PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen

CortZero
June 19th, 2007, 19:24
Alright so here is the deal. I am trying currently to make my PS1 game Digimon World 2 available on my PSP; i actually downloaded it from a torrent, got mds and mounted it on both alcohol 120% and daemon tools, just to make sure it worked properly; after that i was able to make an iso using blindwrite and then was able to use the PSX2PSP v 1.2 to make it into a playable PSP game. The problem is here, when i put it into the PSP, it goes on fine, and then when i attempt to play it, i get neither and error or anything. The game does not load, i get a black screen that does absolutley nothing, no loading, no error, not a thing. I basically have been working on this for 4 days, and haven't been able to figure out the problem. Also, i know its not a fake torrent because i checked it to my friends original version. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

CortZero
June 19th, 2007, 19:28
Oh yes, i am running on Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A verison. I have both a 4GB and a 2GB (high speed) memory card, i've tried both.

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 19:46
Did you have the required keys.bin and base.pbp files when you packed it into an eboot?

CortZero
June 19th, 2007, 19:49
i have a KEYS.BIN and a BASE.PBP in the files folder of the PSX2PSP folder. Is that all i need, or do i like need to copy it and make another? Or something? Well, when i didn't have either of those in the folder, i wasn't even able to make the final verion (EBOOT and the other thingy), it would come up with an error.

CortZero
June 19th, 2007, 19:56
Update. It happened with Chrono Cross too, i think it's somewhere in the process of making it into an ISO file, what do you guys use. Currently, i am sporting BlindWrite.

jedikevin20
June 19th, 2007, 20:52
um i use 3 different prgrams till one makes the right iso. I have magiciso and ultraiso and alcohol120%. For me atleasty some games didn;t convert to iso right with one and i went to another. Try ultraiso or magiciso. Alcohol is prob not making the iso right for the game. Another problem is that you got the compression of game set to high. I;ve made gauntlet legneds and i had it set at compression 9 and it wa black screen. lower it to like 5 and see whatcha get. if it works move compression to 6 etc etc to you find the highest compressison to allow the game to work.

CortZero
June 19th, 2007, 21:47
Alright, wait. Can alcohol 120% make isos? right now i am using it plainly as a way to mount the MDS image? I am using BlindWrite to find the mounted image, and then copy the image as an ISO to my computer. Also, when you say compression levels, where do i change that, in the PSX2PSP or the place where i make the ISO?

Gene
June 19th, 2007, 21:58
make sure you have the original gameboot and coldboot. I heard custom ones can cause problems with pops.

CortZero
June 20th, 2007, 00:56
Alright, i understand that, i have both now. But where do i change the compression lelve?

robotdevil
June 20th, 2007, 01:18
I'm not sure about Alcohol 120% or even UltraISO for that matter. But here's what I do to get my PS1 games on PSP:

Using CloneCD (I have ver 5.3 dunno if it makes a difference). Once you have it installed, click "Read image to file" (looks like a disc and glasses). You will now see a new window with your drive listed, select the correct drive and RIGHT CLICK on an empty spot in the list of CD types. Select "New" from the list and then give it a good name (mine is PS1 to PSP, but name it something that is identifiable for you). Now RIGHT CLICK your new profile and select "Edit." You now have a new window of properties, I'll go down the the list of how mine is setup:

--DATA READ SETTINGS--
Read Speed Data: MAX
Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: CHECKED
Regenerate Data Sectors: CHECKED

--AUDIO READ SETTINGS--
Read Speed Audio: MAX
Audio Extraction Quality: GOOD (SLOW)
Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: CHECKED
Only Read the first Session: UNCHECKED

--ERROR HANDLING--
Fast Error Skip Settings: AUTOMATIC
Abort on Read Error: UNCHECKED
Don't report read errors: UNCHECKED
Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: UNCHECKED

Now you have CloneCD setup to rip your PS1 game, on to the conversion. After you rip the game with CloneCD you should have a .img and a .ccd (you may also have a .sub, but we don't need that for our purposes here). PSX2PSP may work just fine from this point, but I've never used it so I can't say how. I'm going to go with popstation using the simple GUI. All you need to do is unpack the ZIP I attached into it's own folder and run popstationgui.exe. Follow the steps to point it to the right .img file and click Go. It will generate the EBOOT.PBP file, copy this and the KEYS.BIN file to a folder on the memstick (e.g. ms0:PSP\GAME\CASTLEVANIA_SOTN\EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN). You should be good to go now. You can also use Photoshop or whatever and make some custom BG.

Here's a Castlevania one I made to get you started. Also, the ZIP file I uploaded has the updated popstation.exe to use the .ccd file for CD audio if the game requires it. There is nothing special you need to do, just have the .ccd and .img file in the same folder with the same name. Enjoy your new "PlayStation One"

******IMPORTANT NOTE*********

I did not make this guide, I found it on the internet and attempted to find a link to it. After a bit of searching I could not find a link so I typed out all the steps I used to get the job done. I just wanted this said as I cannot take credit for this work.

parkermauney
June 20th, 2007, 02:45
You change the compression in the psx converter, not the iso ripper.

CortZero
June 21st, 2007, 16:44
Thanks everyone! I finally got it!

andrex8x
October 16th, 2007, 05:02
I did all that , a have the eboot file and the Keys.bin in the GAME folder and it stays in the black screen ....I need help