PDA

View Full Version : Irish Film Censor's office also ban Manhunt 2 in Republic of Ireland

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 19th, 2007, 22:24
Things have just got even worse for Rockstar, as the Irish Film Censor's Office has announced that the controversial title is now BANNNED in Republic of Ireland. They state that the level of gross, unrelenting and gratuitous violence is just too unacceptable.

quote:

The Irish Film Censor's Office has also announced that the game has been banned in the Republic of Ireland. In a statement, the board gave its reasoning as follows, "IFCO recognizes that in certain films, DVDs and video games, strong graphic violence may be a justifiable element within the overall context of the work. However, in the case of Manhunt 2, IFCO believes that there is no such context, and the level of gross, unrelenting and gratuitous violence is unacceptable."

News Source: Gamespot.com

maxipower90
June 19th, 2007, 22:32
nooo im Irish and i better not be let down by my country

darkpoetjk
June 19th, 2007, 23:15
allright... so you can have terrorist who blow up crap in your country every day.. but adults can not play a video game?

Listen.. it is what the RATIING SYSTEM was for but people continue to ignore it and screw things up for us ADULT players....

Pretty soon all of us will be playing BARNEY goes Fishing... oh wait the fish being caught by sharp hooks will be too violent....

ok guess we will all be playing let play patty cake...

oh wait physical contact might lead to sex... so I guess we are going to be playing PRESS THE START button.. a game that involves you pressing the START button and no other buttons......

oh wait that will not be fair to the blind....

So now introducing the BIG BLANK SCREEN the game that is Family friendly and hours of a BIG BLACK SCREEN and nothing on it.... rated E for everyone.......

is this what the Video game industry has to be to PLEASE people?

Pretty soon movies like SAW and Hostell will be banned........ or any zombie movie because it involves killing humans...

Come the hell on people... wisen up.. don't let your kids play and if they do.. don't blame a video game for your mistake of even having children because you can't raise them right.....
what ever happened to Entertainment?

If the US bans this game I serriously IMPLORE someone from ROCKSTAR to LEAK it on the NET.... let the Pirate community get a hold of it... so it CAN be played...

mexicansnake
June 19th, 2007, 23:16
Lol Zion will not play that game XD, hehehe Ill play it, no one said anything in Mexico yet. :)

mcdougall57
June 19th, 2007, 23:31
looks like ireland are haveing the same trouble as us in the uk and thats what i dont call "the luck of the irish"

Hiei311
June 20th, 2007, 00:31
wtf!!! it better come out in the usa o i can play it on psp >.< i dont wanna be playing no barnie or barbie games >.<

10shu
June 20th, 2007, 00:45
This is pretty sad...:( but Britain is in europe... So there free trade law between country...

Just buy the game in france or something.<french games usually have the original english soundtrack>

u can probably order it at website like:

http://www.fnac.com/
http://www.micromania.com.cy/gamer/index.php
http://www.amazon.fr/

StormB
June 20th, 2007, 01:11
Britain, and now Ireland.... the word 'Bandwagon' comes to mind.

Basil Zero
June 20th, 2007, 01:43
Glad I dont live in Europe, doesnt matter to me, i'll be getting the game for PSP, US version

But i do feel sorry for the euros who wont be able to experience another good game by Rockstar.

cataphrax
June 20th, 2007, 01:58
If this happens in America i'm gonna punch some officials in the face.

maxipower90
June 20th, 2007, 03:55

lol this would drive people to accutaly committing murder in the first place ( sharpens blade ), officals im coming for ya

Hiei311
June 20th, 2007, 05:04

no in honor of rockstar i will go max payne and gta mix style on the office that ban this game, i mean iv ssen the game trailer on g4 and when i head it its on wii and psp come on portable man hunt it made me hav hope for my psp....Ireland and U.K. goes and do this its aint right like i said max payne/gta style on the office :D DANCING KIRBY!!! <("<)(^"^)(>")>

Spotfist
June 20th, 2007, 08:20
Can't Ireland just order it off play.com? or do they not deliver there? surely every1 in the UK could just do that cuz it's not located in Britain...?

This whole idea actually sucks! Im not a huge fan of Manhunt so I wasn't really looking forward to the second one but all this news is just making me want to go out and buy it as soon as it's releast just like I did with the first one! plus if it's banned then surely half of the UK population will resort to piracy???? My brother loves manhunt and nothing will stop him from getting a copy of number 2!

Tsk,tsk,tsk will these "bright" government type ever learn? Tell us that it's bad and we just have to try it! Probably the only reason I used to smoke and drink! hehehe

slayerdiabolus
June 20th, 2007, 17:50
I'm Irish and this is complete Bullsh*t. I thought we had seen the last of unnecessary censorship with the Life of Brian in the 1870's but this is a complete joke. What is to be attained from this? Nothing, apart from a lack of respect for the IFCO

acn010
June 20th, 2007, 17:55
Lol Zion will not play that game XD, hehehe Ill play it, no one said anything in Mexico yet. :)

lmao!!! in mexico, they dont care, not even if the game is bootleg XD

mnuhaily22
June 21st, 2007, 14:01
looks like ireland are haveing the same trouble as us in the uk and thats what i dont call "the luck of the irish"
apparently the luck just ran out....