PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary Ships For Playstation 2

JKKDARK
June 7th, 2007, 14:12
via Gameinfowire (http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=10633)

Corks are flying across the continent as Eidos and Crystal Dynamics toast the release of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which ships to North American retailers today.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a celebration of Lara's original adventure in an entirely new Crystal Dynamics game. In 1996 the original Tomb Raider video game launched and introduced the world to Lara Croft, one of the entertainment industry's most successful and prolific cross-over properties.

"The anniversary edition is a fan-inspired celebration bridging Lara Croft's groundbreaking past with a revived passion for new adventures and technical advancements," said Bill Gardner, president and CEO of Eidos Inc. "Lara Croft is at the doorway of a new decade, and we've made sure she's ready to face exciting new challenges in the world of entertainment."

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary takes advantage of more than 10 years of technical advances to faithfully recreate the sense of isolation, suspense and surprise of the original title, but with greatly expanded environments, enhanced puzzles, updated weapons and the smooth, athletic character movements introduced in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend in 2006.

Said Matt Gorman, director of marketing at Eidos Inc., "Tomb Raider: Anniversary is an exciting adventure for fans of the franchise and a great introduction to Lara Croft for a whole new generation of consumers."

The first Tomb Raider game sold more than seven million copies worldwide. Lara Croft went on to become a global entertainment icon, gracing more than 200 magazine covers, touring with U2 and topping $1 billion in brand equity. In total, the franchise has sold more than 30 million games, inspired two feature films and produced comic books, animated series and countless other licensed products.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary was developed by Crystal Dynamics, with versions available for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC under Windows Vista. Versions for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system and the Wii console are forthcoming.

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 20:23
ahh

this game is $29.99 in the US
and £29.99 in the UK

double the price!!!

PLZKLLME0080
June 7th, 2007, 21:14
ahh

this game is $29.99 in the US
and £29.99 in the UK

double the price!!!

WTF?!?!?!?! why would they do that? do people in the UK like it that much more?

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 21:22
well actually its quite cheap for the uk... even if its nearly $60

makes it quite clear why i am confused by people who live in america and complain about the prices of electronics.

how about $1000 ps3 with two games

somehow the Wii is alot closer for $356

samidgley
June 10th, 2007, 03:41
Tomb Raider was the first game I played on my playstation soI cannae wait till i can afford to buy things again... this game looks far too amazing