PDA

View Full Version : Toggle USB Flash2/3 Special System v0.2

wraggster
June 18th, 2007, 06:40
New release from Becus25 (http://www.becus25.blogspot.com/) of his application that allows you to access the PSPs Flash Area.

Improvements :
NOTE : You can acces to the flashs on write mode

- You can acces to flash0
- If you press Start and there is connected the USB the PSP show a message and not exit of the application.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
June 18th, 2007, 08:21
i really wish we new what the flash 2 and 3 did before we give out apps that let noobs break there psp's then complain about it

Psyberjock
June 18th, 2007, 10:19
My currently untested theory is that it is kind of like a couple of semi-permanent scratch disks. A place to swap some files that games need to have persist over sessions.

For example, Maplus (the original map software that came with a gps dongle and was only released in Japan) makes references within its code to files (location information) that should be in the flash somewhere, but they were never found. Perhaps someone who has the gps dongle and maplus (like myself but less busy and more motivated) could check and see if the files are stored there.

mnuhaily22
June 18th, 2007, 10:39
I think it is used for stuff like sending photos and game saves to each other, just a guess...

cory1492
June 18th, 2007, 12:13
Flash 2 was/is used to store security card data for PS1 games downloaded from a PS3. Flash3 is apparently not used at this point. Both partitions are quite small. (this info comes from mathiuelh/Dark_Alex and has been mentioned a couple times in the past elsewhere, I can't confirm or deny either but I trust the source.)

edit:/
Psyberjock: the GPS flash folder that may be missing is
flash1:/GPS
mine has nothing in it, but I suspect it is to store GPS software bookmarks/config info if you have a GPS dongle.