PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

motormaniac
June 7th, 2007, 21:53
Hey EvERYONE,

I need some advice on whether i should buy a PS3 or a wii, i really dont know. I ve played the wii some and thought it was fun but not as many good games in my opinion, and u cant put music on it. but its very cheap! and the ps3 ive onlyu got to use at he stores so please help, i need advice.

hodgy47
June 8th, 2007, 01:53
the ps3 is awesome, the wii gets you more involved with the gameplay due to its wireless control and the way it's used but for pure gameplay, graphics and game availability the ps3 gets my vote.

Shadowblind
June 8th, 2007, 03:07
Im gonna go with Wii. Maybe PS3 when it gets at least one good game. But until then, Wii.

Game availability? Wii=Gamecube & Wii games & VC games.

Gold Line
June 8th, 2007, 03:32
get a wii. The ps3 will never be good it will always be crap

Tesseract
June 8th, 2007, 03:55
The Wii has some fun games, yesh, but I think I'd find myself getting bored with it, and..... then what?

The PS3 may not have much now, but 2007-2008 is gonna have LOTS of worthwhile releases. Also, aside from the games there's just so much you can do with it. From Music and Video to running Linux and Folding@Home... It'll also complement your PSP a bit better.

Shadowblind
June 8th, 2007, 04:32
The Wii has some fun games, yesh, but I think I'd find myself getting bored with it, and..... then what?

The PS3 may not have much now, but 2007-2008 is gonna have LOTS of worthwhile releases.

Um, I hate to tell you, but FFXIII and MGS4 dont really count as alot...besides, out of the two only Metal gear is good.

And the Wii also has two awesome games zoned for around then: SSBB and S.Mario Galaxy.

Then what? Then what in an RPG where you've beat the game, such as FFXIII? For the Wii, you use your own body as a functioning controller. The possibilities are endless!

motormaniac
June 8th, 2007, 16:59
I know thats why its so hard for me to decide, I really want somthing thats multi media so it can do videos photos music internet. But i really like the controls for the wii, why cant the ps3 just give up and make controls like the wiis? lol THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS, I REALLY APRECIATE IT

Triv1um
June 8th, 2007, 17:29
Get a PS3, it is worth every penny.

All you shallow minded people are saying that there is no good games coming out and there never will be.

You are just looking at sequels, there will be alot of new games coming out for it, because it is so powerful.

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 17:31
Personally, I would go for the ps3. The possibilities are endless.

Ps3 Linux FTW :p

splodger15
June 8th, 2007, 17:31
Or get both like I am planning on doing.

ICE
June 8th, 2007, 17:37
id go with wii. just look at the games coming out for it this year and i think you'll see why.

Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, BWii, MP3, are all HUGE.
ign said in a podcast thing that MP3 looked twice as good as halo 2 graphically on the last time they got to play it.

plus games like manhunt 2, scarface, RE:UC(co-op!), and even RE4 is looking good i hear.

those will all be out this year. come on its an easy choice.

steve520
June 8th, 2007, 17:38
It depends how much money you have the Wii is fun and hopefully some more good game titles come and PS3 is also awesome expensive but awesome

Gold Line
June 8th, 2007, 17:43
you can buy a 360 and a wii for £400
or you can buy 1 crappy ps3 for £450

ICE
June 8th, 2007, 17:43
i dunno i just really dont think that an upgraded ps2 is worth $600 lol. i didnt really play the first ps2 ya know?

thats why i chose the wii. its a completely different experience.

oh and whoever said that the ps3 will have good game because its powerful.. um thats why it wont have good games. the ps3 is way too complicated to make games for. it'll take a few years to figure it out. thats why almost all the games have been delayed or canceled for the ps3.

ok ive put in my 2 cents and i'll shut up now. gold line dont get yourself into trouble ;)

parkermauney
June 8th, 2007, 20:05
I'd go with wii, it's about $350 cheaper, and nintendo never seems to fail at keeping the good games coming.