PDA

View Full Version : Portable VNC v1.2.4 (IR Keyboard support)

zx-81
June 8th, 2007, 22:33
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvnc-v1.2.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new release of Portable VNC for Custom FW 3.x only.

For those for haven't seen previous versions, VNC let you access to your PC desktop from anywhere
using a wifi connection.

What's new in version 1.2.4 :

- 3.x Custom firwmare support (WPA)
- IR Keyboard support
- Danzeff virtual keyboard (with same layout as pspssh !)

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library), and the Virtual keyboard
is based on the Danzel code.

PSPVNC has been written by NHD from TeamXos, and it's based on the PalmOS VNC client.

It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.

The IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

Special thanks to XazZ for this feedback and beta test.

*** I dedicate this release to Dr Nicket ***

Enjoy, :thumbup:

Zx.

EDIT: A new version has been uploaded taken into account Darthpaul feedback on virtual keyboard mapping.

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 22:38
Nice work on the release ;)
Downloading now...

DarthPaul
June 8th, 2007, 22:53
Great,thanks for this. Downloaded :P

pt9087
June 8th, 2007, 23:45
The last release was AWSOME! i love this!

gymnotropic
June 9th, 2007, 00:46
I'm not sure if it is just me, but I can't seem to add a Host. Whenever I add in all the information, and press either "Start" or "Select" on the PSP, it takes me back to the main menu and only shows the "New Host".

Demonsweat
June 9th, 2007, 01:38
Just wanted to give my thanks. Great program. Both WPA support and the Danzeff keyboard are excellent additions. :)

DarthPaul
June 9th, 2007, 01:38
I'm not sure if it is just me, but I can't seem to add a Host. Whenever I add in all the information, and press either "Start" or "Select" on the PSP, it takes me back to the main menu and only shows the "New Host".

After you type the name of the host,press Down to add it.

By the way,it's working great for me. This is the first time I use this and I'm surprised. It's very amazing.

HellDragon
June 9th, 2007, 02:42
yay finally ir keyboards support :)

gymnotropic
June 9th, 2007, 02:45
After you type the name of the host,press Down to add it.

By the way,it's working great for me. This is the first time I use this and I'm surprised. It's very amazing.
Thanks, I would of never guessed that.

telnaur
June 9th, 2007, 04:32
awesome post! Thanks zx!
...downloading

DrNicket
June 9th, 2007, 05:11
<sniff> I'm touched. Thank you my friend.
Just for that, I shall not only resume my donation schedule, but redouble my efforts to regain my wireless functionality (switched ISPs and my old wireless router doesn't work in tandem with my modem; I'm going to try a second NIC card.)

patrickracine
June 9th, 2007, 05:21
Would someone please help. I'm on a Mac and I can't seem to connect to the bugger. I'm almost positive my system settings are set up right, but I'm stuck in limbo. I try to connect and it just hangs for 30 seconds then gives me the error -1/116. Any help would be awesome.

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 07:14
Would someone please help. I'm on a Mac and I can't seem to connect to the bugger. I'm almost positive my system settings are set up right, but I'm stuck in limbo. I try to connect and it just hangs for 30 seconds then gives me the error -1/116. Any help would be awesome.

The common error is to enter a wrong password, or to choose a wrong port number. You can try with another port, depending on your display id :

Vnc server display id 0 -> 5900
Vnc server display id 1 -> 5901

... :)

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 07:15
<sniff> I'm touched. Thank you my friend.

You're welcome :D

hatrix
June 9th, 2007, 11:01
VNC would freeze right at the choose connection screen in VNC : /

Does anyone know why that is happening?

By the way I am using CFW 3.40

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 14:08

I haven't tried on 3.40 but only on 3.03-OE :(

DarthPaul
June 9th, 2007, 14:53
I haven't tried on 3.40 but only on 3.03-OE :(

It works great for me on 3.40 OE. And I love you zx-81.

Question: Is there a way to use a PSP key/or combination as the arrows of the keyboard?

Where do you have the folder?
Put the PSPVNC folder in the PSP/GAME340 folder.And use 340Kernel mode.Hope that works.

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 15:33
It works great for me on 3.40 OE. And I love you zx-81.

Question: Is there a way to use a PSP key/or combination as the arrows of the keyboard?

Yes, you have to toggle in game mode ... but it's not really convenient. I can change the default mapping to be able to use the D-pad as cursor arrows, and use let say "SELECT" to press ENTER (instead of down key).

DarthPaul
June 9th, 2007, 15:35
Yes, you have to toggle in game mode ... but it's not really convenient. I can change the default mapping to be able to use the D-pad as cursor arrows, and use let say "SELECT" to press ENTER (instead of down key).

Oh yeah awesome! I didn't notice that there's a Keymap folder in there. Man,all I have to say right now is: THIS-IS-THE-BEST-THING-EVER
Gosh,this is like my dream coming true..
Is there any way to donate some $$ to you? :D

Edited: Thanks!

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 15:48
First of all i've just uploaded a new version with the mapping for cursor keys, and you have now to press SELECT (while using the virtual keyboard) to press ENTER.

Oh yeah awesome! I didn't notice that there's a Keymap folder in there.

The keymap folder is only for the IR keyboard (and using the IR keyboard the cursor keys worked already properly).

Man,all I have to say right now is: THIS-IS-THE-BEST-THING-EVER
Gosh,this is like my dream coming true..
Is there any way to donate some $$ to you? :D

I'm not the author of PSPVNC, my contribution here is to have integrate the danzeff virtual keyboard (i like it better), add 3.0x FW mode support (for WPA), and of course to add the IR keyboard stuff (from pspssh).

Anyway you can have a look on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr

:)

DarthPaul
June 9th, 2007, 15:59
Thanks!

Uberman
June 9th, 2007, 17:49

I would dig having this ability as well. I don't have an IR keyboard. :(

s03j
June 9th, 2007, 18:43
Thank nice work :)

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 18:49
I would dig having this ability as well. I don't have an IR keyboard. :(

I've already updated the zip file few hours ago. You can download it once more if you still have no cursor keys while using the virtual keyboard.

tyranos
June 9th, 2007, 23:03
hi zx
i managed to get my keyboard working with pspvnc by only recompiling it , but i can type normal letters caps and everything works
but i cant type enter or backspace which are very important , could be the keymap file but maybe if it s used somewhere else in the code or something u know

thx

great work

zx-81
June 9th, 2007, 23:45
hi zx
i managed to get my keyboard working with pspvnc by only recompiling it , but i can type normal letters caps and everything works
but i cant type enter or backspace which are very important , could be the keymap file but maybe if it s used somewhere else in the code or something u know

thx

great work

It should be the keymap file, since it works fine with my Targus keyboard :)

NoQuarter
June 10th, 2007, 01:08
you are a machine zx-81.

hatrix
June 10th, 2007, 03:28
Sorry guys, but I did put the pspvnc folder in GAME340 folder, but it still freezes at the network connections inside the vnc program. Does anyone else have the same problem : /

I have pikey installed... would that be a problem

zx-81
June 10th, 2007, 09:32
Sorry guys, but I did put the pspvnc folder in GAME340 folder, but it still freezes at the network connections inside the vnc program. Does anyone else have the same problem : /

I have pikey installed... would that be a problem

try to disable all plugins you had enabled ... and see if it works or not. On my 3.03-OE it works fine, but there is may be an issue with 3.40 ? :confused:

seargent007
June 11th, 2007, 03:47
can i get some help :confused: i got the down arrow thing on dpad finally ;) but whenever i put in my pass (i have IRkbd but its not picking it up in danzeff areas) it comes up as auth failed and says that it couldn't initialize. I can connect to the same PC fine using viewer on another PC with same port and pass. I am on the latest version of tight vnc. If i disable my pass it works fine.

hatrix
June 11th, 2007, 05:01
Hey zx-81, thanks a lot. I found out that it is actually cwcheat that is making it not to work. Now it is working fine just lagging quite badly. I have universal Palm keyboard. I changed the keymap to universal one keyboard and it works fine until i get to input password where it doesn't register any of the key inputs. I guess your danzeff keyboard is diff than what pikey is using.

edit: and actually after that one successful try, now I can't connect anymore : /
failed to initialize or getting stuck at the connecting screen after the password, or right at the password screen

tyranos
June 12th, 2007, 00:41
@hatrix
i think u should disable pikey first as pspvnc supports the keyboard on its own , so it doesnt need pikey , the keyboard is activated after u connect i think

dont forget to edit the keymap folder and the pspirkeyb.ini file in the pspvnc folder

hatrix
June 12th, 2007, 03:16
Unfortunately, it is still doing the same thing I described in the previous post even if I have all plugins disabled

T_T

Am I the only one with problems for 3.40OE?

Unicorn
June 13th, 2007, 15:55
try to disable all plugins you had enabled ... and see if it works or not. On my 3.03-OE it works fine, but there is may be an issue with 3.40 ? :confused:

I have tested by myself, and it works perfectly, without issue. Maybe some of you have a bad network configuration, or you dont have the correct port opened.
Just explain when PSP crashes, any error? black screen?

My configuracion:
PSP 3.40 OE-A
Portable VNC on GAME folder (using GAME150 for 1.50 kernel)
WiFi WEP protected, and port opened on my Linksys router.

hatrix
June 14th, 2007, 06:29
It freezes at the password screen, right after I put the password in, then press DOWN arrow. The screen won't change and I can't do anything except shutting my psp down.

Either that would happen or it will go to the next screen and says cannot initialize.

ProPwner
July 9th, 2007, 04:23
I keep getting this error it says -1/116 can anyone help?

zx-81
July 9th, 2007, 08:34
I keep getting this error it says -1/116 can anyone help?

it might be due to incompatibility between pspvnc and your VNC server version ... Or you didn't specify the good password etc ...

ProPwner
July 10th, 2007, 00:49
It doesnt even let me put in my password. Also i have a compatible version.

zx-81
July 10th, 2007, 09:09
It doesnt even let me put in my password. Also i have a compatible version.

Did you specify the right IP and port number (5900 or 5901, depending on your display ID) ?

ProPwner
July 11th, 2007, 01:53
Yeah i did.

Aintaer
July 13th, 2007, 04:52
Try using DHCP instead of a static IP connection.

ProPwner
July 14th, 2007, 18:39
I think it is my firewall. It is a norton firewall. Anyone know how to get passed it?