PDA

View Full Version : I think my PSP is a brick...

Fohn
June 7th, 2007, 16:55
While trying to upgrade my PSP to a custom firmware, after I had downgraded it to a 1.50, I ran into a few errors, and well, now I can't turn my PSP on, when I try to, the green light comes on, but after a few seconds, it goes off again, my friend says its fixable if it does that, but the memory stick light doesn't come on either, anyone know for sure if its fixable or not? And if it is, how can I fix it?

splodger15
June 7th, 2007, 17:03
What custom firmware you going to as I think Dark Alex's custom firmware the recovery file was written to the flash first incase of errors later on.

Maybe a bit more information on what custom firmware you were going to would be good.

Chameleon
June 7th, 2007, 17:04
when you downgraded explain the errors that occured then we might be able to help

@ splodger- he didnt get a chance to upgrade to CF he had to downgrade to 1.5 first

Fohn
June 7th, 2007, 17:12
I did downgrade it to 1.5 first, and the custom firmware I got was 3.40, and it was Dark Alex's custom firmware, but the recovery thing didn't work, I tried it. When I tried to install it, it said "PANIC: error creating directory flash:/ something" a few times, each time with something different in the spot where I put "something", and it wouldn't go any further, the only thing I could do was turn it off and see if I did something wrong, so I turned it off, and now it won't turn on.

Chameleon
June 7th, 2007, 17:19
your one of th unlucky few... i had that same problem once, theirs no fixing it, maybe with a mod-chip.

I recommend returning it if you can, and getting a new one

splodger15
June 7th, 2007, 17:24
It wouldnt have just broke on its own you must have done something wrong

xg917
June 7th, 2007, 19:57
if it says panic, hell u should panic!
recommentations:
-if u have warrenty just return it for a new one
-if u dont have warrenty, buy a new one at FYE music store if u live in the USA, they sell PSPs for 149$ everywhere else is 169$ i believe
-get a modchip (i dont recommend unless u have skills to install it)

EDIT: Modchips dont work on the newer motherboards. my bad

splodger15
June 7th, 2007, 20:10
What the TA-086 boards.

Because the Devolution does

parkermauney
June 7th, 2007, 20:59
That happened to me before after trying to recover with a full flash0. :p

It said PANIC: PSAR ERROR!

I mean, dax could've made it let you down easier.

Whenever it happened I returned mine at bestbuy. If you have a bestbuy warranty, just take it there, tell them it won't turn on, and you can get a new one. I got mine at 2.71, but that was like 2 months ago.

Frewin
June 8th, 2007, 21:23
Well, if u can turn it on and see the Green light it ISNT bricked.

Try starting while Holding "R" to see if the recov menu will load.

If it does then it isnt bricked and it IS fixable.

I recently (by recent, i mean like 4 days ago) did this to mine, and my mate fixed it straight away. Now im running 3.40 OE-A again!

If you can then dont fret, its fixable. i just dont know how.

Well - hit me back if u can and i will get ma m8 to tell me how he did it. Then i will pass on the info. :thumbup:

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 21:29

Try starting while Holding "R" to see if the recov menu will load.

If it does then it isnt bricked and it IS fixable.

I recently (by recent, i mean like 4 days ago) did this to mine, and my mate fixed it straight away. Now im running 3.40 OE-A again!

If you can then dont fret, its fixable. i just dont know how.

Well - hit me back if u can and i will get ma m8 to tell me how he did it. Then i will pass on the info. :thumbup:
He tried recovery and it doesn't work. Read his last post.

parkermauney
June 8th, 2007, 22:11
Hahahahaha!

:rofl: