PDA

View Full Version : Sony apologizes over Manchester Cathedral gunfight scene

wraggster
June 17th, 2007, 17:51
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/16/sony-apologizes-over-manchester-cathedral-gunfight-scene/)

Sony's PR department has got to be one of the oddest places in the world to work: what other job requires doing damage control over accusations of running a racist marketing campaign and apologizing to the Church of England about violent video games in the same breath? Well, the latter is the current situation report from the whole "Resistance: Fall of Man level being set in Manchester Cathedral" brouhaha. Apparently, the company and the Church are going to sit down and discuss the Church's demands -- how much the company will be donating, and whether there will be a recall of the game -- with the background of Sony sincerely apologizing to anyone that was offended by the depiction. In light of this controversy, the embarrassment from asking a Church "can we make a video game where we shoot aliens inside this Cathedral?" would have been far less damaging than all this negative publicity: next time Sony, just ask permission!

Triv1um
June 17th, 2007, 17:54
This is all so silly.

I think there will be a re-call of the game and the old game will be banned online. That sounds like a sony move.

DPyro
June 17th, 2007, 19:03
What would be the point in recalling the game after it's already sold over 2 million copies.

freitax
June 17th, 2007, 19:06
"discuss the Church's demands -- how much the company will be donating"

I *ucking knew it...

DPyro
June 17th, 2007, 19:20
It doesn't say that anywhere in the Joystiq article they link to.

I really think this is all hypocritical of the church, saying the Church isn't a place of war. When the fact is, churches WERE a place of war. People used to hide weapons in the church's because they believed no one would destroy the buildings. Once others found out, places of worship were blown to bits in order to destroy their weapons.

Cloudhunter
June 17th, 2007, 19:27
The church needs to get a grip on reality... If it's not real why are they bothered? For christs sake, it's against aliens.

Christians haven't always been angels in the past either.

Ever heard of the Crusades?

And about donating. Greed is a sin right?

And what happened to turning the other cheek?

Cloudy

Basil Zero
June 17th, 2007, 20:29
Saying a church shouldnt be in the game or asking "permission" for it is like asking a country: "Can we mention you in our game".

Which is just silly, and I hope they dont remove the church, cause...i wanna see it :)

steve520
June 17th, 2007, 21:14
I can't believe it but I have to defend Sony. Just because of that im gonna buy that game.

F9zDark
June 18th, 2007, 03:33
If I were Sony, I'd tell the church this:

When religion apologizes for all the atrocities it has committed in history, then maybe we can talk.

mnuhaily22
June 18th, 2007, 04:57
I would tell them, sorry, but we are in the 20th century, and it is about fu**in aliens, get over it...

F9zDark
June 18th, 2007, 16:00
I would tell them, sorry, but we are in the 20th century, and it is about fu**in aliens, get over it...

We're in the 21st century ;)

alucard001
June 19th, 2007, 00:05
wtf kinda decimal bull is that chruch pullin, well the freakin pastor is ****in happy that he's gunna be rich as hell, when sony "donates" (which we all know is hush money) money to the "church" i mean i agree wit everybody else on this one, sony didnt do anything wrong or Insomiac games for that matter, its just the ****in church tryin to cash in on the profits, damm its like the freakin mafia here... next is the godfather church is prob gunna want a profit of that game too... fuk

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2007, 01:09
Im pretty certain France isnt sueing the makers of Call of Duty for anything.

This really is just silly.

Alucard: English.

pibs
June 19th, 2007, 03:16
bah i say that sony should just ignore them! what happen to the church not belonging to anyone since its the house of god.

h4s30
June 19th, 2007, 03:29
if anything religion should be paying me money for not raising a holy war against them these church a**holes are no better than politicians and governments

mnuhaily22
June 19th, 2007, 03:53
We're in the 21st century ;)
OMG, how did that one slip???:o

alucard001
June 19th, 2007, 23:38
Im pretty certain France isnt sueing the makers of Call of Duty for anything.

This really is just silly.

Alucard: English.

lmao (laugh my ass off) wats Alucard: English mean? nigga dont i speak it? hahaha

h4s30
June 20th, 2007, 01:08
wtf kinda decimal bull is that chruch pullin, well the freakin pastor is ****in happy that he's gunna be rich as hell, when sony "donates" (which we all know is hush money) money to the "church" i mean i agree wit everybody else on this one, sony didnt do anything wrong or Insomiac games for that matter, its just the ****in church tryin to cash in on the profits, damm its like the freakin mafia here... next is the godfather church is prob gunna want a profit of that game too... fuk

decimal bull and godfather church are what i don't understand whats so hush if everyone knows about it but i really like decimal bull and godfather church its like you just put two words together like s**tcakes or bleach pods or corn on the usb

alucard001
June 22nd, 2007, 16:41
decimal bull and godfather church are what i don't understand whats so hush if everyone knows about it but i really like decimal bull and godfather church its like you just put two words together like s**tcakes or bleach pods or corn on the usb

dammit, i need to work on my comas, any way, decimal bull sounds cool, and theres supposed to be a comma between godfather and church> and the hush money is, well to keep the church's mouth shut from bitchin