:54
Well this is something I never thought was possible..

mikebeaver
June 6th, 2007, 03:57
looks like a good little PRX, i will try it out when i get back to England, im never sober enough to mess with my psp, plus it says that if you have it running and then turn it off, if you take out the memory stick and turn it back on you may get the BSOD, so i would rather wait and flash it when i get home.
But props for the good work, nice one mate.
Mike...

double_d
June 6th, 2007, 04:27
So this isn't in any way shape or form capable of bricking is it?
Just bricked my PSP the other day, and replaced it, and took a vow with myself not to mod beyond what is necessary.
But if this is 100% safe, which, I'm assuming it is because when the memory stick is in,
the PSP loads with the custom XMB, but if it isn't in there, it loads up the default XMB fine for me.

If I get a bad file, and it blue screens, should I just be able to remove the MS, and delete / replace it later?

mfz64
June 6th, 2007, 06:13
wow..never thought that would be possible...

NovaKane
June 6th, 2007, 07:29
Is this 100% safe? If so, I'll start using customizing my XMB as well. So many interesting themes to choose from. Good stuff!

Veskgar
June 6th, 2007, 07:37

Definitely a big mistake updating to official SONY firmware. Especially 3.50.

Anyway, its nice to see a non-flash option for custom themes. I don't like to mess with the flash however harmless it may be. So this may get me to try out themes that I might not otherwise have ever bothered to try.

Very cool plugin!

double_d
June 6th, 2007, 07:45
Don't believe that "harmless" stuff you hear about flash. For the most part yes, but I've bricked a PSP doing it, and it was doing something I've done successfully a few times.
But as far as I can tell, this is 100% harmless. As if something does go terribly wrong, your flash is untouched. You simply remove the memory stick, and you have your default XMB back. Or at least thats how it's working for me as a OE plugin.
It's quite nice really.

KuLeD00d
June 6th, 2007, 10:19
Even though I can simply do this through USB, and did have it done that way. It's nicer to have the files on memorystick and only modify those. The less writing you do to the flash, the better.

onetwentyeight
June 6th, 2007, 13:11
yes, using this plugin is slower since it has to be loaded and then your custom xmb will load. the bootup sequence has returned for some reason (i usually turn it off to boot directly into the xmb). i'm sticking to flash0 for permanent xmb changes, but for testing and previewing, this plugin is excellent.

jmendes
June 6th, 2007, 18:12
Been using this for 2 days, works great, nice job!

bahgee
June 6th, 2007, 18:57
I have 3 questions. Hopefully someone can help me out:

Which directory do you put the vsh.txt file?
Which directory do you put the CXMB.prx file?
How do you return to the default PSP XMB after installing this plug-in?

Sonicboy 101
June 6th, 2007, 19:18
You must be the XMB god. :D

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 19:27
no he is the xmb god :rofl:

Sonicboy 101
June 6th, 2007, 20:11
no he is the xmb god :rofl:

lol I was talking to evolve.
:rolleyes:

m0dm0use
June 6th, 2007, 21:29
Is this safe to use on TA-082? unlike that flashing which may cause brick, which happened to my 1st Japanese 1.50 now using TA-082 :(

deepakcg
June 9th, 2007, 17:35
so i just need to download this plugin & install it in my memory root...my psp FW is3.03OEC

Q8iGunner
June 11th, 2007, 00:10
Can SomeOne Please Have A Simple Guide To Help Me Install This?
For Instance:

What FW Is Required To Use This Plug-IN?

How Do I Flash The Plug-IN? (In Simple Steps If There IS)!

Can I Use Any Theme? Even If It Was Built For An Older FW?

And Really Does It Slow My PSP?

Thanks For Ur Help And Thanks For The Creator :)