PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy v0.8 GB/GBC Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
June 12th, 2007, 16:32
Nutki (http://lameboy.ath.cx/) has updated Lameboy for the DS, which is a Gameboy/Gameboy Colour emulator.

Heres the news:

To celebrate Lameboy Devlog grand opening here comes new release featuring initial sound emulation. You cannot turn it off yet, but it always possible to turn it down by hardware volume control. Also you can forget about X button annoyance, just return to rom menu for autosave.

Changelog:

* fixed: GBC speed change did not work for some games (like Mario Bros Deluxe)
* fixed: interrupt priority
* fixed: corrected timers interrupt frequency
* fixed: tile in foreground color 0 is transparent
* added: preliminary sound emulation
* added: auto save on exit to rom menu

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

vincesecuricor2005
June 12th, 2007, 16:36
Nice, any word on wether the save will work on FAT system yet?

souLLy
June 12th, 2007, 16:43
I'm about halfway through Link's Awakening using the 0.7 version release, absolutely cracking stuff. Can't wait to see how this has been improved.

naruto777
June 12th, 2007, 16:46
OMG, with sound?! PWNSOME!!!

campbell00
June 12th, 2007, 16:56
Nice! Now al we need is perfect speed emulation. I dont know about anybody else, but when i play games that are for GBC only, like Donkey kong country or mario tennis, i get around 45 FPS

F2bnp
June 12th, 2007, 17:12
Sound is good,but it slows down the framerate in some games...

Harshboy
June 12th, 2007, 17:38
Back to playing Oracle of Seasons I go, WITH SOUND! Woo! Best program ever!

socalpunkroc
June 12th, 2007, 18:24
Lameboy with sound, Awesome! Thanks, I gotta go test this now. :)

RV2006
June 12th, 2007, 19:20
Woohoo!
It means I can get the full Tetris experince!!
(I love the tetris music!)

error101290
June 12th, 2007, 19:43
How do you load your save, after pressing x to create the .sav file. I didn't see anything in the readme about it.

I figured out how to do it, i feel stupid now. It would be nice to have a real time save feature

Harshboy
June 12th, 2007, 20:57
What game you trying to load? For Pokemon and Zelda all I do is do the real save (Like Press Start, Save) then wait like 1 sec and press X

kcajblue
June 12th, 2007, 20:59
very awesome.
keep up the good work!
i know im looking forward to future releases as is everyone else.

Smothermunchie
June 12th, 2007, 21:04
My favorite game of all time, next to Counterstrike, is Scrabble for the Gameboy Color.

I've imported it 3 times now from the U.K. and have paid as much as $65.00 for the cartridge each time.

For some reason, after a year or two of playing, the cartridge starts to constantly crash and it deletes all of my saved data so I have to go online and buy another.

It's a real joy to not worry about losing my high scores in Conundrum anymore. :)

Thank you Nutki!

Awesome, Awesome stuff!!!

zauberer
June 12th, 2007, 21:49
This is awesome, now with sound and hoping more improvement on it.

I've been testing and all the games I play are sounding perfect, nice work!

Keep going with this emulator, nice work!

souLLy
June 12th, 2007, 22:08
the sound is excellent by the way, it does sound messed up for a few seconds after you use the speedup feature, but otherwise it's mostly correct.

I'd love to see this with a nice interface or using the borders included with super gameboy compatible games.

dcemudos
June 12th, 2007, 22:26
OK,sound support! Thanks! :)
I'm gonna try it.

By the way, is it possible to add (green) color to old gameboy games?That would be nice...

Harshboy
June 13th, 2007, 02:07
Just for some suggestions, nothing big seeing as I already believe the emulator is 100% done in my opinion since it plays pokemon/zelda fullspeed with sound lol

1) No double sizing the screen. Looks horrible
2) Gameshark! All Emulators need cheat functions
3) Create a border around the games, simple, and adds to the emulator. Black space is boring
4) Create a nicer GUI on the bottom screen or just don't show info on the bottom at all, its annoying (not really lol, but i dont really like reading Saving...Ok and seeing stuff like save type 3, etc.)

Just my 2 cents. Great Emulator. I really hope you add the Gameshark and Border tho :D

Veskgar
June 13th, 2007, 04:26
This is great. I've been wondering why emulators were not released/updated as much on the DS.

Much respect to the author of this.

XDelusion
June 13th, 2007, 08:15
Amazing!

Bionic Commando Elite Forces has some graphical errors, but other than that, everything seems to be working really well!

XDelusion
June 14th, 2007, 00:43
Little Sound DJ appears to work!!!!!!

My prayers have been answered!

ApprentiSorcier
June 14th, 2007, 01:44
Lameboy is an example of a great project.

The author of this emulator has done an awesome job handling this.

What I particularly like about Lameboy is that, it did not get too ambitious at any stage of the production. Rather, Lameboy adopted all the graphical and gaming parts correct, then it got onto implementing sound features. Other projects have gone into sound features without solidly completing graphical sides, causing less completeness in some areas in the emulators.

Congratulations to the author of Lameboy, and I highly admire the quality effort put into this. The sound is amazing, and I hope that the next release will solidify the sound features even further!

FirePanic
June 14th, 2007, 13:47
cant wait to try this out

Homerun
June 14th, 2007, 15:14
Sweetness I really like 0.7 can't wait to try this one ^_^

FirePanic
June 15th, 2007, 02:33
my save doesn't work how do you do it?

Cheatsurfer
June 15th, 2007, 17:01
Nice, any word on wether the save will work on FAT system yet?

I use it on my Max Media Dock, playing it straight from the Max Media Player, and it works fine. (Once you patch the DLDI, easy as Pie. :mad: And if you don't know what DLDI is, don't ask,:mad: go to the Sticky thread that's <i>all</i> about it.):thumbup:

Btw, I love this program. FINALLY! SOUND! RealTime saves would be nice, but I'm sure that requires dedicated FlashMem on hardware, or some way for the .sav file to document the date/time.

Hyrule_boy
June 15th, 2007, 21:20
Wow much respect for the creator! His emulator was already ****ing great. And now he perfectly added sound. :O He defenitly rocks!!!

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:58
This is getting up there with Goomba Color in terms of quality now. Excellent emulator, great job.

turnerl
June 18th, 2007, 01:51
UNREAL! thanks

kralle
June 18th, 2007, 15:55
Little Sound DJ appears to work!!!!!!

My prayers have been answered!

I dont got full speed and the drums doesn't work.

Which version are you using?

crookedmouth
June 19th, 2007, 18:43
I have to say it again, awesome work! I've been playing a 4mb game. It's Dragon's Lair for GBC, it's so far a little fast. They tried to do a straight conversion of the arcade game and so far I'm very impressed.

Steely
June 19th, 2007, 22:53
Truly a great emulator. Updates are quick so I'm checking everyday, and there isn't much to improve now. Sound and speed is all I can think of. Now he can pretty much only add features, like linking(that would be a dream), or adding a template or something.

Steely
June 19th, 2007, 23:02
Truly a great emulator. Updates are quick so I'm checking everyday, and there isn't much to improve now. Sound and speed is all I can think of. Now he can pretty much only add features, like linking(that would be a dream), or adding a template or something.

wizardofcoz4126
June 21st, 2007, 09:22
To anyone who has a Max Media Player and a Max Media Dock: I need some help getting this emulator to work. I use the DLDI patcher v.32 to patch the .nds file and when I try to load it the top screen turns black and nothing else happens. I am using a Black DS Lite and a 2GB compact flash card.

pǝʇɹoʇsıp
July 3rd, 2007, 05:01
Amazing program, and a great update. I'm loving the sound :thumbup:

crookedmouth
July 3rd, 2007, 06:28
To anyone who has a Max Media Player and a Max Media Dock: I need some help getting this emulator to work. I use the DLDI patcher v.32 to patch the .nds file and when I try to load it the top screen turns black and nothing else happens. I am using a Black DS Lite and a 2GB compact flash card.

I use the same exact patcher and have no problems. For some programs you need Max Media Player v1.22. What kind of CF is it? What brand and speed?

Here is a pre-patched .nds file to test if it's your patching.

fook123
July 10th, 2007, 04:32
BEST DS PROGRAM EVA. along with quake ds of course.

The_Doom_Marine
July 11th, 2007, 23:03
Amazing. Simply just amazing, though the intro cutscene on zelda dx seems a tad slow but when i get into the game the sounds work fairly well. Now I have entertainment when I go on vacation :D