PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden to silence PS3 critics, says Team Ninja

Shrygue
June 13th, 2007, 23:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165888)

Team Ninja's Yosuke Hayashi, producer and director for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, says that the developer chose to dedicate Sigma to PS3 to make it the best game it could be, and is confident that its achievements will silence PS3 critics.

"Multi-format videogames have boomed in recent years, but when you make a game for multiple formats you cannot focus on one machine's specific capabilities - you have to focus on a common ground for all formats," Hayashi said at a Sigma event today.

"It is Team Ninja's policy to push a console to its limit and set high standards. Team Ninja wanted to make Ninja Gaiden Sigma the best action game it could be, and push gaming standards to its upper limit. That is why we chose to make the game for PS3."

He later went on to say: "I have heard much criticism of the PS3, but I am confident that Ninja Gaiden Sigma will demonstrate how powerful the PS3 really is."

So why not make an original game from the ground up for PS3, instead of and Xbox remake? The clearly confident Hayabashi explains, "We still see Ninja Gaiden on Xbox as the number-one action game, and so we want as many people as possible to experience that game."

He went on to explain that Sigma uses self-shading techniques and other advanced graphical effects in full 1080p resolution and still manages to maintain a solid 60 frames per second which, he claims, no other game in the current generation has managed. "That includes games on Xbox 360," Hayashi adds.

You'll be able to tell us whether you agree or disagree with Hayashi-san when the demo launches in a couple of weeks time (exact date yet to be confirmed), before the full game's July launch.

Balthasar00
June 14th, 2007, 00:56
"Multi-format videogames have boomed in recent years, but when you make a game for multiple formats you cannot focus on one machine's specific capabilities - you have to focus on a common ground for all formats," Hayashi said at a Sigma event today.

"It is Team Ninja's policy to push a console to its limit and set high standards. Team Ninja wanted to make Ninja Gaiden Sigma the best action game it could be, and push gaming standards to its upper limit. That is why we chose to make the game for PS3."

Yosuke Hayashi said what Kojima still didn't :P

I prefer exclusivity too. Always looks better that way.

Basil Zero
June 14th, 2007, 06:59
Yup Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Metal Gear Solid 4 FTW!!!!

mastersho
June 14th, 2007, 07:18
yea they are gonna own(hate to say it) but they dont come out until next year right!?!?!?

ketchup
June 14th, 2007, 08:00
Real reason - This game won't sell so much outside of Japan. Inside Japan PS3 is by far the leading consol. Why pay for development costs for the other consol when it won't sell well on it anyway. I agree with him that not having to compromise will make the game better for the PS3 but that is NOT the reason. It's all in where the money is. I'm sure if they could make twice as much money from an Xbox360 realease then they would do that too.

His comments are typical corporate bulsh%# IMO

justice23
June 14th, 2007, 17:51
yea they are gonna own(hate to say it) but they dont come out until next year right!?!?!?

MGS 4 probably. NGSigma will be release at the end of this month.

mastersho
June 14th, 2007, 20:55
sweet beans!! im gonna get my friend to buy it so i can play it:p

F9zDark
June 14th, 2007, 22:09
They have had a demo for Ninja Gaiden Sigma out for like a month now, if not longer...:confused:

Maybe a new demo will be more optimized, but I am eagerly awaiting this game. And thank god for exclusivity. Just look at COD3 for how multiplatform games are and thats proof enough that they should never be made.

VFerg
June 15th, 2007, 05:02
The demo was out in the US but not in the UK. I have the demo and its (sad to say) one of the best games I own for the PS3. I love his story but yea I also dont buy most of what he says. also it could just be the loading of the game but at the very begining of the demo there is a really low FPS for about 10 seconds long. It got me nervous but its the only spot I noticed it. It also happened a lot in that folksoul demo as well so I hope its not a common thing to see in the final version of the game.