PDA

View Full Version : MapThis! ver. 0499 on FW 3.40, 3.30 USB drivers, PSP-290, in Syd Australia

Leake
June 6th, 2007, 12:56
Just a quickie to say thanks for all your work Deniska, I've set this up over the last 2 days and it's outstanding.

For anyone having probs - I can tell you this combination (see Title above) of software works running in Kernel 1.50 mode with the MapThis software in the GAME340 foler. Also, the Wiki http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Firmware_.26_GPS_Compatibility helped me alot. So did the instructional videos and other forum member posts, especially as I got stuck at certain points.

I love it, you're a genius.

gjuny
June 6th, 2007, 14:42
Could you please explain a little bit better what you've done?

You are using MapThis! Ver. 0.499 on the 3.40 OE-A Kernel right? What GPS receiver are you using? If you are using the PSP-290 GPS unit, which USB drivers are you using?

I think that will be good information for everyone.

Thanks!

Leake
June 12th, 2007, 09:13
Hi gjuny,

sure mate. I've udpate my post above to provide more details. I'm in Sydney Australia, and got a fix on 3-6 sats in my back yard which is in a valley and surrounded by buildings and hillside - so I'm surprised I got a fix at all.

Is there anything specific that you wanted to know?

gjuny
June 12th, 2007, 09:44
Hi gjuny,

sure mate. I've udpate my post above to provide more details. I'm in Sydney Australia, and got a fix on 3-6 sats in my back yard which is in a valley and surrounded by buildings and hillside - so I'm surprised I got a fix at all.

Is there anything specific that you wanted to know?

Hey Leake,

Thanks for the response. I think we are using pretty much the same setup. I'm in Brazil (therefore I'm also in the southern hemisphere :D ) and my PSP-290 arrived yesterday. Today I went for a quick drive, but i couldn't get any satalite fixed. I'm going to try more later.

How long did your PSP-290 took to fix on the satelites?

Thanks!

Leake
June 12th, 2007, 16:03
Maybe I've just been lucky, but it's been fixing to at least 3 sat's in under a minute. Had 6 today.

Let me try it for a bit longer, and I'll let you know. I can tell you that it seemed to fix quickly by angleing the PSP-290 sideways (parallel to ground) and lost the fix when I pointed it straight up.

loki192
June 14th, 2007, 12:22
Hey Leake,

Does it ever lock up on you? especially when zooming?

riceboi
June 14th, 2007, 13:10
Hey Leake,

Does it ever lock up on you? especially when zooming?

mine locks from time to time... :)

Leake
June 15th, 2007, 07:09
Hi loki192,

yeah it does. Most of the time it's fine, but sometimes it locks up alot. The other day it lcoked up about 4 times in a row as I loaded the map.

I can deal with it though because I'm sure it will get more reliable as the guys work on it, and it's cheap!

bigdirtyjase
August 1st, 2007, 06:33
Yeah mine locks up as well. from reading other posts. it seems it will lock up more if you have a large map download (I've got a map of Melbourne which is around 1gb and it locks up when you zoom in alot). But i'm going to start again as Google has finally updated the Melbourne Maps (it had the Tullamarine freeway in the old configuration - which when i go to navigate to my friends place it would make me go through a part of the Tullamarine freeway which doesn't exist anymore LOL)

liujialiu
August 1st, 2007, 12:09
hi Leake,
i am very happy to see your forum. i am in Sydney. I got my gps 290 one weeks now, but i cannot get anything. i can not run it. i download mapthis0.499 in my computer and copy the files to my psp in psp/game310/mapviewer/usbgps.prx
usbacc.prx
EBOOT.PBP
system/maps

this is my file in psp

i followed with the instruction and i copy the maps file from my friend's car navigator software (which is a CD )which brand is navman.
but when i plug on my gps and turn on psp power there is nothing change, nothing different from before i install the mapthis and gps.

please help me!! i do not know what is going on , i am eagerly to use my psp as car navigator. and by th way how did you get the australia maps??
i will really appreciate your if you can help me to run my gps on psp.\
thank you very much!! waiting for your response. will check out tommorow, thankyou!!!