PDA

View Full Version : Myst Coming to Nintendo DS

JKKDARK
June 8th, 2007, 23:57
via GameGuru (http://www.gameguru.in/adventure/2007/08/myst-coming-to-nintendo-ds/)

Midway Games has revealed that Myst will find its way to the Nintendo DS. The graphic adventure computer game was first developed by Cyan Inc. and was released for the Macintosh computer on September 24, 1993.

Myst Overview:

Unlike most adventure games, Myst offers no inventory, no death, and no dialogue. Although puzzles don’t seem to have much direct connection to the game, they share a commonality. They take on many forms but follow a consistent thread. Some puzzles are very challenging, even obtuse, creating an odd paradox: many buy Myst, but few complete it. It is immensely popular, but most nonadventurers quit in frustration. Fortunately, Myst’s popularity has spawned several online sites for hints, walk-throughs, and even saved games.

The source code for the DS has been re-written distinctively for the handheld. There is an all NEW Age, the RIME AGE, to explore and the video and the audio have been re-mastered. They have also added new sounds, effects, and video clips.

Myst has been developed by Cyan Worlds and will release for the Nintendo DS in November 2007.

kcajblue
June 9th, 2007, 00:11
myst is a very boring game.

Hyrule_boy
June 9th, 2007, 00:58
myst is a very boring game.
That's an opinion not a fact! You should say "Myst is very boring in my opinion" Saying it as its a fact makes you look stupid in this case. Anyway I will try this game out once it's released. I never tried a myst game before while I bought one along time ago. :rofl:

F2bnp
June 9th, 2007, 09:09
I don't like it either but it created a whole new genre,you can't say it's not good because you don't like it ;)

naruto777
June 9th, 2007, 11:09
Sounds very interesting. This may be a challenge, because I've completed over 50 games for the DS by now...

ShinMike
June 9th, 2007, 16:45
nah.. that game is awesome.

Junixx
June 9th, 2007, 17:38
I wish The Journeyman Project games would be remade :(

Aratsu
June 9th, 2007, 18:34
YES! Riven would be great a bit down the road, if Myst does well on the DS.

kcajblue
June 9th, 2007, 20:44
That's an opinion not a fact! You should say "Myst is very boring in my opinion" Saying it as its a fact makes you look stupid in this case. Anyway I will try this game out once it's released. I never tried a myst game before while I bought one along time ago. :rofl:i didnt say it as a fact.
it should have been clear that i said it as my opinion.
saying that makes you look stupid in this case. ;)

I don't like it either but it created a whole new genre,you can't say it's not good because you don't like it ;) i didnt say it wasnt good because i dont like it.
i just said the game is boring.

Hyrule_boy
June 9th, 2007, 22:43
i didnt say it as a fact.
it should have been clear that i said it as my opinion.
saying that makes you look stupid in this case. ;)

Are you retarded or what? you said it as if it was a fact. If you want to state something as your opinion you've to say "in my opinion".

kcajblue
June 9th, 2007, 22:48
not really.
if i wanted to say it as a fact i would have said its scientifically proven that myst is a very boring game.

you should have gotten the fact that i said it as my opinion.

Tennisgy
June 10th, 2007, 00:43
Why would you have to say "its my opinion" it should be obvious -_- Why do you think kindergarten teachers give like a trillion worksheets on true and false statements?

Anyways, it is a very boring game. To show how boring it is, my 76 year old dad thought it was a slow paced adventure game. yawn, boring~!

kcajblue
June 10th, 2007, 01:12
thank you tennisgy,
this is a forum hyrule.
a place to say what we think about whats posted.

Basil Zero
June 10th, 2007, 19:08
I havent even played the PSP version, is this a puzzle game?

kcajblue
June 10th, 2007, 19:15
basically.
you just go around the myst world place whatever it is solving puzzles.
there isnt any enemies and you cant die.

Sonicboy 101
June 10th, 2007, 19:31
basically.
you just go around the myst world place whatever it is solving puzzles.
there isnt any enemies and you cant die.

Sounds boring.

kcajblue
June 10th, 2007, 20:16
it is boring.
but im going to give this game a try.
who knows? it might somehow be fun on a ds.

F2bnp
June 10th, 2007, 20:24
This is an adventure game.In adventure games you DON'T go killing people,it is a puzzle solving genre.For me it's not boring.Well I think Myst is boring too,but that's MY opinion.It created a whole genre,the first person adventures,which is really cool.