PDA

View Full Version : mapThis 0.5 video

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 21:25
Here is a short video of upcoming version of MapThis! [0.5] in action.

http://www.youtube.com/v/jcMtlEFCZSo
The 0.5 version should be available within a week or so.

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/MapThis_0_5_Video)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/MapThis_0_5_Video

buildit92
June 13th, 2007, 21:29
this is sick. but dont yell at me for saying this but this is also a map viewer right? and where do u get maps. i live in new jersy and i cant find maps for it. can someone help[ me out.

Bolemichel
June 13th, 2007, 21:29
very nice work!!!

Could you something say about creating your route? Is it more comfortable?

Who was creating the speach voices? ;)

parkermauney
June 13th, 2007, 21:37
Does that music play in the background the entire time?

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 21:38
buildit92 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=87265) you download maps from google/yahoo and others with provided software. I am sure NJ is covered very well (yes you can use it as map viewer)

Bolemichel (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=205039) the route are still created with gmdl, so I don't know if it's more comfortable.
The voice promts were generated with TTS software. Currently there are just ~10 different prompts, covering left/right/ merge, etc. but users can expand the library to any reasonable number of prompts, by reconfiguring gmdl tool and adding the corresponding mp3 recordings.

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 21:42
Does that music play in the background the entire time?
In that video the music is coming from a separate sourse, but you should be able to run your music and mapThis at the same time with, say, IRShell...

buildit92
June 13th, 2007, 21:47
sweet thanks alot. ive looked there but ill look again just to make sure. cause u made it so ur probley right about it.

pspfan
June 13th, 2007, 21:53
Wow, first off, looks very nice. I have some questions, though:

1. What are the "Speed Warning"s?? What do you do to get them? Is it just increasing speed fast, or what?

2. Also, how did the POI's get on the map? Is that part of the downloaded map, part of the GPS, or do you have to add POIs in yourself?

3. And how much space do the maps take (like for one city) on your memory stick?

4. Lastly, so does the PSP GPS unit pretty much work everywhere?

Anyway, like I said it looks great (haven't downloaded it till now, but I am tempted from that). Sorry for the dumb questions.

buildit92
June 13th, 2007, 22:05
i think i did it. i think ive download a map of my town. so ill downlaod the lastest mapthis and see if it works. oh and if u ever need anyone to beta test if u dont have anyone, and if i could ever get mapthis working, then id be happy to beta test for u.

blaz3d
June 13th, 2007, 22:46
This is great news! keep up the great work!

peace

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 23:03
Wow, first off, looks very nice. I have some questions, though:

1. What are the "Speed Warning"s?? What do you do to get them? Is it just increasing speed fast, or what?

2. Also, how did the POI's get on the map? Is that part of the downloaded map, part of the GPS, or do you have to add POIs in yourself?

3. And how much space do the maps take (like for one city) on your memory stick?

4. Lastly, so does the PSP GPS unit pretty much work everywhere?

Anyway, like I said it looks great (haven't downloaded it till now, but I am tempted from that). Sorry for the dumb questions.

1) You can set speed limit in configuration section. Once you exceed it you get a warning (in this video it was set to 35mph
2) you download them separately from google, yahoo,etc. with the tools provided
3)This depends on the level of detail you desire - a good city can take from 30 to 700Mb
4)yes, unless you live next to some secret base where they jam gps signals ;-)

pspfan
June 13th, 2007, 23:23
Thanks for the answers. 30-700MB...yikes. I hope the average is closer to the 30 than the 700...

buildit92
June 13th, 2007, 23:24
hey listen, ur mail box is full so im going to ask it here. are there anyother sites where i can downlaod v4 of mapthis. i would download here but it always has currpted links.

Russoxley187
June 13th, 2007, 23:38
I cant wait...
I have been waiting on this feature...
This will be an great addition to my show truck...

DarthPaul
June 13th, 2007, 23:57
Woah! mapthis is great. Sadly I can't use it..or at least I don't know how XD
I don't have any GPS receiver,I guess this will suck without one,right?

Gene
June 14th, 2007, 01:04
Thanks for the answers. 30-700MB...yikes. I hope the average is closer to the 30 than the 700...

The average is around 150ish for a good city sized map.

mafiaxxx
June 14th, 2007, 04:56
i cant seem to get this to work with ver 3.5 of my psp. any suggestions?? what am i doing wrong? i cant downgrade.

Gene
June 14th, 2007, 05:13
i cant seem to get this to work with ver 3.5 of my psp. any suggestions?? what am i doing wrong? i cant downgrade.

Sorry, but Mapthis! only works on firmwares that run homebrew and emulators.

devmas
June 14th, 2007, 05:16
Umm.... am I the only one that thinks it seems like a video game? I mean, the "Speed Warning" and "Bear Right" and the music... it has the presentation of a cool video game. (though unfortunately the music is not part of the program :))

I wish so badly that I could use this, as it'll make navigating New York City more fun somehow, but I don't have a GPS receiver...

AZImmortal
June 14th, 2007, 05:24
Do the voice prompts only work with the official PSP GPS receiver? Or do they also work with Holux receivers? I might have to remodify my cable with the stereo jack if it works with Holux receivers as well.

Goldfire
June 14th, 2007, 07:15
deniska, looking great! I have two requests if possible though.

1) Be able to change the speed warning limit on the fly.
2) Be able to put the POI's in on the fly, but, set icons for them. So say, I'm at maccas, and I want to put the fast food icon on my current location.

If you can do at least the first one, I'll gladly make a donation to you when my next pay comes in. (I'll still donate anyway :P MapThis! is a great program)

Waltrock
June 14th, 2007, 09:22
buildit92 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=87265)

Bolemichel (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=205039) The voice promts were generated with TTS software. Currently there are just ~10 different prompts, covering left/right/ merge, etc. but users can expand the library to any reasonable number of prompts, by reconfiguring gmdl tool and adding the corresponding mp3 recordings.

Is TTS-Software available for everyone?

Very nice work deiska! I can't wait until the new version releases.

Will the Sounds be available for all languages or do everyone has to download english routs?

LaMike
June 14th, 2007, 09:59
Very nice work!!:thumbup:

Is geoData for EU countries allready available?

JoQ
June 14th, 2007, 10:04
Nice work as always. I've been using Map This! for a while and there are two things i would like to have changed.
The line that is drawn to the goal, the white line, it's hard to see, i think you should change the colour of it?
And another thing, is it possible to get topspeed instead of average? (How is the speed working, is it correct shown, very precisely in km/h?)

Thanks for this great app!

Waltrock
June 14th, 2007, 10:06
Very nice work!!:thumbup:

Is geoData for EU countries allready available?

I don't think so...

In Germany it is not available... so will be the rest I think!

Mystheryman
June 14th, 2007, 11:47
Only denmark is avaible in Europe.
For all others you have to pay a lot of money.

But check: www.openstreetmap.org
Only the coverage isn't much good at all

loki192
June 14th, 2007, 12:06
My first post!

First of all - thanks Deniska for this great app!! Sony should be kissing your feet right now for generating such a market for the GPS-290!

Has stability been improved in 0.5??

I'm using Sony PSP-290.
I'm running 3.30 OE-A' with map this! 0.498 and the 2.71 prx's that came with the PSP290TEST prog. (I haven't had any issues with the negative longitude bug).

Everything works great for me except for pretty regular lockups.....very likely to happen when i zoom in and out....but sometimes even just driving along it freezes.

For example if I zoomed in and out while driving like you did in that video I'd be very likely to freeze up.

What open FW do all you use? should I try using 3.03 or something?? I WANT STABILITY!!!! :(

Sorry for such a big post and the questions - I'm still a psp newb

cybertai
June 14th, 2007, 14:05
The average speed was going down while the car is stopping at traffic ... hmm not sure about this, would'nt it be accurate if the average speed dont adds when the car stops ?

loki192
June 14th, 2007, 15:19
The average speed was going down while the car is stopping at traffic ... hmm not sure about this, would'nt it be accurate if the average speed dont adds when the car stops ?

Nah mate, avg speed = (distance)/(trip time)

so when you're stopped - distance stays the same while trip time gets larger, so avg speed goes down!

deniska
June 14th, 2007, 15:46
Has stability been improved in 0.5??

It seems more stable now - I did not have any lockups on loading maps for awhile..

deniska
June 14th, 2007, 15:50
Is TTS-Software available for everyone?

Very nice work deiska! I can't wait until the new version releases.

Will the Sounds be available for all languages or do everyone has to download english routs?
You can use TTS bundled with windows XP (Although vista is better) or your MacOS..
Or just use one of the online demos:
http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
You'll need to use some freeware program to convert your samples to mp3 though..

I'll bundle the release with just English samples - but I'm sure people would convert them to other languages if the need to...

Waltrock
June 14th, 2007, 16:24
Thanks for the link, it works great!

My question was about the possibility to download POI-Descriptions in different languages. Will they work or are the samples connected to words like "right", "left" or something?

Will it be possible to change the Soundfiles easily like the soundfiles you can change yet? Or will they be placed in the source-files?

I can't wait until you release the new version with audio-output :thumbup:

Codaz
June 14th, 2007, 16:49
Hmm i don't like the voice warnings, they come too late.

They come already on where you have to turn.

Maybe this is an option:

deniska
June 14th, 2007, 19:43
Thanks for the link, it works great!

My question was about the possibility to download POI-Descriptions in different languages. Will they work or are the samples connected to words like "right", "left" or something?

Will it be possible to change the Soundfiles easily like the soundfiles you can change yet? Or will they be placed in the source-files?

I can't wait until you release the new version with audio-output :thumbup:

If I remember correctly, google directions used by gmdl tool - always come in english, although them may contain local names in local language:
"Continue on Кремлевская наб"
The tool looks for phrases like "continue" and matchesh them to corresponding mp3 file...
So you can reconfigure it to "say" "continue" in your own language...
You have to "upload" your voice prompts to PSP togather with the route.

mymegamouth
June 14th, 2007, 22:10
Nice work deniska, will this release be nice and stable on 3.40 oe-a??? if so gr8!

Nylon32
June 14th, 2007, 22:40
Very impressive, I can't wait for the release , am I right in thinking the psp needs to be clocked at 333Mhz so that the mp3 playback doesn't suffer?

BarfHappy
June 14th, 2007, 23:24
Really looking forward to using it :P

The increased stability is good news to hear, i mostly use Sat+hybrid maps and that can create issues since they are usually bigger than 400MB.

obieone
June 15th, 2007, 08:19
Do the voice prompts only work with the official PSP GPS receiver? Or do they also work with Holux receivers?

Bolemichel
June 15th, 2007, 08:39
I believe it doesn't depend which kind of receiver you use.

But I wonder why I should need some TTS software. I would like to create my own language files with an Iriver H320 MP3 Player. This player has a microfone in to record you speech in mp3... so I rename the files to the original ones and change them...

I think this should work!? They must be longer than 1 sec although.

Waltrock
June 15th, 2007, 09:42
I believe it doesn't depend which kind of receiver you use.

But I wonder why I should need some TTS software. I would like to create my own language files with an Iriver H320 MP3 Player. This player has a microfone in to record you speech in mp3... so I rename the files to the original ones and change them...

I think this should work!? They must be longer than 1 sec although.

Of course this will work.

My question was about computer-generated voices, so I don't have to listen to myself ;)

If I download a map from maps.google.de, the description says "Links abbiegen auf Kaiserstraße" or something like this. So I have to download the english version I think. No problem for me ;)

Bolemichel
June 15th, 2007, 10:53
May be I should let speak my girl friend for smarter voices :)

But I don't think that street names could be mentioned in this new release. There will be only simple voices like right/left etc. Am I right?

Waltrock
June 15th, 2007, 11:20
You are right, of course.

My second part was about a further question of mine. It was hard to understand, my fault, sry...

Mystheryman
June 15th, 2007, 12:06
Of course this will work.

My question was about computer-generated voices, so I don't have to listen to myself ;)

If I download a map from maps.google.de, the description says "Links abbiegen auf Kaiserstraße" or something like this. So I have to download the english version I think. No problem for me ;)

let your girlfriend create some new voices ;)

Waltrock
June 15th, 2007, 12:24
let your girlfriend create some new voices ;)

would you REALLY get instructions from your girlfriend?

Sorry for that :rolleyes:

Mystheryman
June 15th, 2007, 18:02
would you REALLY get instructions from your girlfriend?

Sorry for that :rolleyes:

only the mp3 files ;)
Because you can get the instructions from your PSP ;)

Liquid Smoke
June 15th, 2007, 19:41
Can't wait for the release, one question though, will this get better and faster fixes? Because I'm thinking of selling my PSP-290 because it just takes really long to fix, so I want something to fix in a minute or so.

Mystheryman
June 15th, 2007, 20:53
My 290 fixes within a minute
sometimes it take 2 minutes.
But then I have the sat's fixed.

Which prx do you use?

Ursus
June 15th, 2007, 21:54
Hi Deniska,

I was wondering if the distance to the next voice command can be adjusted? From your video, it seems like the voice commands came on when ur almost reaching the intersection, which is not such big deal if you peek back at the map often, but if one wasnt paying attention I was wondering if the voice prompt can come out a little earlier by adjustments. Thanks. hope i didnt confuse you.

dreetje9
June 16th, 2007, 10:26
Deniska, this looks really nice, can't wait to use it.

Now I just need to buy the other cable, but what the heck, it's worth it :thumbup: .

troy1229
June 16th, 2007, 11:48
I can't wait to see the new version, thank deniska for your great work

Sinistar
June 16th, 2007, 18:07
It seems more stable now - I did not have any lockups on loading maps for awhile..

Yes!! I've had lockup problems with past versions. I hope this cures it for me, too :)

The new features look pretty nice, too.

nerd.geek
June 16th, 2007, 19:09
Cant wait for this version, keep up the GREAT work.. I'll say it again, this is one of the best homebrews out there... BY FAR !

Bzzoiro
June 16th, 2007, 22:58
Supports holux ? :)

r2000
June 17th, 2007, 02:33
Supports holux ? :)

There is no reason it does not.

Russoxley187
June 19th, 2007, 17:54
When do you plan to release the new version?
I just ordered my new cable... Hope it don't take too long...

sergemontreal
June 19th, 2007, 20:12
sweeeet !

I have a psp version 3.40 oe-a...
I want to get the psp-290 from hong-kong,
but I need to know if the gps AND Mapthis 0.5 will work on my psp !

so, does the psp-290 and mapthis 0.5 with voice will or will not wor on my psp version 3.40 OE-A ???? ( can play iso games..)

BarfHappy
June 19th, 2007, 22:30
sergemontreal:

bonjour (je regardais TVA tiens, c'est rigolo de voir un francophone),
Avec la version précédente .499, pas de soucis sur mon 3.40 OE-A avec le gps psp-290.
Il y a d'autres utilisateurs qui fréquentent ici et pour qui cela marche impecable à Hong Kong, donc tu ne devrais pas avoir de soucis.

And if you don't speak french (heck, that would be a misleading nickname and location info), then know that yes, mapThis + psp-290 are known to work on 3.40 OE-A and it can fix satellites in hong kong

sergemontreal
June 20th, 2007, 18:43
non non...je suis de montreal et mon nom est serge...dis-moi est-ce que tu habite montreal ?
peut-etre que tu pourais faire l' installation des map pour moi...

so, thanks BarfHappy for the quick response !
cant wait to see the new 0.5 version out !

ganagawo
June 22nd, 2007, 12:07
Hi Densika,

Iam planning to buy a psp with the firmware downgrade.:)
I order a gps module from HK. But i need the European software sofar, where can i get it. Later i put version 0.5 with voice on it. But whats the dload link?

Also what do i need more?

[email protected]

r2000
June 22nd, 2007, 15:18
Hi Densika,

Iam planning to buy a psp with the firmware downgrade.:)
I order a gps module from HK. But i need the European software sofar, where can i get it. Later i put version 0.5 with voice on it. But whats the dload link?

Also what do i need more?

[email protected]

Software is the same for anywhere in the world.
You mean you need European maps?
That you can download with GMDL.

BarfHappy
June 23rd, 2007, 11:55
Ehehe, non je n'habite pas Montreal mais j'aime bien le Quebec et mon epouse y a de la famille (et j'aime bien regarder la tv de la bas).

Sinon pour le GPS, si tu as des soucis, je t'aiderais.

And as said, all you really need is the GMDL (google map download) tool, it will transform the maps from google maps into maps usable by MapThis.

The wikibook is very complete and has links for what you ll need:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This

The direct tutorial for GMDL: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60230

i don't think you will need much more help than this :)

sergemontreal
June 24th, 2007, 00:43
ok cool !

thanks barfhappy!

I can wait to download mapthis 0.5!
does anyone know when the date ?:(

sergemontreal
June 26th, 2007, 17:39
ok...got the MAPTHIS 0.497 working on my psp.

i do have a few questions :

1 : I need to know how to do a `HOW TO GET ` kind of how to get to point a to point b...with the voice TURN LEFT and all that...

2 : the find location is not working for me...
it ask me the name of the street, city and a 5 digits postal codes...
I live in montreal, and the postal code looks like this ` H8P 3G6 `

3: instead of google map or yahoo...is it possible to take the map of `Microsoft Streets & Trips `
because the search engine is very easy to use...
( only type the postal code, and it will find the place

and does someone know when MAPTHIS 0.5 will be out ???

thanks a lot

pspryu101
June 27th, 2007, 01:59
i've been searchin but no luck...and do u really need the usgs_tiger file bcuz it's takin really long for me to download....can u help me out??and plus deniska when are u planning to release v.05?? i bought d new cable also... i'm soooooo excited!!! LOL!! :thumbup:

Liquid Smoke
June 29th, 2007, 14:38
Hi Deniska,

I was wondering if the distance to the next voice command can be adjusted? From your video, it seems like the voice commands came on when ur almost reaching the intersection, which is not such big deal if you peek back at the map often, but if one wasnt paying attention I was wondering if the voice prompt can come out a little earlier by adjustments. Thanks. hope i didnt confuse you.
i think i have the latest ones. the 3.40 one and something else i forgot, but its the ones that come with the MapThis Unofficial version

brammy
July 4th, 2007, 15:06
i hope it is coming soon :)
im going to vacation friday
It would be nice if there is a new version out :)

Greetings bramy

taspankya
July 7th, 2007, 01:05
deniska, whats the status with mapthis! 0.5 ? i have been stuck with the "un-official mapthis!" for too long. cant wait to replace it with the official.

PSPNub
July 7th, 2007, 06:54
deniska, whats the status with mapthis! 0.5 ? i have been stuck with the "un-official mapthis!" for too long. cant wait to replace it with the official.

Hey, I was having trouble too with the previous versions, so try this file I'm using that someone posted. The file is for PSP 3.40 oe & the SONY psp-290 GPS:
http://rapidshare.com/files/41482389/3.40oe_and_psp-290.rar

bastef
July 7th, 2007, 16:18
alright so apparently, I have been a member of this website since 2005 and I didn't even know about it until I looked back for the map this .5.

after reading countless website about how to install mapthis! and I was able to get it to work :) thanks for the Dude who posted the .prx files for the 3.40oe on this website on some forum. without I think I would still be stuck right now. Deniska thanks for the great program. right now I am in Hiroshima japan and I am about to undertake a masive amount of traveling around japan starting next week-end for 10. I bought the GPS-290 reciever yesterday after I saw a video on youtube. great stuff yo I can't wait to get my hands on the .5 version since I am runing the .4999_beta

Couple of questions though
1) I downloaded the map of Hiroshima (84mb) and I was riding the train by the atomic bomb when I got a negative Altitude?? maybe I was really underwater for a short time.

2)it takes a while for the GPS to lock on ( usual I guess) but I have to be stand at the same place for like 10 minutes ortherwise I will never get a lock on.ex I had to stand in front of a store for like 10 minute before the blue arrow showed up. Gps detected like 6 satelite but it still took me like 10 minutes. is this normal???

3) let's say I live in chicago (I have like a 800mb of the whole city map) and let's say I want to go st. Louis. ( for which I also have the map of the whole city).

4) oh yeah, about the zoom for the map; I have just download a huge map of hiroshima. on the google map I can zoom until I see the actual shape of the houses around. but on my PSP I can only see up to the smallest street but not the shape of the house. do you know guys know how can I make so that I get the whole thing... don't really worry about space. I just upgrade from 2gb to 4gb memory. one for my days use and one for GPS.
so I have the 2 maps, how do I download the HIghway 55?? I mean how do I connect the 2 maps. don't tell me that I am going to have to download a (1.6gb) map of the 2 city as once and just unselect the area that I don't need along the high way?????
I would like to know how this is done.
thanks
sorry for the long message

FatesWebb
July 9th, 2007, 14:41
wouldnt that simply mean you are below sea level?

bastef
July 9th, 2007, 14:47
wouldnt that simply mean you are below sea level?

hahah no not really I don't think so. but anyway new question. is it just me or the PSP-290 really suck at reception. I mean it take forever to lock-in and on top of that it loses connect when I walk like right next to a building..?
Is there a way to make the reception better??? and also make the lock in faster.???

Edit: oh yeah how many satelite do you need to be connected on in order to get a lock on??? someimtes I have like 2 satelite and nothing happen.....??

Denisottawa
July 10th, 2007, 06:11
Originally Posted by bastef
"I was riding the train by the atomic bomb "

What does it mean? In Hiroshima?
Buddy, are you alive?:confused:

pldrummerboy
July 10th, 2007, 08:26
hello deniska,

first of all thanks and congrats for all the great things you have given to us. I have question, am I doing something wrong if it takes at least three days to download a map thats 400mb in size?? also you have probobly had this question a million times but when are you realeasing map this v0.5? and where would be the best place to download it from?

I hope you find the time to reply to me.
thankyou.

bastef
July 10th, 2007, 14:00
What does it mean? In Hiroshima?
Buddy, are you alive?:confused:

hahah yes I am alive, I should be back in the states in about 15 days or so... was doing some research at Hiroshima Institue of Technology.
Well anyway, today I have found out that lowering the CPU speed to 111 increase the reception by lot... by a lot I am like superbebly awesomelly a lot. before I was complain about get little or no connection. I was getting one bar and connecting to at most 3 satellite. After reading Deniska's post about how to improve the reception all thos stuff about the CPU creating nose. I tested it on my way to school. and it worked. I got like 4 bars and even 5. when I rided by the atomic bomb dome.. I still had reception. the only time I lost reception was when the train stopped at a station that a brigde over it.. ( bridge made of brick).

so yeah now the only thing left is to have mapthis! 0.5 before I come back to the states. haha. thanks for the great work man.

google888
July 12th, 2007, 07:32
Where is my Mapthis 0.5~~ i have waited for over 1month,55555555

Codaz
July 12th, 2007, 15:22
Isn't coming until Deniska has time to make new compatibility with new receivers.

Hmm i don't like that but we'll have to live with it.

deniska
July 13th, 2007, 05:29
Sorry folks, I got carried away with another project..
It's a port of a game.. I'd like to enter it in to Neo Summer Compo.. It's a good tradition. Plus sometimes it's good to take a brake from working on a same thing...
Meanwhile I do make small compatibility changes to MapThis, so please hold on a bit longer...
as I am almost done with the game port...

atari800
July 13th, 2007, 07:10
Its not .50 but it may let Deniska get a breather
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=32

remember - he is working for free on this - he must do something else to pay this internet bill

heck - he is from Krypton - give him a break :rofl:

Cheers yall
/|\ t a r i

minli00
July 16th, 2007, 17:34
Hi, everybody. I appreciate every minute of your time and effort that you donate to the PSP and map this. Finally My psp-290 works on my Map this 0.499 with V3.03oe-c. Locked satellites in 3-5 min. but I dont know how to lower the cpu speed to 111 for increasing the reception. Of course I can change the cpu speed to 222 under map this menu. Thanks.

troy1229
July 16th, 2007, 19:24
Take your time, deniska. we really appreciate what you have done.

deniska
July 16th, 2007, 19:45
Hi, everybody. I appreciate every minute of your time and effort that you donate to the PSP and map this. Finally My psp-290 works on my Map this 0.499 with V3.03oe-c. Locked satellites in 3-5 min. but I dont know how to lower the cpu speed to 111 for increasing the reception. Of course I can change the cpu speed to 222 under map this menu. Thanks.
On gps info screen you can select 111 frequency by pressing the up/down arrows

DennyPSP
July 17th, 2007, 09:12
To deniska

Priva...Skagi na 3.40 OE inogda karta c google visnet pri zapuske eto normalno? prosto na 3.03 stabilnei rabotaet 0.499 versia

pspryu101
July 17th, 2007, 15:15
any updates about the v.05?? wen's release??

eothraim
July 18th, 2007, 19:11
Hi Deniska:

I have one question?
You will include languages in mapthis sometimes?:confused:

greetings (Google traductor jeje:thumbup: )

Codaz
July 19th, 2007, 00:56
In fact, the languages are already present. You just have to translate it yourself. See the language files in 04.99 mapthis rar file.

jpbp
July 20th, 2007, 06:15
not to be rude or anything but whats happening to mapthis .5 release
u said it be release in about a week or so
but anywayz i came by to say thankz for your hard work Deniska i really appreaciate [its the best app ive tried since Devhook .51 with CSo wifi cache]

Also is there any place i can find a great tut on getting all the points of interest {Food places to be exact}of NYC????

nuclear_j
July 24th, 2007, 01:57
not to be rude or anything but whats happening to mapthis .5 release
u said it be release in about a week or so
but anywayz i came by to say thankz for your hard work Deniska i really appreaciate [its the best app ive tried since Devhook .51 with CSo wifi cache]

Also is there any place i can find a great tut on getting all the points of interest {Food places to be exact}of NYC????

Chillax Buddy. All in due time.

taspankya
July 24th, 2007, 05:30
Sorry folks, I got carried away with another project..
It's a port of a game.. I'd like to enter it in to Neo Summer Compo.. It's a good tradition. Plus sometimes it's good to take a brake from working on a same thing...
Meanwhile I do make small compatibility changes to MapThis, so please hold on a bit longer...
as I am almost done with the game port...

i can wait... just was concerned that you had pulled a 'dark alex' :D ... good luck on your hex-a-hop entry, i watched the you tube video, looks fun.

psouto
July 24th, 2007, 15:04
Hi! I know i'm stupid (:mad: why did I upgrade to 3.51???)

I have the official GPS and the 3.51 version, does the mapthis works with my envirnoment?

Can anyone tell me when and how I can donwgrade?

Regards,

PSOUTO

nuclear_j
July 24th, 2007, 18:28
Hi! I know i'm stupid (:mad: why did I upgrade to 3.51???)

I have the official GPS and the 3.51 version, does the mapthis works with my envirnoment?

Can anyone tell me when and how I can donwgrade?

Regards,

PSOUTO

How? You cannot. When? 3 - 6months

Ursus
August 6th, 2007, 21:05
Any updates on the V5.0?

deniska
August 6th, 2007, 21:31
0.5 is going through internal testing and should be release really soon...

harryohh
August 6th, 2007, 23:31
That's good to hear.

google888
August 7th, 2007, 12:27
Nice work Deniska, all of us expecting the exciting time coming!!!

Codaz
August 7th, 2007, 18:45
Great !

Are all the features provided by Atari800, Nieko and MIB there ?

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 01:05
http://www.youtube.com/v/z0RQRtTMbtk

Russoxley187
August 9th, 2007, 01:26
what a tease...
Looks great...

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 02:35
GREAT !

What's with the Voice prompts, are they still there ?

And what for PSP mount do you use deniska with the PSP-290 version ?

Where is the Holux receiver i can't see it ?

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 03:48
I used the arkon mount that attaches to a vent (came bundled with gpslim 236)
It does not work well with psp-290, but...
The holux receiver is behind the odometer panel - you can see the cable going to it...

seroxeno
August 9th, 2007, 09:03
What is the source of the 3d view show in video?. Its vectorial or you can get from one web mapping provider like google maps like now.

Nevertheless looks nice.

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 14:51
it's regular image tiles from google of elsethere..

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 15:01
Hopefully a little factory is making psp-290 extender cables. I tried to make one but it failed.

masc
August 9th, 2007, 20:04
Oh my gosh.
Now i want 0.5 ASAP :D

It really really looks great, can't wait to test it on my own.

jpbp
August 10th, 2007, 06:20
Will the 3D features work with the Psp-290?????

and also thanx for the great work you are makin Deniska
this is officially the best psp app (If u Drive :) )
the 0.5 Video with the 3d look awsome

george224
August 10th, 2007, 06:37
the video shows the app working with the psp-290 when it shows the regular colors of mapthis but that is an amazing app good job deniska.

ejv21
August 10th, 2007, 09:12
I THINK I JUST CAME ON MYSELF.............OMGOMGOMGOMG I CANT WAIT!$!%$!_(i!)(%i)!(i .1%)(*!)(@% AMAZING WORK.

dartpsp
August 10th, 2007, 18:07
Looks Good! Thanks for the update info.

3 questions:

1. Sony GPS or Holux? (which model of Holux)

2. Are Extra cables needed? or just reccommended. For which unit are cables needed (does one cable work for both "brands" of GPS device?

3. Is there a work around so I can use just one GEOdat file for all my California area maps (to save space on my mem-stick) instead of having the same Geodat file in multi-map folders?

Thanks for any info you can provide ... I've been waiting for Sony to release the GPS decive here in the States but no word on that :-( So now I just want to know which is the best unit to get to work with MapThis.

deniska
August 10th, 2007, 18:20
Looks Good! Thanks for the update info.

3 questions:

1. Sony GPS or Holux? (which model of Holux)

2. Are Extra cables needed? or just reccommended. For which unit are cables needed (does one cable work for both "brands" of GPS device?

3. Is there a work around so I can use just one GEOdat file for all my California area maps (to save space on my mem-stick) instead of having the same Geodat file in multi-map folders?

Thanks for any info you can provide ... I've been waiting for Sony to release the GPS decive here in the States but no word on that :-( So now I just want to know which is the best unit to get to work with MapThis.

1-I'd go with holux gpslim240
2-you need to make/buy a cable for holux - it's required. Sony's psp-290 does not require a cable, but it's recommended to make an extention cable to distance the unit from PSP in order to get better reception.
3 there is no geodata workaround just yet, but i may throw one in.. i.e. if geodata file not found in map's directory, check the top folder.

dartpsp
August 10th, 2007, 18:34
Thank you VERY much for the FAST reply!!

the GeoDat "workaround" would be SWEET ... and would Save a lot of space on my card. I currently have different areas of CA, USA maps and I have the Geodat file in each folder (waste of space).

If you did the work around like you mentioned would you be able to put more than one geodat (for different areas) in "the top folder" or would the "top folder" be like this

Map Folder - "California" (location of One CA Geodat file)
Sub Folders(with area maps)
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco

Map Folder - "Nevada" (location of One NV Geodat file)
Sub Folders(with area maps)
- Las Vegas
- Reno

Would something like that work?

kamatschka
August 10th, 2007, 19:01
YYAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII! Deniska... -> I <3 U ;-)

but the CarMount looks kinda unstable.. Especially when the PSP-290 is mounted! :D

I recommend the Arkon VG935 CarMount...

Here is the Link to the Thread with some pics on Page 1 and 2
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54856

but the pseudo 3D looks really great....

One question... Why is the Map background of your map black instead of normal white/green..

Is this another new feature to invert colors?! :D

Did you implement the Automatic Zoom?! I mean when you drive faster and slower is the Zoom automatically changeing?!
That would be also a really good feature....... !

I can't say that enough...... grandious work as always... 29410249813 x ThumbsUP !!!! :thumbup:

And I wanted to say... Release this shit... I cannot wait anymore....!! :D

TheCrow93
August 10th, 2007, 21:11
Hello,

Just a question.

What is better the GPS from sony or the HOLLUX GPS ??

And if I buy the HOLLUX GPS can I use a normal USB cable to link to psp ? or I can only use the cable with the AUDIO and REMOTE plug (input), With a audio output and a mini USB at the other side ??

And it's work perfectly with the psp ??

Tanks

dartpsp
August 10th, 2007, 21:39
THE CROW93 -

This was posted just 3 post before yours. I think it answers your question.

1-I'd go with holux gpslim240
2-you need to make/buy a cable for holux - it's required. Sony's psp-290 does not require a cable, but it's recommended to make an extention cable to distance the unit from PSP in order to get better reception.
3 there is no geodata workaround just yet, but i may throw one in.. i.e. if geodata file not found in map's directory, check the top folder.

seumouman
August 11th, 2007, 13:26
Hello All,:thumbup:

I'm new on forum.
First great thanks to Deniska for this wonderful job.

I used MAPTHIS 0.499 with PSP custome firw 3.40OEA.
Some times it freeze and PSP shutdown itself.
But if i use zoom...slowly, it's ok.

For PARIS guy i created a new MAP (bigger than usual _PARIS map) aroud 300Mo...so if you'r interested.

Also for this area i did this "custom" to easier understanding on the MAP about camera (there is too "official" icon about Macdo and Quick POI).

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/ScreenPSP.png

My question is about WARNING, we have visial information when we trought POI can we have VOCALE Alerte (x Min or X meter) before "impact"?

THANK for all again

Cpl. Stoned
August 11th, 2007, 16:47
Hm, I got a question... If the Holux requires a cable that plugs into the headphones jack, do we need a new cable to get the voice command sounds? Just curious =X (My dad is planning on getting the GPS when .5 comes out >> he wants voice commands lol)

Thanks in Advance.

kamatschka
August 11th, 2007, 17:16
@ Cpl. Stoned...

You can Solder additionally a 3,5mm AudioPlug to the RemoteCable so you can get the Speech stuff out of that.. Thats really easy..

Cpl. Stoned
August 12th, 2007, 04:34
hm... I've been searching around the site and I noticed the Pre-made Cables that Deniska posted. It was the GHPSP or something like that? That one doesn't require you to get the audioplug right? You just plug a speaker into it?

kamatschka
August 12th, 2007, 10:42
yes.. with the GHPSP you do not need to solder anything... just plug it in... But if you want to safe some money or you have fun with soldering then you can make the Cable on your own... thats not really difficult...

Here a picture of what I mean... you can solder this cable like this with the 3,5mm Stereo Audio Plug on your own!

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ghpsp.jpg

Thargalt18
August 12th, 2007, 13:32
Hello all !

Deniska, many thanks for what you do! its very cool ! ;)
But will the psp-290 be comptatible with map this 0.5 ? Because most of users have de psp-290 (has me ^^).

seumouman im interst about your Map, can u upload it please ?
Thanks a lot !

google888
August 13th, 2007, 09:09
Hello Deniska, recently i got one strange idea want to share with u, i used to try Tomtom Navigation system, that's awesome!!! Is it possible that mapthis could read or simulates tomtom's map information,if this can be done, PSP would become a really great navigation hardware, i checked serveral PDAs, the cpu speed are similiar with PSP, even worse, they still can read tomtom maps and obtaining navigation service........

seumouman
August 13th, 2007, 18:15
Hello all,

The PARIS MAP with POI is available now at this address:

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/semouman_MAP_ile_de_france.rar

Have a nice day all.

waichai
August 13th, 2007, 18:22
hi all, thank deniska for ur works, i wonder when the mapthis 0.5 is going to be released, i can't wait anymore after watch the video. and thank in7ane for the GMDL tool.

seumouman
August 13th, 2007, 18:34
Hi Deniska.

I see that tool like POI warner could be add a lot of option to any GPS if runing with Windows OS.
Is PSP can use this tools?

Regards

nuclear_j
August 13th, 2007, 20:27
WOW that video was cool with the 3-d stuff. I cannot wait! This is gonna be huge when it drops!

JoHnny2345
August 13th, 2007, 21:42
A question:will the new colors (Black and Orange) be abble to use with PSP-290, too?deniska?

Codaz
August 13th, 2007, 23:07
Yes, but Deniska didn't show that in the video.

The nightviewmode is GPS independant, so it doesn't matter which GPS you connect. It's just an image remember ;)

Deniska, did you already finish the 290 wifi module for use with WPA secured networks ?

hiddensphinx
August 14th, 2007, 03:30
Man 0.5 look hot

I can't wait :)

JoHnny2345
August 14th, 2007, 10:54
Is here someone from Germany?Because i want to know if i can use the PSP-290 there, too?!

Savaage
August 14th, 2007, 11:52
Hey Deniska,
First and foremost, thank you. I finally got my 290 gps this week, and it has worked like a dream! I get a strong signal within 15 seconds. I have been waiting for the GPS to release in the States, but to no avail, and ive shown EVERYONE MapThis and especially version .5, ... ok, now some suggestions, (keep in mind im new to this, so forgive me if you've heard these already)

1) Screenshot - Would it be possible when taking a screenshot, rather than saving it in the mapviewer folder, creating a folder in PSP/PHOTO/ so for example i can view the screenshot right from my PSP. I just thought that would be utilizing the PSP's picture viewing capabilities to the max

2) Ability to play Mp3's from within MapThis... - Ive been reading the forums and I think ive seen some talk about this through the use of IrShell, but alas, I am not familiar with IrShell so that is something i need to research further.

3) What is the Wifi enabler thing about?

I am still trying to figure out how to get turn by turn directions, so any help on that would be great as well!

Again, thank you for one of the greatest homebrew apps in PSP, or console history!
-Savaage

mrjingles
August 14th, 2007, 12:20
Is here someone from Germany?Because i want to know if i can use the PSP-290 there, too?!
hi, i'm from germany, i got the psp-290 and it works just fine for me here. i have already used it all over germany and i'm right now working on the DIY extension cable (just having a hard time getting spring pins).

JoHnny2345
August 14th, 2007, 12:41
OK!!!Thank you very much!!Now i will mayne buy it!But... must i also hava a DIY extension cable?And why?

Codaz
August 15th, 2007, 00:03
hi, i'm from germany, i got the psp-290 and it works just fine for me here. i have already used it all over germany and i'm right now working on the DIY extension cable (just having a hard time getting spring pins).

Can you make a tutorial ? Where did you buy the normal mini usb extension cable ?

You can obtain spring pins from an old watch strap or something.

Codaz
August 15th, 2007, 00:05
Deniska, is everything on scedule for release on 17th August :D ??

deniska
August 15th, 2007, 04:22
I'll do my best.. currently there is a bug hanging the program on certain long routes...

dartpsp
August 15th, 2007, 14:44
Hey Deniska -

I'm sure you get all kinds of questions about what GPS devices work and what doesn't ... add this one to that list of questions ;-)

I'm wanting to buy a GPS device from a local retailer and can't seem to find anyone (local) that carries the Holux ones)

I did find this one at the local Fry's Electronics store and was wondering if you had any idea if it might work with map this or not.

It's a "AmbiCom's GPS Navigation USB Receiver"
here is a link with spects and such.

http://www.ambicom.com/products/gps/gps-usb.html

If it's not to much trouble can ya take a look and let me know what you think the chances are of it working with the PSP and Mapthis. I see that at the VERY least I'll need to get an adapter to mini-usb for iit.

Thanks for any insite you can provide.

deniska
August 15th, 2007, 16:38
Hey Deniska -

I'm sure you get all kinds of questions about what GPS devices work and what doesn't ... add this one to that list of questions ;-)

I'm wanting to buy a GPS device from a local retailer and can't seem to find anyone (local) that carries the Holux ones)

I did find this one at the local Fry's Electronics store and was wondering if you had any idea if it might work with map this or not.

It's a "AmbiCom's GPS Navigation USB Receiver"
here is a link with spects and such.

http://www.ambicom.com/products/gps/gps-usb.html

If it's not to much trouble can ya take a look and let me know what you think the chances are of it working with the PSP and Mapthis. I see that at the VERY least I'll need to get an adapter to mini-usb for iit.

Thanks for any insite you can provide.

it would not work...

dartpsp
August 15th, 2007, 16:43
it would not work...

Dam :( Should have known it would be to good to be true.

Thanks for the reply

Savaage
August 15th, 2007, 19:49
Deniska,
What do you think about my suggestion to save screenshots into the PSP/PHOTO directory so that it can be viewable on the PSP? (Post #129 for reference)

Thanks,
-Savaage

kiwi32
August 15th, 2007, 22:47
hi everybody,

did you have any aproximative date of realease??

like day,week,or more??

thanks

ps:i love mapthis!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Codaz
August 16th, 2007, 01:16
For 0.5 version ?

Deniska expects Thursday or Friday.

But with recent bugs found by degret it will take probably longer.

rollinolin
August 16th, 2007, 05:38
I cant wait to get my gps 290

I got it from digimartz.com for $50 US (total of $66 after shipping)

I have FW2.52-2 m33 and map this .499 works like a charm in map view now all i need is to gps it up and go test it out in gps mode.

thanks Deniska and team for your hard work.

arlin
August 16th, 2007, 06:10
hi im new at this i got my psp 290 but i have no clue how to put it to work can some one help thanx.

kiwi32
August 16th, 2007, 13:47
I cant wait to get my gps 290

I got it from digimartz.com for $50 US (total of $66 after shipping)

I have FW2.52-2 m33 and map this .499 works like a charm in map view now all i need is to gps it up and go test it out in gps mode.

thanks Deniska and team for your hard work.

FW 3.52-2 M33;)

JoQ
August 16th, 2007, 15:27
Will I be able to play MP3 at the same time I use Map This? Is that possible?

deniska
August 16th, 2007, 16:04
it's possible already with the use of mp3 plugin and/or IRshell

dreetje9
August 16th, 2007, 17:29
Why does everybody asking when Mapthis! v0.5 is coming out?

Just give Deniska a break, and let him work on it, what does it care if it will take a couple of weeks longer...

v0.499 and earlier version are also working like a charm, and we all want v5 without bugs, so give Deniska the time to test the version,so stop whining, and start chillin' :cool:

Russoxley187
August 16th, 2007, 17:47
i agree with you totally

deniska
August 16th, 2007, 23:24
I'll try to wrap it up tomorrow to match it to 1year aniversary since the first release ;-)
There are still a few things that I wanted to look into.. but I guess they could be addressed later...

Codaz
August 16th, 2007, 23:32
Don't be that hasty Deniska hahaha :)

Make sure the bugs are out :D

Exellent work so far.

If you need a new donation round give a yell.

cydus21
August 17th, 2007, 13:03
yeah.. take ur time to release it.. and yes if u do need donation for "motivation" give us a yell! i think most of us are most willing to.

seumouman
August 17th, 2007, 14:23
I Think every body come with me to say :

:thumbup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Baby becaume a string man in only 1 year...i'm affraid when it will be 18 !!!!

Cpl. Stoned
August 17th, 2007, 16:18
Happy Birthday Baby Mapthis! lol.

Codaz
August 17th, 2007, 22:09
HAPPY Birthday Mapthis and also to the father of Mapthis, Deniska.

In7ane
MIB.42
Nieko
Atari800

And all the bug testers deserve also a great felicitation.

Thanks to all forum members so far for contribution of this new version !

asdaol
August 18th, 2007, 01:16
I Think every body come with me to say :

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Baby becaume a string man in only 1 year...i'm affraid when it will be 18 !!!!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION

lavino
September 5th, 2007, 23:51
I would like to do that... Is there a detail tutorial on how to do this?

Do I need a do a new map everytime I plan a route or the same map can be re-used?

Sorry for all these n00bish question for I am a newcomer. I promise I will help any newcomer later once I know how to do these ;)