PDA

View Full Version : Custom XMB Plugin v1.02

wraggster
June 6th, 2007, 17:21
poisonhzkj (http://www.2alien.info/2007/06/cxmb.html) has released the following in his words:

Here is a plugin for CFW, It cant be easier to customize your XMB with this plugin in your system, It makes no change to your system files in Flash0, It just redirect the resource file path to ms0: by Hooking some funtions and doing some memory patch.
so, you know, It's always safe, you never have to take the risk of bricking your PSP in customizing XMB.
It is a part of SCEP project ,so a XMB theme controller would be brought into SCX...this module would be the core of that.

CXMB 1.02 contains Calabi Spheres XMB Icons theme

How to Install:

Active it as the first plugin in vsh.txt.(or you can just flash it into flash0:/kn and add /kd/cxmb.prx after /kd/vshctrl.prx in flash0:/kn/pspbtcnf.txt)

How to Use:
Create a Folder ms0:/TM/ and put your resource files there like this
ms0:/TM/vsh/resource/ contains 1-all or none of these files
"visualizer_plugin.rco",
"gameboot.pmf",
"opening_plugin.rco",
"01-12.bmp",
"game_plugin.rco",
"impose_plugin.rco",
"photo_plugin.rco",
"msvideo_main_plugin.rco",
"system_plugin_bg.rco",
"system_plugin_fg.rco",
"system_plugin.rco",
"sysconf_plugin.rco",
"topmenu_plugin.rco"
ms0:/TM/font/ contains at least the first 6 or none of these 19 files
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn0.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn4.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn10.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/gb3s1518.bwfon",
"ms0:/TM/font/kr0.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/jpn0.pgf"
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn1.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn2.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn3.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn5.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn6.pgf",
"ms0:/TM/font/ltn15.pgf"
and it works...

Attention:
if you just use it as a OE plugin,and you shut down your PSP in game mode then start it without your memory stick inserted.. you will get a BSOD. if you got BSOD.. you can shut down PSP and insert your memoryStick then reboot, or just press O to fix your registry. Anyway, if you flash it into flash0, there is no this kind of problem.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Bobtentpeg
June 6th, 2007, 17:58
Cool, I tried out the otehr one,

works best if you flash it

DragonPimpsta
June 6th, 2007, 18:07
wasnt this already posted like 4 posts ago? just with less introduction and words

oh sorry, didnt notice this is version .02 with updates :D

Lukeson
June 6th, 2007, 18:27
Does this plugin slow down your PSP in any way?

shedeus
June 6th, 2007, 18:59
nope. only a slight lag on bootup to load opening rco (possibly)

DarthPaul
June 6th, 2007, 21:11
Wow,having this in SCEP would be awesome.

tophead420
June 6th, 2007, 21:16
Wow,having this in SCEP would be awesome.

Indeed. I say the next release of SCEP will have this. I'm using this plugin myself, and I guess I need to use this updated version.

Nfo
June 6th, 2007, 21:58
I'm not sure if it's the same thing if you flash it, or if it's just general behaviour for custom XMB's - But if you use it as a plugin in vsh.txt, you will get a white background, rendering your icons invisible - Switching on wallpapers in the XMB will solve this. I still failed to launch any homebrew however, as the plugin seemingly mixed the original PSP-logo with the modified one, and chrashed the psp.
I'm on 3.03 oe.
Great plugin though. I'm rather cautious with the flash and this is a great alternative for people like me :)

pt9087
June 6th, 2007, 23:02
Great plugin! will help people to STOP bricking!

ZeakStarwind
June 7th, 2007, 00:32
*Sigh*...This is the same thing as the 4 news post before. The filesize is the same also. So technically, you're using v1.02 either way. Thanks for the post though. It will help the others not having to mess with their flash0 at all. NOTE: If you're playing POPS on your PSP and return back to your PSP menu, your XMB theme won't come back on, it will revert back to the original Flash0's firmware theme. Sometimes it'll do it and sometimes it won't.

EDIT: Never Mind this is kind of new lol. Ignore my post =P

Jpdeathblade
June 7th, 2007, 02:46
This is a great program, its easy to test mods with no flashing! Along with full mods.

Great Job (just a matter of time before this came out after seeing the anti update plugin)

jcvargas524
June 7th, 2007, 04:29
this is the one to go

Nikolaos
June 7th, 2007, 12:58
ooo, this is excellent for people afraid to flash there psp, but if they got dax cfw, then i see no point of being afraid.

Buddy4point0
June 7th, 2007, 13:57
i just flash. its the easyest way. hopfully though this will stop some noobs from bricking.

mcdougall57
June 7th, 2007, 17:16
finally ive gone through a shed load of semi-bricking

Veskgar
June 7th, 2007, 19:25
YES! Like I said about the other release, this will get me to start customizing my PSP's as I won't have to mess with the flash.

Apoklepz
August 4th, 2007, 20:21
Is there something like this that will randomize gameboot.pmf applications from a folder in the MS?

narutogod22
August 5th, 2007, 02:54
hey i have the gears of war theme on but i dont know how to put on the font