PDA

View Full Version : Tapwave Zodiac coming to the UK

wraggster
October 8th, 2004, 14:20
The Zodiac multimedia handheld device is set to launch in the UK on October 22nd, with creator Tapwave signing up an exclusive deal with Dixons and PC World which will see the arrival of two models of the award-winning device.[br][br]The powerful handheld device boasts a fully functional Palm operating system and PDA as well as music, movie and 3D videogame capabilities, with a large, high-resolution touch-sensitive display, integrated Bluetooth, stereo sound and an analogue control stick.[br][br]The two models of the device which will arrive on October 22nd are the Zodiac 1, which has 32Mb of built-in memory, and the Zodiac 2, which has 128Mb. Aside from memory capacity, however, both devices are functionally identical, and can be extended thanks to the presence of two SD card slots.[br][br]The Zodiac 1 will retail for a suggested price of UKP 269.99, while the Zodiac 2 will sell for UKP 329.99, and both models will be bundled with a multi-region charging kit and an updated version of the custom Zodiac Software Suite.[br][br]A range of software for the platform will be made available in boxed form - including Activision's Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, Midway's SpyHunter, id Software's DOOM II and 3D Realms' Duke Nukem Mobile, along with two multi-game packs, all priced at UKP 29.99 - although Tapwave's model is more focused on digital game sales than on boxed title sales.[br][br]"We are looking forward to working with the Dixons Group Plc to launch the Zodiac into the European market," according to Tapwave's European sales director, Andrzej Kasprzyk. "We chose a partner that will back the product with significant marketing activities and who understands the Zodiac and loves it as much as we do. In terms of reputation, muscle and image, Dixons Group Plc - with its key High Street retailers - is the perfect outlet for the Zodiac."

William
October 12th, 2004, 06:54
Check out http://zodiac.allack.co.uk/

They have load of info on the Zodiac and the games, and they have started taking pre orders.

But i think i am going to stick with my N-Gage.