PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers DS Released - Slim With Your DS

wraggster
June 14th, 2007, 18:12
zeblackos has today released a very original application for the Nintendo DS, Weight Watchers DS is an application to help you slim with your handheld, counting the calories you eat everyday much like people do on the Weight Watchers Courses

Heres Some Screens:

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/watchersds1.pnghttp://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/watchersds11.png

Heres the translated readme:

Too many pizza pies, beer, Coke in front of its PC without moving another thing that fingers? aïe!
For all those which want to lose with their DS, I come to make small a software which has 2 functionalities:
- It is used as computer of points “Weight Watchers”
- It makes it possible to find the value (in points) of a food, a dish etc… in a data base.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you my data base (approximately 7000 entries) because I do not want that W.W releases its lawyer horde while howling “hang them! they fly of the material copyrighté”… I thus provided a all small data base of 12 entries which you can (must) supplement by yourself.

It is enough to respect the order of the fields as what follows:

category; the wording; unit (DC, pot, section, etc…); quantity; a number of points;

example of lines which function (important: not to forget the last “; ”!!!):
Vegetables; French beans; G; 300; 0;
Vegetables; carrots nature; G; 300; 0;

You will find tons of infos everywhere on the Web, and even certainly of the preexistent lists… then one can rather easily convert them in the format of the software (with a spreadsheet for example).

If not, so that it goes, patcher is needed the program with patch DLDI of your linker.
It is also imperatively necessary to put the file “aliments.csv” at the RACINE of your linker.

Therefore, not of under repertory for this file.

keys:
- the virtual keyboard…
- The directional pad to go up and go down in the list from the answers
(and low to high make ravel one by one (if one leaves supported, the run accelerates)/left arrow = direct jump with the first response/right arrow = direct jump to the last entry)…
- A: hides the keyboard and reveals the calculator
- Y: equivalent of “backspace”
- B: obliteration

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Weight_Watchers_DS_Slim_With_Your_DS)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Weight_Watchers_DS_Slim_With_Your_DS

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Dyson
June 14th, 2007, 20:00
Amazing! Wins the prize for most unique homebrew in my opinion!

funem
June 14th, 2007, 20:16
These may prove useful

http://www.meganandjack.com/ww_points.htm

http://www.augustgames.com/weightwatchers.htm

;)

parkermauney
June 14th, 2007, 21:34
Too many pizza pies, beer, Coke in front of its PC without moving another thing that fingers? aïe!

lol

Category
June 15th, 2007, 00:29
This i really quite awesome - my girlf is doing the weight watchers points - she'll love it!

bandit
June 15th, 2007, 01:22
Me, my gf, cousin and my mom are doing weight watchers also. This would be great!

naruto777
June 15th, 2007, 14:21
Is this compatible with the DS Phat XD?

blackos
June 16th, 2007, 13:31
Of course, it's compatible with any NDS...
Just use the DLDI patch made for your linker.
:)
don't forget to put the "aliments.csv" file to the ROOT of your linker.
Is anyone interested by an english translation ?
If yes, do you need to use 'pounds' or something instead of the metric system (g) ? to calculate the points value ?

seeya.
blk.

bandit
June 16th, 2007, 13:46
Of course, it's compatible with any NDS...
Just use the DLDI patch made for your linker.
don't forget to put the "aliments.csv" file to the ROOT of your linker.
Is anyone interested by an english translation ?
If yes, do you need to use 'pounds' or something instead of the metric system (g) ? to calculate the points value ?

seeya.
blk.
English translation would be good but there is no need for pounds (lb.). No food is weighed in lbs. They are all grams (g).

blackos
June 16th, 2007, 14:46
Hi ... here's the english version with a short data file "food.csv" to put at the root of the flashcard.
You can enter up to 3 different words to do your search.
Sorry for the AZERTY keyboard, but if I want to put QWERTY instead, I'll have to recompile all my dev libs...
:rolleyes:
have fun and happy diet.

blk.

x999x
June 16th, 2007, 18:57
Anyone have a pre compiled csv for this yet? To the sum of 7000 entries? :P

Great program, my girlfriend is finally going to turn on her DS again :)

dsboy16
July 4th, 2007, 20:19
This is awesome for my mom. She is always complaining about how i am sabotaging her diet by taking her to eat at places that cost her too many points. Now i can say that i am helping her with her diet.

thatgadgetgirl
July 7th, 2007, 19:55
while this is an amzing homebrew app...it proves useless without the proper caluculations. I have put in things that should have been 6 points and the Watch Your Weight app says it's .068 points....the calculation involved is off by quite a bit. Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix this? Also, mine won't find the database for points even though I put the .csv file in the root of my micro sd.

gumgod
March 6th, 2008, 15:26
Thanks for the English Translation. I'll defiantly give this one a try. My GF has the official Weightwatcher's calculator, but we take the DS with us more often than the calculator so this could be useful.

eggs
March 6th, 2008, 17:08
This looks interesting, i will pass this on to the mrs, thanks :)

rscaramelo
March 6th, 2008, 21:01
Can't wait to try this. I lost 60 pounds with WW 2 years ago. I've maybe put 10 back on so this may help me get back down to my goal weight.

thanks

RC

williew705
March 7th, 2008, 21:22
Awesome

Joujoudoll
May 15th, 2008, 17:55
I'm an american, and I downloaded this application and I think it's great, although the way we calculate points in the united states is quite different. The english version is like half american half metric or something. The food list is in imperial which is american, but when it comes to calculating the food, that seems to be in metric.

This is how we calculate food in the USA:

Calories
Total Fat
Amount of Fiber

So, example, a Mint 3 Musketeers bar would be calculate like this:

Calories: 150
Total Fat: 5g
Fiber: 1g

Points Value: 3

When I used the metric calculations, it said to use kcal, which is essential the same thing. However, when I would enter the amount of fat, it wouldn't calculate it correctly.

This is an excellent idea, but I am going to stick with my hand held weight watchers calculator.

The other thing that bothered me was that there wasn't a complete food list included in the download. I don't think you'd run into legal problems, people post websites with the entire list of foods and their point value.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's such a good idea and I was disappointed that it didn't work, I would have used this program everyday I am sure. Lol.

gumgod
May 16th, 2008, 00:23
I'm an american, and I downloaded this application and I think it's great, although the way we calculate points in the united states is quite different. The english version is like half american half metric or something. The food list is in imperial which is american, but when it comes to calculating the food, that seems to be in metric.

This is how we calculate food in the USA:

Calories
Total Fat
Amount of Fiber

So, example, a Mint 3 Musketeers bar would be calculate like this:

Calories: 150
Total Fat: 5g
Fiber: 1g

Points Value: 3

When I used the metric calculations, it said to use kcal, which is essential the same thing. However, when I would enter the amount of fat, it wouldn't calculate it correctly.

This is an excellent idea, but I am going to stick with my hand held weight watchers calculator.

The other thing that bothered me was that there wasn't a complete food list included in the download. I don't think you'd run into legal problems, people post websites with the entire list of foods and their point value.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's such a good idea and I was disappointed that it didn't work, I would have used this program everyday I am sure. Lol.

I completely agree, I ran into the same issues when I went to use it. I also have the hand held calculator, but the ds is so much more convenient. :(

masterchief929
May 16th, 2008, 01:00
thankfully, i dont need this!

Joujoudoll
May 16th, 2008, 03:10
I completely agree, I ran into the same issues when I went to use it. I also have the hand held calculator, but the ds is so much more convenient. :(

Yes, the DS is more convenient... I take my DS everywhere, but I forget to take my weight watchers calculator sometimes. I wish there was some way a programmer could or would be willing to change it so that americans can use this program too. If I was a programmer, I'd ask for permission to do it myself, but I don't know how to program applications like that. :( What a shame it didn't work out.

thydavidcome
August 15th, 2008, 12:55
I wish someone could make one for the PSP

pcmaczone
June 24th, 2009, 15:10
Excellent job and top marks to the guy who made this little app.

I have checked it against ww's own products here in the UK and it seems to be pretty much spot on. Perhaps not so useful to people in the US but then why not just calculate your points the way we do in the UK? The end result will be the same in that you will lose weight :)

One thing though. Like others here I can't get the database to work. It's in the root but even putting in a search term that I absolutely know is in the database does nothing. The enter key on the keypad doesn't seem to function.

I'm down from 14st 3lbs a month ago to 12st 12lbs as of today. One very happy bunny :thumbup:

tvspat
June 27th, 2009, 04:17
I'm not sure there is a need for pounds or grams. When I have done Weight Watchers in the recent past, it has been

Calories:
Fat:
Dietary Fiber: