PDA

View Full Version : Konami fixes Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, removes Playstation 3 logo

JKKDARK
June 7th, 2007, 14:21
via Canada.com (http://communities.canada.com/shareit/blogs/gamesnews/archive/2007/06/06/konami-fixes-metal-gear-solid-4-trailer-removes-playstation-3-logo.aspx)

http://media.canada.com/canwest/141/mgsbranding.jpg

A Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer that was re-released to fix some visual errors has unintentionally whipped the gaming community into a frenzy.
The trailer was released on Konami's new Metal Gear 20th Anniversary website, and has quite a few noticeable differences between the original trailer which was released at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2006.
The most striking of these differences is the removal of the Playstation 3 logo during the final credits, leading some gamers to believe that the game is no longer exclusive for the Playstation 3 platform.
The Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer shown at the Tokyo Games Show also had its Playstation logo removed, which may indicate a pattern of change since E3 last year.
Whether or not the game is moving platforms, Konami has been developing the game for the Playstation 3 from the ground up, so Sony fans shouldn't be too concerned. At least not yet.

Flava17
June 7th, 2007, 15:28
Before anyone starts claiming that this means the game is going multi-platform, I would like to point one thing out.

The first trailer, which contains the PS3 logo, was created and displayed for/at the PS3 presentation at E3. This was used as a promotional trailer for the PS3 - which is why the PS3 logo is in the trailer. It is likely that Sony put the PS3 logo in the trailer themselves for the presentation, or asked the MGS team to put the logo in.

The remastered trailer, was not created for a PS3 event or any other event for that matter - the new trailer is promoting the game, metal gear solid 4 - rather than for promoting the console. The MGS team are not employees of Sony, hence why the PS3 logo does not feature in the trailer.

Whether the game goes to the 360 is likely to depend upon whether it is a success on the PS3 - ultimately, it will be a PS3 exclusive - it may be a timed exclusive, but who knows. If the game was going to be released on the 360 any time soon, it probably would have already been announced.

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 16:22
good point above.
the selling point of this game is that it is MGS not anything to do with the console it will be on.

and kojima loves to mess with peoples minds...alot

alienanthropologist
June 7th, 2007, 16:36
Maybe developers are beginning to realise the financial risks involved in the cost-and-time consuming development of software for such a pitifully limited installed base.

It's all about money, simple. Developers will make games for the console which will maximise their profit. Ps3 and 360 software is time and money consuming to produce. Unless Ps3 hardware sales pick up pronto, 3rd party developers will divert their resources to the cosoles with more extensive installed bases and therefore greater margins of profit.

Poor Sony.

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2007, 16:39
Don't worry, I have faith MGS4 is PS3. Besides, even if it goes to another platform, you still have KH3 to look forward to.

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 16:52
Maybe developers are beginning to realise the financial risks involved in the cost-and-time consuming development of software for such a pitifully limited installed base.

It's all about money, simple. Developers will make games for the console which will maximise their profit. Ps3 and 360 software is time and money consuming to produce. Unless Ps3 hardware sales pick up pronto, 3rd party developers will divert their resources to the cosoles with more extensive installed bases and therefore greater margins of profit.

Poor Sony.

¿poor sony?
im sure sony are very distressed having MGS4 and FFXIII on their console
poor sony indeed

alienanthropologist
June 7th, 2007, 17:07
¿poor sony?
im sure sony are very distressed having MGS4 and FFXIII on their console
poor sony indeed

I don't really know what MGS4 is and I've never played a Final Fantasy game, though I know it's a popular series.

If any of these two games is going to save Ps3 from disaster then good for Sony. Then Ps3 might even manage to make it 3rd best. :)

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 17:17
I don't really know what MGS4 is and I've never played a Final Fantasy game, though I know it's a popular series.

If any of these two games is going to save Ps3 from disaster then good for Sony. Then Ps3 might even manage to make it 3rd best. :)

wow
¿thread?

alienanthropologist
June 7th, 2007, 17:25
I know, I've got a bad memory and get sidetracked easily.

Anyway Accordion I like you, let me take you out on a date... ;)

Balthasar00
June 7th, 2007, 17:38
At the 2006 TGS, Kojima clearly stated that MGS 4 was for PS3 only. They worked hard to get the best out of the Cell architecture wich is far from compatible with the 360. Indeed, MGS 2 have been ported on Xbox but now, that a totally different story.. PS3 is stronger than Xbox 360. It makes portage/multiplatform incompatible.

End of the story.

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2007, 18:28
At the 2006 TGS, Kojima clearly stated that MGS 4 was for PS3 only. They worked hard to get the best out of the Cell architecture wich is far from compatible with the 360. Indeed, MGS 2 have been ported on Xbox but now, that a totally different story.. PS3 is stronger than Xbox 360. It makes portage/multiplatform incompatible.

End of the story.

Indeed it is. But most of its power cannot be utilized. Making it equal(or less, depends on game) powerful.

Balthasar00
June 7th, 2007, 19:05
Indeed it is. But most of its power cannot be utilized. Making it equal(or less, depends on game) powerful.

We all said the same thing with the Ps2 at launch with his miserable 4 mb ram. Then, few years after, we had FF X, God of war, Genji.. MGS 4 look positively good even if it is still a first generation game. The character models are the best looking in the console departement. MGS subsistance for Xbox couldn't play mgs 2 as well as on PS2 ; rain and wind effects were less good and major slowdowns in first person view outside the cargo ship at the beginning.
It showed that even if the xbox is technicaly superior to the ps2, porting a game wich is primaly designed for a different system need alot of processing power. Alsoi, multiplatform games aren't the one in wich you will see major visual improvement. N64 Goldeneye was exclusive, Halo was exclusive, GOW too. MGS 4 will certainly be too. Im not agains't a Xbox 360 portage, I didn't complained about it when Assassin's creed was confirmed on Xbox360. I only doubt that it will happen since Konami never gived any hints what so ever going in the direction.

Accordion
June 7th, 2007, 20:16
I know, I've got a bad memory and get sidetracked easily.

Anyway Accordion I like you, let me take you out on a date... ;)

that was good.

i also have no worries about either exclusivity [mainly because i dont care as long as play the game] or whether this game will make best use of the ps3 this early on, both 2 and 3 still look amazing and stand uo well to current games. MGS4 will be a very early sign of what the ps3 can do and will probably become the level whcih other games need to aspire to years later.

Basil Zero
June 7th, 2007, 20:42
There has been many sources from konami that this game will be ps3 exclusive:

Konami Podcast before

Kojima calling the PS3 a theatre and thats what MGS4 needs

If those were lies from him and his company, the company's gonna lose alot of fans for those lies. Dedicated fans that is.

Xiofire
June 7th, 2007, 20:43
Why is the Konami logo gone?
Dont tell me there "porting" it to EA for them to develop it? EA wont be able to utilize its full potential lol Nah, but even if it goes multi platform, ill get the PS3 version, same with Devil May Cry.
-Xiofire

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2007, 21:15
We all said the same thing with the Ps2 at launch with his miserable 4 mb ram. Then, few years after, we had FF X, God of war, Genji.. MGS 4 look positively good even if it is still a first generation game. The character models are the best looking in the console departement. MGS subsistance for Xbox couldn't play mgs 2 as well as on PS2 ; rain and wind effects were less good and major slowdowns in first person view outside the cargo ship at the beginning.
It showed that even if the xbox is technicaly superior to the ps2, porting a game wich is primaly designed for a different system need alot of processing power. Alsoi, multiplatform games aren't the one in wich you will see major visual improvement. N64 Goldeneye was exclusive, Halo was exclusive, GOW too. MGS 4 will certainly be too. Im not agains't a Xbox 360 portage, I didn't complained about it when Assassin's creed was confirmed on Xbox360. I only doubt that it will happen since Konami never gived any hints what so ever going in the direction.

Ah, I see your point...

Balthasar00
June 7th, 2007, 21:23
Ah, I see your point...

lol.

jdnation
June 8th, 2007, 05:30
The TGS'05 Trailer bragged about the Cell processor

And the TGS'06 trailer also didn't have the PS3 logo on it... yet at GO3 Kojima said it was exclusive to PS3 and the Kojima Productions Reports reconfirmed what Kojima said.

From all we can see... the game is still PS3 exclusive and built solely to take advantage of Blu-Ray and the Cell.