PDA

View Full Version : DScent Alpha 3.

wraggster
June 7th, 2007, 21:48
kayvenm (http://blog.dev-scene.com/kayvenm/) has released a new version of his port of Descent for the Nintendo DS:

New version. Been working on new features but it’s taking longer than expected so here’s a bug fix release in the mean time :

Picking up a vulcan canon ammo auto-switched the primary weapon to the vulcan cannon even with auto select disabled
Brightness setting changes in menus without being asked
Wrong aspect ratio on death/escape sequence (see pictures below)
Robot animation
ambient sounds not working properly
static in some sounds
master volume is saved properly
New :

Part of the work for rendering robots has been moved to hardware and should help improve speed when multiple robots are on screen.
New sound engine

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sir_Voe
June 8th, 2007, 00:13
Working great so far. Areas that used to get choppy on full detail from too many enemys are now much smoother. The sound improvements are great too. Sounds really nice w/ a pair of headphones.

Echo1
June 8th, 2007, 01:27
Excellent work. I always have a copy of DScent on my SD card and enjoy the updates. Cheers.:)

Leonx
June 8th, 2007, 09:07
what‘s it for?

MasterMan
June 8th, 2007, 17:58
what‘s it for?

To play:cool:

XDelusion
June 9th, 2007, 01:49
What version of Descent do I need, it keeps asking for a Descent.tex file and some other file, but my copy does not have these files.

50calCerberus
June 11th, 2007, 23:32
uhh it didnt work on mine it had a red screen at the bottom and said error blah blah blah...well not "blah" but text i dont remember

fook123
June 12th, 2007, 00:47
it wont work on my Games 'n' music ds... : *(

50calCerberus
June 12th, 2007, 01:36
thats wat i got and it wont work on it

fook123
June 12th, 2007, 02:29
thats wat i got and it wont work on itMost games wont work on the thing, like quake doom duke nukem etc. . . . :(

Dririthlan
June 12th, 2007, 18:41
I remember playing Descent so much as a kid got it working this morning and have been playing pretty much all day.

Next I would like to see them bring indy500 & Stunts to the DS and ill pretty much be happy as larry.

Sin-07
June 13th, 2007, 14:23
this release is really perfect, and great gameplay (with Touchscreen), too. :) :) :) i like it :) :) :)

XDelusion
June 18th, 2007, 04:22
This is AMAZING!

As soon as I learn how to map the extra buttons to someplace on the touch screen I'll be set!

Thank you VERY much! This is the most comfortable way I've found to play Descent yet!

RaiderX
June 25th, 2007, 23:14
Great port! Only a couple random crashes, but not a big problem. All it needs is a config file so you don't need the files in the root.

Category
June 30th, 2007, 16:42
What version of Descent do I need, it keeps asking for a Descent.tex file and some other file, but my copy does not have these files.

I'm having the same trouble trying to play the shareware version - maybe only the full game is supported?

And to those of you with Games'n'Music - throw them in the bin - they have trouble running ANYTHING. I thought it was a bargin, but I was very wrong indeed.

Drego
July 2nd, 2007, 15:11
uhh it didnt work on mine it had a red screen at the bottom and said error blah blah blah...well not "blah" but text i dont remember

People who are getting a red screen with a "FAT" error need to make sure they DLDI the .nds file. This can be explained from this site....look at the forums.

If you are getting a second red screen error. "Cannot find DESCENT.TEX or DESCENT.TXB" it is because you did not load the files descent.hog and descent.pig onto your DS.
It took me some "net searching" to find what files you needed, but it works great. Missing the music, but I wont complain.

Cheers mates...:thumbup:

bobtheninjaoffood
July 12th, 2007, 04:47
this thing says it needs some text file. help??????

patgan598
July 31st, 2007, 21:29
Someone who could port?
Im thinking of Fire fight By epic megagames..
I dont really no if its abandonware but anyvay...
To the ds off course Anyone digg it?
:confused::confused::confused:?
Please email:
Msn: <[email protected]>

Help will be appricated.. VERY much...

patgan598
July 31st, 2007, 21:34
Its dos/win95