PDA

View Full Version : Nanodesktop 0.3 preview

wraggster
June 18th, 2007, 19:05
News from pegasus2000: (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8506)

A video about new Nanodesktop 0.3 (the next version of nd that will be released in few days):

http://www.youtube.com/v/jMBEuOkoieI

parkermauney
June 18th, 2007, 19:20
What is it? Looks like some kind of shell from the video. He has like 400 of the same apps.

Nikolaos
June 18th, 2007, 19:57
its a homebrew desktop, that connects for webcam support via usb?

IM back!
June 18th, 2007, 20:48
is this some programing tool?

mcdougall57
June 18th, 2007, 21:02
really confusing it looks like a fully operating shell with a virtual keyboard and webcam support

masamune
June 18th, 2007, 21:20
are there any details on this?... what are we looking at? lol

MrMojo
June 18th, 2007, 21:21
is this some programing tool?

Yes, it's a windowed environment. You can write single tasks (thou' within the same application) that run in windows, that can be resized, minimized, whatever, without bothering about how windows can be moved/minimized, as this is carried out by the underlying GUY layer. It has mouse support via the analog stick, and as I can see, now can also handle video streaming.
It's an amazing piece of code thought to be useful in custom/embedded platforms, ported to the PSP by an italian guy, studying univerity. I think he took it as a final project for the classes. Italy rocks! :D

I'm waiting for this to be released!!!

Cheers, A.

IM back!
June 18th, 2007, 21:40
MrMojo,

so this somthing simular to X window? but if it isnt multitasking then why woud you use this for your project.

MrMojo
June 18th, 2007, 22:06
MrMojo,

so this somthing simular to X window?

kind of, but you have to code it all...

but if it isnt multitasking then why woud you use this for your project.

It isn't mutitasking for multiple, different apps (although could somehow be, depending how and what you code) but it is indeed for different apps within you main application. So if you code a shell, you could have your "notepad" coexist with your "calculator".

Imagine you need an application opening windows and stuff: with this one you don't have to bother writing code to handle the windows. You just write pure code...

Hope this makes sense now.

Cheers, A.

Buddy4point0
June 18th, 2007, 22:32
looks nice, i would love if this had multitasking like ir shell

DarthPaul
June 19th, 2007, 04:00
That's great!

schluptnut
June 19th, 2007, 05:53
Ooooo, excitement. Another Windows GUI, so refreshing. Make a PSP emulator for Iphone.... Please....