PDA

View Full Version : Sony: We don't see need for 80Gb PS3 in Europe

Triv1um
June 11th, 2007, 16:36
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165672)

"...at the moment we don't see a requirement for launching this version in Europe. Certainly not in the foreseeable future", says SCEE CEO David Reeves

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO and president David Reeves has come out and said there's no chance we'll see the 80Gb PS3 released in Europe any time soon.

"As for the 80Gb console, there are markets like Korea where there's very high broadband penetration and the people there are used to downloading content, so they require a certain size hard drive. But at the moment we don't see a requirement for launching this version in Europe. Certainly not in the foreseeable future", Reeves has explained (http://www.mcvuk.com/opinion/32/The-PS3-powers-on)

In an article appearing on MCV, he mentioned too that PS3 sales have just topped the 1 million mark in PAL territories, with the UK making up around 25 percent of those sales, and spoke about the fate of the 20Gb machine (remember that?) - "I can confirm that it's highly unlikely that the 20Gb version will be launch in PAL territories", he said.

Finally, he touched on the online service battle with Microsoft, explaining that Sony doesn't have its eyes "on the competition in any way".

"In terms of registered PlayStation Network users, we're at around the 460,000 mark, which we're very happy about. We have about about 100 pieces of content online in PAL territores. And we've achieved that in 10 weeks", Reeves informed.

"I don't feel competing with Xbox Live; we feel we're in a different stadium. And with the introduction of Home at Christmas, we're going in a completely different direction with something very entertaining."

mcdougall57
June 11th, 2007, 17:36
all i can say is - wish i had one

£400 sony dam u to hell !!!!!

Sonicboy 101
June 11th, 2007, 17:36
all i can say is - wish i had one

£400 sony dam u to hell !!!!!

Indeed.

Basil Zero
June 13th, 2007, 01:28
Why bother, when you self upgrade it

A co-worker at my workplace has his PS3 have 120gb.