PDA

View Full Version : Another modchip for the masses...DuoWii

bandit
June 13th, 2007, 13:14
http://www.divineo.cn/divineo/images/products/wii-duowii.jpg

Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=bandit&prod=wii-duowii) has just started to offer a new Wii modchip known as the DuoWii for a low price of $16.95. Below are the specifications of the chip.

Supports all console/drive versions Pal, US and Jap (DMS, D2A, D2B)
Direct boot of in region Wii backups
Direct boot of original Wii imports *
Direct boot of import Wii backups*
Direct boot of in region GC backups
Direct boot of original GC imports*
Direct boot of import GC backups*
Direct boot of homebrew in GC mode
Supports DVD-R , DVD+R
Improved recognition for backups
Quicksolder interface
Thin design for easier installation
Chip disable function
LED indicator light

The chip is being produced by Team Omega (http://www.duomodchip.com/) who is known for their low cost and effective chips for the Xbox and PS2. Not much information is available at this time regarding compatibility and if there are any other unique features for the DuoWii. Once we hear more, we'll bring it to our users.

mcdougall57
June 13th, 2007, 16:53
im gonna take the plunge and fit one of these myself when the warranty runs out

btw how long is the warranty i got it in december around the 4th

bandit
June 13th, 2007, 19:17
I think 1 year.

stefh
June 14th, 2007, 08:25
In Europe we have two years of warranty. You can find it inside your instruction manual. It's really an interesting mod chip, but I don't like soldering... Can't someone create a mod that works with one of the USB ports ;)

bandit
June 14th, 2007, 13:06
In Europe we have two years of warranty. You can find it inside your instruction manual. It's really an interesting mod chip, but I don't like soldering... Can't someone create a mod that works with one of the USB ports ;)
All modchips are soldered. Any mods that allows booting of imports and the no-no's without having to solder is known as softmods. There is no way for that to happen via USB port. If there was, it would of been out already. Not to mention, the USB is not connected through the soldering points in anyway so there is no way for the USB to trick the Wii.

BlueCrab
June 15th, 2007, 16:35
Until one of these drivechips do something other than booting backups, they're useless.

Also, in my book, they aren't a modchip til they do something useful (booting full Wii homebrew).

steve520
June 15th, 2007, 16:50
I think thats a pretty cool modchip since it supports DVD's

bandit
June 16th, 2007, 00:29
I think thats a pretty cool modchip since it supports DVD's
Hope you know that its not DVD movies. Its DVD-R and DVD+R media. All modchips accept DVD-R and +R.

outsider
June 16th, 2007, 01:35
What is the best mod chip for the wii in everyones opinion? like overall best.

JKKDARK
June 16th, 2007, 02:05
most of them are excellent ;)

mcdougall57
June 18th, 2007, 21:27
i think there is a peice of homebrew out there for modchips that let you play dvd movies backups and originals with subtitles

bandit
June 18th, 2007, 23:14
i think there is a peice of homebrew out there for modchips that let you play dvd movies backups and originals with subtitles
There is none. Someone was supposedly or said to be have made one. No news or info has been released since. It could be a hoax after all.

mcdougall57
June 19th, 2007, 01:08
i see what you mean ive had a little look around and here is information on the supposed app

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/05/23/dvd-playback-for-chipped-wiis/

greginsky
February 15th, 2008, 21:47
Last time I got interested in chips was with the PSone so I'm a bit out of date on all this scene. So can someone could just help me out on few things? Let say I buy this DuoWii chip, I'll be able to backup and burn my games with the LG GDR-8164B and play my backups on my Wii? And what is a homebrew? And about soldering.. I know how to solder stuff but electronic components is new to me. Is it easy to mess up my Wii with this kind of stuff? If i fail does my Wii still works? Anyways thanks for helping otu I'm getting old for all this crap ;) Anyways.. if my msg dont belong here, PM me plz with a answer :)
Thanks