PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Charts: Resident Evil Wii misses No.1 spot

Shrygue
June 7th, 2007, 20:01
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25608)

Capcom's Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition missed out on the top spot in the Japanese charts for the week ended June 3, as DS title Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training took the number one position.

Both titles are new releases, but Nintendo's DS game sold almost 95,000 units on its first week of release, compared to Capcom's latest horror game which managed almost 44,000 sales.

The only other new entry in the top ten was Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for the PlayStation 2, which managed to shift around 32,000 copies.

Nintendo has a total of 20 DS titles in the top 30 and five Wii titles. Sony has three PlayStation 2 and two PSP games in the charts. There are no PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 games in the top 30.

The ten best-selling games in Japan for the week ended June 3 follow:

1. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training
2. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
3. Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
4. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
5. Wii Sports
6. More Brain Age
7. New Super Mario Bros.
8. Wii Play
9. More English Training
10. Momatarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan

alienanthropologist
June 7th, 2007, 20:33
Well, considering that the DS lite and phat have got an installed base of millions and millions in Japan, it's no surprise that it should be a DS title at the top.

However, to grab the second spot is quite remarkable for a game, which after all, is but a port from other consoles.

Well done Nintendo and Capcom.

Broonale
June 8th, 2007, 00:00
Who is buying that many WiiSports?

Does it count as a sale with the console?

alienanthropologist
June 8th, 2007, 06:00
Who is buying that many WiiSports?

Does it count as a sale with the console?

Wii Sports isn't bundled witht the Wii console in Japan.

I heart Nintendo
June 8th, 2007, 17:26
It's great that Resident evil 4: Wii edition charted so high. Hopefully it'll sell better than the GameCube version did, as that didn't do as well as I felt it should have.

And how the HELL is New Super Mario Bros. still in the top 10!? *lol* That is crazy. I can see that game sticking around throughout the year. It hasn't left the charts since it first released.