PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Nintendo / PlayStation on display

Shrygue
June 8th, 2007, 20:33
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/08/prototype-nintendo-playstation-on-display/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/06/sony_famicom_front.jpg

A brief history lesson: Before creating industry uber-brand, the PlayStation, Sony was working with Nintendo (of Wii fame) to create a SNES CD add-on. But that wasn't it! They were also working on a separate, Sony branded console that would play CDs and SNES cartridges. That console, like a mythical beast roaming the expanses of the digital world, had never been spotted ... until now. Like a lost Picasso finding its way to a humble garage sale, this early PlayStation pops up at game-rave.com (if you couldn't tell) and encourages us to think back at what could have been. Y'know, it could have been the PlayStation with the motion-sensitive controller. Oh, wait ...

There's no way to verify the veracity of game-rave's claim that "it's real," but they promise updates "very, very soon." Like now? How about now? Are there updates ... now?

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 20:55
The picture looks legit. But then again...it could just be game-rave.com trying to boost their traffic.

JKKDARK
June 8th, 2007, 22:16
omg it looks awesome, I would like to have this prototype on my hands :)

steve520
June 9th, 2007, 04:45
yeah that looks so cool. just to have an orignal. but you never know it could be fake

Accordion
June 9th, 2007, 18:21
whres the CD drive?

dylandangles
June 10th, 2007, 02:36
Here's another pic of it.

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/sony_famicom_back.jpg

Gold Line
June 10th, 2007, 02:53
nintendo teamed with philips as well, but that never worked out then philips stole link and made there own zelda games! :eek:

Kaiser
June 10th, 2007, 19:43
nintendo teamed with philips as well, but that never worked out then philips stole link and made there own zelda games! :eek:
... and the worst Zelda games ever made I might add. ;)

Gold Line
June 10th, 2007, 19:53
... and the worst Zelda games ever made I might add. ;)

but since nintendo had nothing to do with the making of the 3 (yes! 3 crappy non nintendo zelda games) games nintendo pretend they where never made.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 03:04
but since nintendo had nothing to do with the making of the 3 (yes! 3 crappy non nintendo zelda games) games nintendo pretend they where never made.

A Link To The Past on Super Nintendo?

Why was that Zelda crappy? If Nintendo pretended it wasn't made then why was it re-released on the GameBoy Advance and on Virtual Console?

Gold Line
June 16th, 2007, 03:16
no i'm talking about

zelda wand of camelon
zelda the faces of evil
and zelda something (i forgot the name)

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 03:41
no i'm talking about

zelda wand of camelon
zelda the faces of evil
and zelda something (i forgot the name)

I've never heard of "any" of them, to me Zelda 3 is "A Link To The Past" on Super Nintendo.

Gold Line
June 16th, 2007, 04:31
i bet you never heard of BS zelda games have you :rolleyes:

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 06:00
i bet you never heard of BS zelda games have you :rolleyes:

Nope, all the Zelda games that I know of are (which I own 10 of - the green ones)

(01) Zelda
(02) Adventure of Link (Zelda 2)
(03) A Link To The Past
(04) Link's Awakening
(05) Ocarina Of Time
(06) Majora’s Mask
(07) Oracle Of Seasons/Ages
(08) The Wind Waker
(09) A Link To The Past (GBA - Four Swords version)
(09) Four Swords Adventure
(10) The Minish Cap
(11) Twilight Princess
(12) Phantom Hourglass

Gold Line
June 16th, 2007, 06:23
i own all zelda games apart from:

the 3 zelda cd-i games (because they suck)
zelda PH (because its not out yet)
and the BS games (because i dont live in japan ;))

you also forgot zelda OOT-MQ that was made after MM in japan but was released with WW in the UK and US

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 03:08
i own all zelda games apart from:

the 3 zelda cd-i games (because they suck)
zelda PH (because its not out yet)
and the BS games (because i dont live in japan ;))

you also forgot zelda OOT-MQ that was made after MM in japan but was released with WW in the UK and US

I don't have OOT-MQ (I got the £19.99 WW), but I have the "Limited Edition" Zelda Colectors disk thou

Gold Line
June 17th, 2007, 06:01
MQ is much harder than OOT
why dont you buy the OOT-MQ gamecube disc i think i saw it for £10 on amazon.co.uk