PDA

View Full Version : SnesDS 15/06/2007 Released

wraggster
June 15th, 2007, 14:38
Loopy (http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/) has released a new version of his Snes emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Heres whats new:

Update:
DLDI support added (6/15/2007)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

parkermauney
June 15th, 2007, 17:33
Does this run near full speed?

zauberer
June 15th, 2007, 18:49
Does this run near full speed?

Some games, and other the music is messed up.

This is old emulator, but is fairly good. The problem is that this can't move the screen and you can't see in some games the upper part or the bottom.

I preffer SNEmulDS since it has options to modify the sprites, backgound, etc.

kiariki
June 15th, 2007, 19:48
Is smoothing that hard to implement? I hate having to move the screen around... Ugh! And this emulator... Doesn't run anything I throw at it. It either says "Crash! Abort!" or it just freezes. >_>

I'm angry today, so don't mind me too much...

What games have people been able to play? Nothing I've tried works. (I'm using an M3 Simply)

Well, I got Mario Kart to display the Nintendo logo... But then it froze! D:<

ComixSans
June 15th, 2007, 20:27
yep i couldn't get anything running on it to. i'm using a r4.

Homerun
June 15th, 2007, 20:40
SNES DS Actually Works for me but barely..... >_>

Veskgar
June 15th, 2007, 22:14
Wow, I'm really surprised that this late in the game with the DS there are not too many good emulators with full speed and such.

I've been spoiled by the PSP homebrew scene for so long but I also have a DS Lite. But to be fair, the PSP has a lot more under the hood than the DS.

However, the DS puts out N64 quality or better games so it should be able to handle SNES I would think.

ShinMike
June 16th, 2007, 18:29
Wow, I'm really surprised that this late in the game with the DS there are not too many good emulators with full speed and such.

I've been spoiled by the PSP homebrew scene for so long but I also have a DS Lite. But to be fair, the PSP has a lot more under the hood than the DS.

However, the DS puts out N64 quality or better games so it should be able to handle SNES I would think.

since you have no idea what you are talking about.. yeah, no offence though, i just thought your post has been said endless times by other people.

Sonny_Jim
June 16th, 2007, 19:42
Doesn't seem to work on my Supercard SD, just crashes whenever I try to load a game. I just hope SnemulDS gets better at emulating Killer Instinct.

crookedmouth
June 17th, 2007, 01:50
Wow, I'm really surprised that this late in the game with the DS....

It seems to me that most of the emulators are not that old and are just now coming along. I also think you will be surprised how long the DS will be around before a successor arrives. I mean Flubba is still working on GBA emulation.(He just updated SMSAdvance.) For me, it seems the touchscreen just lends itself beautifully to computer emulation,I hate virtually keyboards that must be navigated via pads.
I'm no PSP hater(Of course it has great emulation), I'm just waiting till I see one at a garage sale before I put down my money.

crazyncurly
June 17th, 2007, 17:54
not sure bout this version but on the old version of snesds (and nesds for that matter) i managed to get all the roms i used to work ands thats on a max media dock

acn010
June 17th, 2007, 18:05

i thin cause the psp has a faster processor??:rofl: oh, and graphics

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:42
Guys, keep in mind this emulator is from late 2005. Loopy just returned and added DLDI support to it, nothing more.

However, note that this is NOT THE BEST METHOD TO USE for running SNES DS at the highest level of compatibility. The best method is to apply the SuperDAT settings by following the "quickstart slot-1 instructions" at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_DS to inject the SNES game into the *.nds file. This fixes the graphics and booting ability of MANY games.

Unfortunately, Loopy deleted the other files from his website, making those instructions useless, as the only method now is to load *.smc files straight from the card, which does not apply the SuperDAT settings. I have the files on my hard drive, but I'd prefer to have them up on the official site rather than posting a mirror link everywhere.

That said, SNEmulDS is still loads better than this, so use that instead.

paul1991
June 18th, 2007, 12:42
Weird...
Im running an N-Card and I can run all games at full speed with OK sound and save support.
Its always full speed too.

Hyrule_boy
June 18th, 2007, 14:43
Wow... this emulator sucks big time! I can't play any game at all. I get an error or the screens just stay black.

Cheatsurfer
June 19th, 2007, 16:09
Well you guys must all have some kind of mental problem, because (as far as emulation) I have no problem running ANY of my 142 Snes games. Make sure to patch the DLDI, he added SUPPORT, but you still need to patch it!

DanTheManMS
June 19th, 2007, 23:04
Still, for the best playability, the SuperDAT is needed, and Loopy removed the tools necessary to apply SuperDAT settings from his website.

DDRmaster
June 23rd, 2007, 20:10
However, the DS puts out N64 quality or better games so it should be able to handle SNES I would think.That's what I thought about the Sega Dreamcast DreamSNES emulator. Go figure, it lags so much I can barely play. 2fps max with many freezes.

It happens.

DDRmaster
June 23rd, 2007, 20:35
By the way, how does one get a hold of a DLDI patch? O_o

DDRmaster
June 23rd, 2007, 20:35
RAWR, sorry for the double... Triple post... ._. Don't kill me.

edgar581
June 24th, 2007, 22:40
where do i get ROMS for it?

spinal_cord
June 24th, 2007, 22:48
It is rule on almost all message board to not as for roms, a usual result is getting banned. roms are illegal and if anyone replys to you question with a link to a rom site, it could get the board into trouble.

mr_pablo
June 24th, 2007, 23:14
technically, ROM's aren't illegal, they are classed as backups to the original game, of which you must own.

If you have game backups, but not the original, you must not keep them for more then 24 hours.

but yea, talking about them on here is a no no.

spinal_cord
June 24th, 2007, 23:30
Just to let you know, it is illegal to download a rom from ANY website. To legally own a rom, you must have created it yourself, that is the ONLY legal way, and even then in some countries it is still illegal to do that. Download it is piracy. Without the proper equipment and the original game cart, there is absolutely no way to legally have a rom image of ANY commercial game.

The 24 hours thing was made up years ago to try to make rom sharing sound legit. It is complete nonsense, having a rom for even a second without having created it yours self is completely illegal.

MrSmegheneghan
July 7th, 2007, 17:30
i was told to patch my SNES DS with a DLDI and i was shown a website which goes to a wikipedia page :s my problem is, what DLDI do i need and how do i patch it?

JKKDARK
July 7th, 2007, 17:43
where do i get ROMS for it?

Dump your original games ;)

wiggy fuzz
July 7th, 2007, 17:46
Dump your original games ;)

tell that to a 10 year old and he'll go straight to the bathroom... :rofl:

JKKDARK
July 7th, 2007, 18:07
tell that to a 10 year old and he'll go straight to the bathroom... :rofl:

a 10 years old using homebrew on Nintendo DS? When I was 10 years old, I only did put the cartridges/discs on the consoles.

DanTheManMS
July 7th, 2007, 20:44
i was told to patch my SNES DS with a DLDI and i was shown a website which goes to a wikipedia page :s my problem is, what DLDI do i need and how do i patch it?

See the DLDI thread at the top of this forum. However, note that SNEmulDS is recommended over SNES DS for most games.

MrKuenning
July 8th, 2007, 22:19
I am not sure the best place to post this...

Here is what I would like to see. I want an SNES Emulator that supports two players. Like you could sync via wifi, and both DS's would have the same screen. So you could play two player games for SNES. How possible is this? Playing Areo Fighters or Street Fighter two player would be awsome.

DanTheManMS
July 9th, 2007, 07:22
Considering that no homebrew program has figured out the local DS-to-DS protocol, probably not very possible at all. Using an AP in the middle via TCP might not provide the accuracy needed for 2-player emulation.

Kruber
July 19th, 2007, 03:50
Street Fighter II turbo..

C'mon C'mon.. ITS WORKING. ITS WORKING!!!

WHAT?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

it froze at the player select T-T

my dreams of playing SFIIt under the sheets are ruined. RUINED I TELLS YA.

I'm actually quite surprised as to how smooth it looks while it was running. until it crashed.

I couldn't think of anything productive for this thread. Sorry 'bout that.

DanTheManMS
July 19th, 2007, 05:25
Did you try the game in SNEmulDS instead?

Kruber
July 19th, 2007, 23:00
IT WORKS!

BY GOD IT WORKS!

It runs near perfect - it has a few non-distracting glitches.

Super ALeste works , but it runs too fast.

Street fighter 2 turbo works well.

Starfox doesnt though : L.. the sound comes on but there's no video//

Super mario world has the odd sprite error but its smooth still...

jalq1978
July 23rd, 2007, 05:35
Hi, i'm into some research on user interfaces and went on this ultra-cool music browse UI called CoverFlow. It has been incorporated to itunes7.0 and the new iPhone.
Does anyone knows if that is a port to the DS?

thks

PhonGK
November 16th, 2007, 16:06
IT WORKS!

BY GOD IT WORKS!

It runs near perfect - it has a few non-distracting glitches.

Street fighter 2 turbo works well.

how did you get street fighter working when it wasn't working for you before? did you apply any other special patch for it??

Pikachu247
January 12th, 2008, 20:42
I cant even unzip the file!