PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM 3.2 with IR keyboard support !

zx-81
June 18th, 2007, 20:53
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/afkim-snap-v3.2.jpg

Hi all,

Here is a release of AFKIM (Away From the Keyboard Instant Messenger),
the instant messaging application for PSP written by the famous coder Danzel himself !

My contribution to this projet is MINOR, all credits should remain to Danzel
(don't forget his paypal account on http://localhost.geek.nz/) !

What's new then ? it now supports IR-keyboard :) !

The IR keyboard part has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FTargus-PA870U-Universal-Wireless-Keyboard%2Fdp%2FB00009EBYA&tag=nokiangagenew-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325)

Enjoy,

Zx.

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/AFKIM_3_2_with_IR_keyboard_support)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/AFKIM_3_2_with_IR_keyboard_support

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Update: here is a 1.5 fw version ...

eatnooM
June 18th, 2007, 21:13
A minor addition it may be, but a necessary one to many. Jolly good job, zx :)

Shame I don't have an IR keyboard to call my own.

HellsPlumber
June 18th, 2007, 22:59
It already worked with the ir keyboard....?

Nikolaos
June 18th, 2007, 23:03
Wow, thanks ZX! I assume your adding IR keyboard support to all the popular homebrew apps that need them the most :) thanks very much! I have ordered a Targus IR keyboard just because of you!

maxi_jac
June 19th, 2007, 00:54
Didn't Noobz' plugin work under GAME mode with this app ?
** need to buy a targus ... ** ^^

++ B.

mavsman4457
June 19th, 2007, 01:47
Thanks a bunch Zx this is awesome. Now I might have to buy a good keyboard that will fit my PSP and not just a palm pilot. Anyone have a good one for cheap? The one I have is the Palm Universal Keyboard but the PSP won't fit in the mounting so it isn't very fun to use. A solid keyboard would be great to use.

DarthPaul
June 19th, 2007, 03:56
Zx-81 you rock.
God,you're making all the awesome homebrew even more awesome,haha.
I'll order a Targus IR Keyboard!

tyranos
June 19th, 2007, 05:39
zx-81 you roooooock :)

i tried it but it didnt work , the screen stay black until the psp reboot

hatrix
June 19th, 2007, 06:05
Delete

zx-81
June 19th, 2007, 08:30
Thanks a bunch Zx this is awesome. Now I might have to buy a good keyboard that will fit my PSP and not just a palm pilot. Anyone have a good one for cheap? The one I have is the Palm Universal Keyboard but the PSP won't fit in the mounting so it isn't very fun to use. A solid keyboard would be great to use.

you can find targus keyboard at 15/16$ on ebay ;)

zx-81
June 19th, 2007, 08:31
zx-81 you roooooock :)

i tried it but it didnt work , the screen stay black until the psp reboot

what's your firmware version ? did you put it in the game150 folder (if you have a custom firmware) ?

tyranos
June 19th, 2007, 16:58
what's your firmware version ? did you put it in the game150 folder (if you have a custom firmware) ?

my firmware is 3.03-0e-c ,i put the afkim folder in GAME150 folder and tried all possible settings and things that should prevent it from starting but it just doesn' t start

i didnt change anything !!!! but the led just blinks for 2-3 seconds and the screen just stays black until i reboot it
well i really dunno what the problem is because all my other homebrew works ,

well it would be interesting to see if someone beside u :) , got it to work under other firmwares

zx-81
June 19th, 2007, 19:54
my firmware is 3.03-0e-c ,i put the afkim folder in GAME150 folder and tried all possible settings and things that should prevent it from starting but it just doesn' t start

i didnt change anything !!!! but the led just blinks for 2-3 seconds and the screen just stays black until i reboot it
well i really dunno what the problem is because all my other homebrew works ,

well it would be interesting to see if someone beside u :) , got it to work under other firmwares

You memory stick is may be corrupted (you can do a check using windows tool-> verify disk) ?

It could be due to a plugin incompatibility ... you can try to disable all plugins, and set the clock speed to default and see if it works or not ?.

It works fine here on my 3.03-OE C ...

mavsman4457
June 19th, 2007, 23:19
you can find targus keyboard at 15/16$ on ebay ;)

And a PSP can fit on it no problem and look perfectly normal (i.e. it isn't restricted by panels fitted for a palm pilot)?

zx-81
June 20th, 2007, 07:49
And a PSP can fit on it no problem and look perfectly normal (i.e. it isn't restricted by panels fitted for a palm pilot)?

The PSP will not fit perfectly on any PDA keyboard, because it's too large compared to classical PDA.

hatrix
June 20th, 2007, 08:35
hey Zx-81 may i know if the driver you use is the same as the one that is in pikey?

Do you know if pikey has updated to code to accomadate palm keyboards (whereas if yours don't), because when i change the keymap to default.ini and keyboard to 20, your programs would freeze

zx-81
June 20th, 2007, 08:53
hey Zx-81 may i know if the driver you use is the same as the one that is in pikey?

Do you know if pikey has updated to code to accomadate palm keyboards (whereas if yours don't), because when i change the keymap to default.ini and keyboard to 20, your programs would freeze

Pikey and my code use the same IR-keyboard library (written by Harald Fielker).

Video_freak
June 20th, 2007, 09:10
Yes! Now I can really IM from my PSP.
Thanks ZX. :D

owfx
June 20th, 2007, 11:58
nice work :D does this mean i wont need to install pikey as a plugin anymore?

zx-81
June 20th, 2007, 12:17
nice work :D does this mean i wont need to install pikey as a plugin anymore?

This version works without pikey, so if you used pikey only for this app, then the answer is yes.

tyranos
June 20th, 2007, 17:21
today i wanted to give it a last try ,
1.i formated my 32 mb mem stick ,
2.put afkim in the game 150 folder .
3.never flashed anything else to my flash beside the oe-firmware
4. when i start it nothig happens and the scren stays black and doesnt reboot as most other apps do
5. i just extracted the afkim folder and didn t change anything to the configs ,

zx-81
June 20th, 2007, 18:14
today i wanted to give it a last try ,
1.i formated my 32 mb mem stick ,
2.put afkim in the game 150 folder .
3.never flashed anything else to my flash beside the oe-firmware
4. when i start it nothig happens and the scren stays black and doesnt reboot as most other apps do
5. i just extracted the afkim folder and didn t change anything to the configs ,

If you want to use the 1.5 version you have to download it from my blog. If you want to use the 3.x-OE version then you have to afkim in the game303 (if you are in 3.03-OE, or game340 if you're in 3.40-OE etc ...)

gunntims0103
June 20th, 2007, 18:47
Great work zx-81. Im going to have to buy a Targus IR keyboard now :)

Ill search on ebay, or look around online. I hope i can get a good price on one. Thanks so much for the update zx-81

tyranos
June 20th, 2007, 22:23
yippie

thx zx the 1.5 version works , but the 3.0 doesnt even if i start it in psplink ,
(it just bothers me that i cant get working and i hate that ) i think u know what i mean .
i m very thankful though
and plz keep the good stuff coming :) .

Gawker
July 14th, 2007, 06:58
I'm a little confused...

I have this running and it shows to be working but I ran into a problem trying to test it...I logged into it with my AIM account on the PSP and then added the PSP account to my buddy list on my normal name and I showed to be online. So I sent myself a message but nothing happened on the PSP end...in order to recieve messages do you have to be in the buddy list of the AFKIM account?!

superfly
July 17th, 2007, 23:27
Idont know what the deal is, but it freezes at "connection State 3 of 5" im using fw 3.40 LE-A if that has anything to do with anything, let me know oh and on a note i did put it in gamele5

lumiX
March 20th, 2008, 21:42
hey i got my targus keyboard this morning and updated afkim to 3.3 and the keyboard doesnt work it works in xmb with the vsh pikey enabled but ive disabled the game version of pikey and it still doesnt work :( any ideas or a quick guide on what to edit the irkeyboard.ini file to or something cheers;)

zx-81
March 20th, 2008, 21:50
afkim 3.2 doesn't work anymore, please update to afkim 3.3.2 (i've updated afkim this evening).

For your issue with afkim and ir keyboard, you have to disable pikey to run afkim with my ir stuff (press select key while launching afkim should disable pikey).

lumiX
March 20th, 2008, 21:56
ive done all of the above and it still doesnt work =/ my keyboard configuration stuff is set to the targus one (the default one)

EDIT : my keyboards model no is : pa870 v3 this may be something to do with my problems

zx-81
March 20th, 2008, 21:59
disable pikey plugin, install afkim 3.3.2 with cfw 3.71-m33 (the one i've tested) and it works.

My IR stuff doesn't seem to work with fw 3.8x ... (or 3.9x)

lumiX
March 20th, 2008, 22:02
ok ill give it a go ive been using 3.90m33-2 ^_^

jbuente
April 4th, 2008, 22:08
Any ideas as to why this may be (regarding the 3.8 / 3.9 isssue with IR)? I'd love to use this with the keyboard, but want the functionality of 3.9 PSP. This appears to be the same problem I'm having.

jbuente
April 5th, 2008, 01:55
Been thinking about this issue a bit. Granted, I'm no programmer, but I was thinking that due to the release of the slim and it's removal of the IR port, could this possibly be an issue of the subsequent firmwares that Sony releases removing whatever necessary code to enable the IR functionality, as it is "no longer necessary". They never did much with it anyway. This being the case, is this grounds for a possible patch or plugin by some savvy programmer to retroactively re-enable it for firmwares later than 3.7. Custom firwares that is? Maybe I'm wrong, as pikey still works, as does IR shell with my home appliances, so maybe not. Perhaps just a new update of afkim in the future. I can only hope, and good job nonetheless. I really want to use this as intended, but with a PS3, I also want latest firmware capability for cross platform functionality. So I guess I'm stuck waiting for your future "bit-of-awesome.".

zx-81
April 5th, 2008, 17:46
For some reason IR stuff doesnt work at all with fw >= 3.80, i don't really understand why looking at the source code of the libirkeyb i use.

I've succeed to run the sample test ir program on 3.80 using 1.5 fw addon, but never under 3.90 (even with 1.5 fw addon).

So now i'm trying with "unofficial" pikey team, to make it works with fw >= 3.80 (but i've to say that it's not my cup of tea, i like to dev homebrew, not to debug fw, or to solve issue with latest fw ...)

jbuente
April 5th, 2008, 21:53
Hey, thanks for the reply though. At least you're attempting to work it out, to achieve the perfection of the program. Here's hoping for the best.