PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Robbers Get it with a Sword

Shrygue
June 12th, 2007, 19:46
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/big-brothers-are-awesome/ps3-robbers-get-it-with-a-sword-268121.php)

Most of the news lately about PS3 robberies have involved violence and/or tragedy. Well, not today. Two teenagers from Florida were able to beat a couple of robbers without getting a scratch on them.

Damian Fernandez and his sister were at home by themselves when knocking at the front door turned into two men trying to pry the door open. After picking some jewelry, they headed into Deanne's room where she was hiding in the closet. The robber found an empty Playstation 3 box and darted out of the room where Deanne's brother, a brown belt in Karate, was waiting for him and said:

"Once I saw him take off running back, I jumped off my (bunk) bed and I grabbed my sword ... and I just waited for him".

Damian said he lunged at him with his samurai sword, striking him in the chest. "He freaked out," Damian said.

The burgular ran out of the house, but was found by a K-9 police dog hiding behind a neighbor's palm tree. The second burgular hasn't been found. Even though nobody was hurt, the father of the two children was still concerned, saying, "If he would have had a gun, I could have lost one of my children".

acn010
June 12th, 2007, 22:44
thats pretty much sad... damn robbers, they cant get it.. :(

kcajblue
June 13th, 2007, 08:29
why would you want to go through the trouble of trying to steal a ps3.

and if i had a ps3 and i was home when it was about to be stolen.
i would have gotten my sword and/or other weapons and beat the shit out of the robber(s).