PDA

View Full Version : PSP Upgraded but sorry

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 01:04
i am very new to PSP, i upgraded the firmware to 3.50 from the sony psp web site, but now i am very sorry that i cannot play any home brewed games and fast loader cannot be used, pls do help, what should i do what are the remedies, pls help... URGENT.:confused:

Elven6
June 16th, 2007, 01:12
Wait a few years for a downgrader!

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 01:14
Years?- there is no telling of when a doiwngrader will come out but i dont think it will be a few years! maybe tomoro! or sometime this yaer... who knows

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 01:19
Damned Does that mean i cannot play home brewed games till a down grader arrives, c'mon there should be another way, if so then my psp is almost useless to me. damned,

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 01:21
You could buy and install a mod chip.

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 01:22
^^ well said!

Mod chips cost money tho, do you have it?

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 01:26
He obviously had the money to UPGRADE!!!
No wait...

steve520
June 16th, 2007, 02:06
Dude that sucks you upgraded you could have used your PSP so much better.

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 02:13
hey what is a MOD chip, and what does it do

outsider
June 16th, 2007, 02:18
it provides an alternative boot source for teh psp so if you mess up your flashing, teh psp can still boot from teh flash memory built inot teh modchip, and then u can fix the messed flash u did. It basically makes your psp brick-proof, all psp devs have one.

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 02:21
so tell me what do i have to do to undo the damage i've cost with this mod chip, or whateva it is. i need to fix it asap.

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 03:15
lol, you don't have a mod chip. You have to buy the mod chip to fix it.

Try the psp devolution. (http://psp-devolution.com)

hodgy47
June 16th, 2007, 10:20
You could always try and trade it for a psp running 3.03 or lower.

HumanIce
June 16th, 2007, 10:28
i am very new to PSP, i upgraded the firmware to 3.50 from the sony psp web site, but now i am very sorry that i cannot play any home brewed games and fast loader cannot be used, pls do help, what should i do what are the remedies, pls help... URGENT.:confused:
dude.. your stupid.. never trust sony for an update, update only at nintendo consoles..
and now you can't play anything on your psp (only normal games and movies) and have to buy a new one.

Chameleon
June 16th, 2007, 10:54
dont be so rude!!! We were all noobs once...

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 11:52
well how am i suppose to know something like that can happen and a homebrewed one for that version is yet not out, anyway i've heard Chameleon had Decrypted the 3.50 so that means sooner a homebrewed firmware for 3.50 will be out, anyway thanx all for ur comments and opinions.

splodger15
June 16th, 2007, 15:47
Decrypted the 3.50 so that means sooner a homebrewed firmware for 3.50 will be out, anyway thanx all for ur comments and opinions.

Not true.

Just because the firmware has been decrypyted doesn't mean you will get homebrew. Homebrew will only be avaliable to you when an exploit is found in the 3.50 firmware and since it is the latest firmware that exploit is coming anytime soon.

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 15:59
It's not too big a deal though. If you know someone good at soldering, the modchip is a good choice (especially if you are afraid of damaging the psp from a failed mod).

asinan
June 17th, 2007, 20:40
i think i'll wait till a home brewed version comes out, anyway its gonna come out sooner. atleast i hope so :) so lets see, if it doesn't comeout b4 the end of the month then i guess i gotta go for the mod chip.

splodger15
June 17th, 2007, 20:51
I doubt anything will come out end this month. Although I think there might be something in october (Thats Just My Opinion Though)

parkermauney
June 17th, 2007, 21:27
Why October?

asinan
June 18th, 2007, 21:18
yeah y octorber, y not july, august or september, i bet ppl will be working on it and needing it badly, i don't think am the only stupid person in this world to accidently upgrade psp to version 3.50, there be lots of ppl wanting it. so it'll be out fast......

splodger15
June 19th, 2007, 07:01
Because stuff seems to come along that time.

Just because millions of people want it , it doesnt mean it will be out quickier.

asinan
June 20th, 2007, 19:58
ok point noted, but still i wish it'll come out sooner, otherwise my psp is nothing till octorber, anyway thanks for the comments and the help provided, well it there is anything out sooner do let me know and i'll keep an eye on it as well, hahahah

asinan
July 8th, 2007, 21:17
hey i've downloaded the psp 3.50 firmware downgrader and homebrewer but it requires lumines to run, and my psp doesn't have lumines and the save files for lumines doesn't work. pls pls help. let me know what to do and where i can get lumines.

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 23:28
dude, just get lumines UMD from wherever you can, rent it from blockbuster, try wallmart, any store

The savefiles alone wont do nothing you need the game in order to load those special savefiles that will let you downgrade

that1guywiththeface
July 23rd, 2007, 01:21
Look on the bright side. The reduced-price PSP's automatically had an anti-homebrew thing installed with version 3.40 or 3.50(I can't remeber which). That means that a large portion of PSP's bought in the future will be blocked, so a larger part of the community will be trying to make a new downgrader, so there is increased work force, which means the downgrader will likely come soon. Confusing perhaps, but it makes sense. Just be patient. I was stupid too. But Luckily that was v. 3.03 right before the downgrader came out.

Flaco_Guey
July 24th, 2007, 18:42
if he upgraded to 3.5 shouldn't he be able to use the lumines downgrade

HAMMIEZ
July 25th, 2007, 01:15
This thread is pretty old....

But you've drawn my attention to this:

my psp doesn't have lumines and the save files for lumines doesn't work.

roflmao :rofl: