PDA

View Full Version : [Apple] BOOM! welcome leopard!

Accordion
June 12th, 2007, 11:42
Head over to http://www.apple.com/ to take a look at the next version of Mac OS X 'Leopard'

there are loads of features with video demos, and the keynote for the WWDC '07 on there as well.

highlights:

id shows off what looks like 'motorstorm' 2.

EA anounces simultaneous release for their games on all systems...including mac.
Stacks no more desktop clutter...ever

quicklook is announced, enabling real previews of pdf, keynote, text, word, excel, photo, and video etc within the finder, without launching any applications.

Safari 3 beta available for Mac OS, XP, and Vista. offering the fastest browser for all three OS

Time Machine
saying "BOOM" alot, and then saying it some more.

making fun of Ballmer...always good.

hooray!
Boom

b8a
June 12th, 2007, 12:43
It's just too bad that I won't be able to buy a new Mac any time soon. I hate buying OSs, but from a developer stand point, Leopard is looking like a must have. Safari for Windows is an unexpected surprise. It'll be nice to finally be able to say "Safari is the best browser. Period." (Although, unfortunately not enough people will listen. If they ever do it'll make web development trivial) On top of that, the promise of perhaps being able to build iPhone applications is pretty enticing.

Other than the development related features though, I'm not seeing anything worth drooling over in Leopard. I hate it when Apple tries to control how we use the Desktop, so hopefully Stacks will be completely optional... Won't know how useful any of the new features will actually be though until I actually get a chance to try them out. I would've never guessed how handy Expose actually is, but hey, in the end it's turned out to be pretty nifty and useful.

morninghead
June 14th, 2007, 04:12
I went over there and checked out that keynote speech. Well done. Leopard's looking really good. All the features that they've showed were great and the price is pretty good as well. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 15:06
Looking good. I'll definately be picking this up.