PDA

View Full Version : Xenoborg 0.1 Alpha source code released - Xbox emulator for PC

JKKDARK
June 7th, 2007, 01:01
Source Code of the new Xbox emulator (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=41034) for PC, Xenoborg, was released.

This is what blueshogun96, the author, said:

Hey guys. Alot of people have been bugging and nagging me about how my Xbox emulator is doing lately, so I thought I'd post some progress. Well, it's been over a year since I've started this project (May 27, 2006 exactly) and I haven't had alot of time to work on this either, but I've managed to get some results out of all that hard work. I'm posting the binary and source code below. The source code is released under the GNU general public license. You can do just about whatever you want with it. It uses LLE instead of HLE and uses OpenGL instead of Direct3D.

There's alot of stuff to be done in this source code. Optimizations, and corrections, etc. Also note that alot of the NV2A GPU emulation code may be innaccurate or just plain wrong (like everything else)! Be warned the CPU core isn't completed either. The x86 instruction set is very MASSIVE and will take a while to complete. And no, it does not play Halo 1/2 and the BIOS emulation isn't started yet. Anyway, give it a look and let me know what you think about all this. I have over 50 MB worth of documentation I've used, but I'll post that when I get back from work

Hawq
June 7th, 2007, 18:54
Hmm according to one post in that emutalk thread linked

I want to clarify that this project has been apparently discontinued by it's developer and inform everyone that we will not have builds available at General Emulation.
So it may be a last hurrah?

JKKDARK
June 7th, 2007, 23:53
Hmm according to one post in that emutalk thread linked

So it may be a last hurrah?

But blueshogun96 didn't say it, and he's the only developer/tester.
Don't listen to General Plot.

acn010
June 8th, 2007, 00:26
well finally he put out the source... now people will finish it and hope somebody can finish

JKKDARK
June 8th, 2007, 00:41
well finally he put out the source... now people will finish it and hope somebody can finish

As I said in the other post, the developer didn't leave the project. He had a problem because an agreement with a fcuking idiot (General Plot). Xenoborg official forum should be General Emu (General Plot site/forum), and General Plot is mad because the developer uploaded the source code on another site.
I just contacted the developer for more info about this problem.

acn010
June 8th, 2007, 00:45
and i never said that he left, i said that the source is out for people who wants create and finish the project

JKKDARK
June 8th, 2007, 00:59
and i never said that he left, i said that the source is out for people who wants create and finish the project

oh sorry, I thought you tried to say the author can't continue the project and then we need other people to take the project :D

General Plot
June 8th, 2007, 10:22
I'll take a moment to explain this, since JKK doesn't have some of the details as to the situation with blueshogun's decisions and actions conerning this project. In a recent post at General Emulation, I took some time to explain to my community exactly what happened with this to clear up the confusion, and I will also try to clarify things here as well.;)

As I stated in my explanation post (which you can find here) (http://www.generalemu.net/forums/lol-General-Plot-t-1551-1.html#pid11096):

Now, onto the Xenoborg/blueshogun96 situation. For a little over a year, I've been asked by blueshogun that if he were to make a release of the Xbox emulator, if I would be interested in hosting it for him. I took the offer the first time he presented it and every time after he asked me if I was still interested, I reassured him that indeed I was. He discussed a site layout design, content to be shown as a premier (first screenshots and things of that nature) and I set up a forum for it. We had a big idea brewing, and I was really counting on this, as the scene for Xbox emulation, as you know, is practically empty. I didn't hear from blueshogun for a few days. I never got any screenshots or info to post on the site we were about to make for it. I didn't hear a word from him for 3 days. Then yesterday, I stumbled onto a rather small post made at Emutalk in the programming section where blueshogun had released his first alpha. He never gave anyone here any indication or announcement that it was released. Nobody even knew it had been. Well, after finding out that I was upset about it, he stated that he was not going to continue the project and in so many words is leaving the emulation scene. I don't know how serious those statements are, I've seen him leave before and come back, so who knows?

You can find blueshogun96's original post of this alpha source release at Emtalk here (http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=41034), where he clearly edited his post and removed the download for the sources which JKKDARK is now making available here. I would assume this would be against the developer's wishes, since he removed it there, but I'll leave it to the staff here to decide what to do with this. In a private forum, blueshogun clearly made remarks in reference to discontinuing this project as well as leaving the emulation scene entirely. JKKDARK would obviously not know this, as he does not have access to the private discussion threads where blueshogun had stated this.

Anyways, I hope this clears a few things up for everyone.

robbbert
June 8th, 2007, 22:32
This is becoming too much of damned soap opera.

Anyway I got what I came here for.

General Plot
June 9th, 2007, 01:36
It wasn't intended to be, but alas, it's what it has become. I had high hopes for this project, so I'd be lying if I said that seeing the end result didn't bother me.

JKKDARK
June 9th, 2007, 02:22
I would assume this would be against the developer's wishes

Then why he uploaded it on emutalk for the public? Now everyone can use it. Even if he removed the file, a lot of people downloaded it already.

General Plot
June 9th, 2007, 04:14
Then why he uploaded it on emutalk for the public? Now everyone can use it. Even if he removed the file, a lot of people downloaded it already.
Obviously he removed it from Emutalk to prevent it from being downloaded anymore than it had been already. This would be the most logical reason why someone would remove a download in the first place, wouldn't you think? The action of removing a file says something in itself, but of course you have to be selfish about it and not care what the author wanted, as long as you got what you wanted. It's what I've come to realize with you.

Cap'n 1time
June 9th, 2007, 04:17
Hows about the original developer get in touch with us and tell us to remove it. We dont have time for drama nor are we interested in investigating. When he comes here specifically asking for removal then we will of course have to comply, but until then... tough pickles.

We arnt trying to be rude, but this isnt exactly the most viewed thread in the world, and we hate drama. We also have bigger fish to fry. Please understand.

JKKDARK
June 9th, 2007, 04:21
Obviously he removed it from Emutalk to prevent it from being downloaded anymore than it had been already. This would be the most logical reason why someone would remove a download in the first place, wouldn't you think? The action of removing a file says something in itself, but of course you have to be selfish about it and not care what the author wanted, as long as you got what you wanted. It's what I've come to realize with you.

blueshogun96 said the file was removed because an agreement with your forum:
"Sorry guys, had to pull it back (the attachment). Unconsciously went back on an agreement I had with www.generalemu.net All releases will be made there, sorry about this."

And he didn't say if the release from your forum would be different or something.
The file was available for the people then it means everyone can use the source code now.

ExcruciationX
June 9th, 2007, 05:57
blueshogun96 said the file was removed because an agreement with your forum:
"Sorry guys, had to pull it back (the attachment). Unconsciously went back on an agreement I had with www.generalemu.net All releases will be made there, sorry about this."

And he didn't say if the release from your forum would be different or something.
The file was available for the people then it means everyone can use the source code now.
Jeez, will you just stop ****ing arguing?

blueshogun96
June 15th, 2007, 21:23
Looking for me... ?

First of all, I don't care what you do with it or where you post it. It's really no big deal to me. Second, the reason why I wanted to discontinue it in the first place was because I thought I lost my best friend(s) over this project. I've had a long talk with General Plot earlier and I decided to come back to the emulation scene. And now that I know that I didn't hurt any friendships with this thing, It's officially re-continued. Remember it's under GPL, so it gives you just about any freedom you can think of.