PDA

View Full Version : PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.2.0 (IR Keyboard)

zx-81
June 16th, 2007, 16:38
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspxti-snap-v120.jpg

Hi all,

For those who haven't seen previous versions, XTiger is an unix emulator (under X Window)
of a TI-92 calculator (Texas instruments).
It was originally written by Jonas Minnberg and was closed source.
Jonas Minnberg has not worked on XTiger for quite a while and he gave
Misha Nasledov the code and permission to GPL it.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library)

PSPXTI is a port on PSP a the Unix version 0.8.

What's new in this version ?

- IR Keyboard support

You need the rom of your TI-92 or TI-92 plus, but it is NOT part of the PSPXTI
package because it is the property of Texas Instruments !

If you own an original TI-92 you can then download the rom Ti-92+ v1.1 here
ti83khdv (http://ti83khdv.online.fr)

This version works 1.5 and custom firmware 3.X-OE.

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.03-OE, and for the IR keyboard
part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Here is a PDF version of the TI-92 manual : http://www.smendes.com/ti89.pdf

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

mike03$$$
June 16th, 2007, 16:55
Wait did you just say you made this on linux on psp, I'm no noob but did you mean bochs linux for psp if you did that's crazy cool but I love all your work zx nice release to bad there's no school right now

zx-81
June 16th, 2007, 17:02
Wait did you just say you made this on linux on psp, I'm no noob but did you mean bochs linux for psp if you did that's crazy cool but I love all your work zx nice release to bad there's no school right now

I just mean that i use linux environment (instead of cygwin) to develop apps for psp (using gcc cross compiler as all other devs)

mike03$$$
June 16th, 2007, 17:09
Oh I see

eternityoffate
June 16th, 2007, 18:58
zx-81 since you were one of the most active programmers supporting the IRkeyboard would you ever consider developing a text editor for the psp? I loved this calc and it practically got me through some of my classes. It even lead me to have a few nerdy conversations with my calc teachers. i guess i also wanted to ask is it possible to save text from the TI emulator itself in some format?

sorry for the scatter brained post.

But thanks for all you've done!

zx-81
June 16th, 2007, 19:00
zx-81 since you were one of the most active programmers supporting the IRkeyboard would you ever consider developing a text editor for the psp? I loved this calc and it practically got me through some of my classes. It even lead me to have a few nerdy conversations with my calc teachers. i guess i also wanted to ask is it possible to save text from the TI emulator itself in some format?

sorry for the scatter brained post.

But thanks for all you've done!

I'm working on psp-pda app right now, and i succeed to add IR keyboard (work still remain on it, but i plan to release it soon). In psp-pda you've got a simple text editor :P

Dickhead
June 16th, 2007, 21:55
Thats great news ZX! nice to hear that you are creating other apps! I wonder if your text editor will include a spell checker to speed up typing (like some mobile phones have) that will be amazing

zx-81
June 16th, 2007, 22:06
Thats great news ZX! nice to hear that you are creating other apps! I wonder if your text editor will include a spell checker to speed up typing (like some mobile phones have) that will be amazing

For the moment i just modified existing homebrew called psp-pda .. i'm not writting my own editor (since this one seems to work properly). :)

DarthPaul
June 16th, 2007, 23:34
I've never got any of your calculators to work. The eboot launches well and all,but I can't find the real "bios" to use it.
But they look really awesome! I hope I can use one soon. Now that I'm going to the university it will be very helpful.

zx-81
June 16th, 2007, 23:43
Have a look here :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspxti/

DarthPaul
June 16th, 2007, 23:52
Aaahh!! It's working!! Aleluya!!!
Thanks!! :thumbup:

BTW,I haven't forgot that I owe you some money. :D

BKKHustle
June 23rd, 2007, 08:45
Just wanted to ask... I have been messing around with the TI-92 calc for PSP (actually upgraded from one of the original releases)

In this version I found there wasn't a GUI calc (or maybe I just got a bunk download) All I get is the calc screen ...no GUI.

Personally, I prefer the GUI version (as opposed to the DANZEF version) But, I didnt notice a 'skin' option but it seems stuck to the "DEFAULT" version (assuming this is the calc screen with no calc)

So, are there skin downloads?? Can I use a GUI version of keyentry (show the whole calc not just the screen like in the earlier releases)?

I looked through the readme file and webposts but I didnt see anything noted.

zx-81
June 23rd, 2007, 08:52
Just wanted to ask... I have been messing around with the TI-92 calc for PSP (actually upgraded from one of the original releases)

In this version I found there wasn't a GUI calc (or maybe I just got a bunk download) All I get is the calc screen ...no GUI.

What you call GUI is the image of the TI keyboard ? In this version there is no more keyboard, since we use the danzeff virtual keyboard and run the TI in fullscreen mode.

Personally, I prefer the GUI version (as opposed to the DANZEF version) But, I didnt notice a 'skin' option but it seems stuck to the "DEFAULT" version (assuming this is the calc screen with no calc)

Use earlier version instead (the only difference between this version and the previous one, is the danzeff mode ...)

BKKHustle
June 23rd, 2007, 10:31
yeah ... i was calling the GUI a picture of the actual calculator w/ keyboard (and key association) on the PSP screen.

Ah, cool... so I will just go back to the old one then. Will you allow for the on screen keyboard in a future release? I noticed a skin option... just curious.

Also got a chance to check out the PSP PDA ...nice tool and comes in real handy especially when you dont want to fork out another $200 for a decent PDA and good work on the keyboard layout in it. *big thumbs up for that*

Anyway, thanks bro... good work and the DANZEF it is useful to some people... I just find it a pain and frustrating at times myself. I just try to avoid as much typing on the PSP as possible.

Keep up the good work

Peace.

taiyoh
August 8th, 2007, 06:19
Did anyone get this to work on M33 firmware?

zx-81
August 8th, 2007, 12:31
i haven't tried but there is no reason why it won't work.

Use the fw1.5 version and put it in the game150 folder :)

babylonx
September 20th, 2007, 15:47
That is a very nice program. My only problem is that I cannot make the ^ character on my targus keyboard to work! Any ideas? Is there any other way to raise to a power without using the ^ character?

zx-81
September 20th, 2007, 22:57
i see what you mean ... unfortunatelly the default mapping doesn't permit to use the '^' :( .. I have to fix that issue.

Shooshi
March 4th, 2008, 21:57
hi everyone! sorry for the newb question but is there a guide to using this calculator? XD I'm just trying to do some graphing but i'm only familiar with the ti-83/89's. a link to a guide or just instruction on how to graph a function would be great. any help is much appreciated. thanks in advance!

zx-81
March 4th, 2008, 22:59
You may find a link to a manual here :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/4-TI-92

Shooshi
March 5th, 2008, 02:04
ohh man i didn't even see that thanks.

zx-81
March 5th, 2008, 08:24
You'd better take the latest version (v1.2.2)