PDA

View Full Version : "My Wii is full" - A problem we will soon share

-Xandu-
June 13th, 2007, 07:44
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/06/nintendo_wii_channels_lg.jpg

8Bit Joystick has a very real problem on their hands, one we suspect will be affecting us in a week or two. See, their Wii is full from all the Virtual Console games they purchased. Since we like to cover Virtual Console games as well, we can understand where they're coming from. The solution, as you may already know, involves a lot of copying to the SD card slot and deleting the games from the Wii's included 512mb of space, freeing up those Channel slots.

Have any of you filled up, or come close to filling up, your Wii with Virtual Console games?

Read. (http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_my_wii_is_full.php)

Gold Line
June 13th, 2007, 07:53
i only have 1 VC game and thats mario kart 64. I was going to get zelda oot but i have that master quest disc so whats the point,

-Xandu-
June 13th, 2007, 08:10
i only have 1 VC game and thats mario kart 64. I was going to get zelda oot but i have that master quest disc so whats the point,

I got 3 games. Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. and Kirby.

I use a GC multi-disk for all the other games ;).

duckharding30
June 13th, 2007, 09:37
there should just be a virtual console channel which when clicked on expands to show what u have downloaded and keeps expanding as u get more VC games, would keep the main channel section neater looking maybe.

-Xandu-
June 13th, 2007, 09:43
there should just be a virtual console channel which when clicked on expands to show what u have downloaded and keeps expanding as u get more VC games, would keep the main channel section neater looking maybe.

They're not talking about the menu, it's the memory not the menu...

alienanthropologist
June 13th, 2007, 11:21
I only have about 4 games. Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros. Super Mario World. Mario 64 and Castlevania VI... So I still have plenty of space for when Goldeneye comes up!

bmemike
June 13th, 2007, 11:50
I haven't downloaded too many because I still have an NES and SNES and would rather play the games on the original consoles. I have downloaded some of the older Sega games, however.

I think the real issue will come from any online-enabled games and all the data that may need to be stored from that along with any downloadable content that Nintendo wishes to provide. It simply makes sense for them to expand their offerings into this area - not to "compete" with other consoles, but simply to take advantage of the obvious revenue streams that they're not currently exploiting right now.

hadrian
June 13th, 2007, 11:58
Most of my games are pc engine titles as I have most of the others on actual consoles and they just play so much better on their own consoles.

The King
June 13th, 2007, 12:19
its kinda hard to fill up that space since a lot of Nintendo fans naturally have the old consoles piled up in boxes some were

i know i do

steve520
June 13th, 2007, 16:19
I agree King I have basically all the old nintendo consoles with all the best games from that era. So my Wii isn't even close to filled up

cartmandude14
June 13th, 2007, 16:25
its kinda hard to fill up that space since a lot of Nintendo fans naturally have the old consoles piled up in boxes some were

i know i do

ya dude me too... i still go out and buy NES, SNES, and N64 games every once in a while... id honestly rather own the original than buy it off the wii shop

ICE
June 13th, 2007, 16:45
just wait until e3 because im willing to bet that they will give us a hard drive there.

mcdougall57
June 13th, 2007, 17:01
i doubt ill have this problem as i already have an n64,a sega megadrive and use the snes emulator on the psp. although i have two games super mario land 64 and this other turbographics game ive forgotten what its called. also how can you afford to fill it

i think a hard drive built into the stand would be a good idea what about you?

YourStillWithMe
June 13th, 2007, 18:07
I have a modded Wii, I'm not going to pay friggin 5 dollars for an NES title, 6 dollars for sega or even 10dollars for N64!!! Thats friggin retarded.

I have gameboy, sega, nes, and snes, all on my Wii for FREEEEEEEE!

ICE
June 13th, 2007, 18:14
I have a modded Wii, I'm not going to pay friggin 5 dollars for an NES title, 6 dollars for sega or even 10dollars for N64!!! Thats friggin retarded.

I have gameboy, sega, nes, and snes, all on my Wii for FREEEEEEEE!

better hope they dont start blocking modded wii's..

Baboon
June 13th, 2007, 19:55
better hope they dont start blocking modded wii's..

You dont need a modded wii to benefit from playing emulators/homebrew on the wii and nintendo cant really block it. :)

If you can play gamecube games on a wii (there hardly gonna block that) then you can play all gamecube hombrew (which includes snes, nes, genesis emus etc) via an sd card and a gc boot disc. :thumbup:

I've bought a few vc games though - street fighter 2 (cause its almost impossible to do the moves on a gamecube controller), bomberman 93 (which is a 5 player!) plus a few n64 games but for the all the other titles (non n64) you'd be better off going down the sd media laucher route. :)

Dee-Lite
June 13th, 2007, 20:10
There is a flaw of putting VC games on your SD card - it's not a solution to not having space on ur Wii memory - since you can't play the VC game direct from your SD card - you need to instal is back on to the Wii mem to play it! which is crappy...

Dee

-Xandu-
June 13th, 2007, 20:38
You dont need a modded wii to benefit from playing emulators/homebrew on the wii and nintendo cant really block it. :)

If you can play gamecube games on a wii (there hardly gonna block that) then you can play all gamecube hombrew (which includes snes, nes, genesis emus etc) via an sd card and a gc boot disc. :thumbup:

I've bought a few vc games though - street fighter 2 (cause its almost impossible to do the moves on a gamecube controller), bomberman 93 (which is a 5 player!) plus a few n64 games but for the all the other titles (non n64) you'd be better off going down the sd media laucher route. :)

They block you from going online, they don't brick the console or disable the chip. Just like what Microsoft did, they blocked you from going on XBOX live.

Baboon
June 13th, 2007, 20:57
They block you from going online, they don't brick the console or disable the chip. Just like what Microsoft did, they blocked you from going on XBOX live.

You dont need a chipped wii though to play sd card emulators. I dont see how Nintendo can tell if youve got gc emulators on your sd card?? ...if youve got a chipped wii then thats different (like what you said regarding banning if you have a soft moddded/chipped xbox), but surley they cant do anthing from booting a gc dvd?

Sousanator
June 13th, 2007, 21:59
I dont even have 1 vc game, since i just use the gc snes/n64/genesis emulator

plus, i still have those systems hooked up for the games that still work

zeromission80
June 14th, 2007, 05:05
Yeah i don't see the point in paying for these games again when i can use the emulators through the gamecube portion of the system with all the correct passwords and such. I don't think you people remember how much NES, SNES games were back then...... Yeah no thanks, plus were are the damn demos..... No betas NOTHING... I am a diehard NINTENDO fan, but i'm starting to see they maybe just a corporation bent on money. Anyway if there is no Harddrive at E3 then i'll never purchase a VC game, my Wii saves are over running my memory!!!!! :mad:

YourStillWithMe
June 14th, 2007, 05:45
I use the SD method via the Action Replay on the Gamecube. It is not as smooth as a softmod Xbox, but still is pretty phat. You guys go ahead and enjoy wasting space and $ on games you can buy on ebay for like a dollar :-)

Baboon
June 14th, 2007, 13:19
I use the SD method via the Action Replay on the Gamecube. It is not as smooth as a softmod Xbox, but still is pretty phat. You guys go ahead and enjoy wasting space and $ on games you can buy on ebay for like a dollar :-)

I dont really think the xbox is really ever going to be beaten for emulators ...plus mine sits nicely next to my wii for all my old skool emulation needs). :thumbup:

DPyro
June 14th, 2007, 16:37
My Wii is empty.....probably cause I don't play it. It just sits there, doing nothing...

bmemike
June 14th, 2007, 16:42
So I guess the moral of the story is that most people won't have any use for a Wii hard drive because of the lack of downloadable content that's not exclusively from the VC.

If we start getting full downloadable games, demos, trailers, etc. without being charged up the butt for them, maybe this will be a problem.

But for now, Nintendo isn't giving me any incentive to re-buy games on the VC that I still own in cartridge form and still have a console to play them on.

Man
June 15th, 2007, 02:04
Ya no dout that Modchips are the way to go. I love mine to bits!

Gold Line
June 15th, 2007, 02:08
nintendo needs to give a free! metriod 3 demo that would make my wii very very happy

mastersho
June 15th, 2007, 02:53
nintendo needs to give a free! metriod 3 demo that would make my wii very very happy

ok yeah! that would be soo cool!!!

maxipower90
June 20th, 2007, 04:08
i have two games DK country and mario kart 64, which i dont play im waiting for super metroid so i can finish it on that.