PDA

View Full Version : Controller Ports

Dreambox
June 10th, 2005, 23:40
Ok i got 5 dreamcast that need controller ports.....Does anyone know of any place wear i can get controller ports? Also would a disconnceted battery cause a controller port to stop working?

Dreambox
June 11th, 2005, 00:02
ok i found a tut on how to change the fusable resister but idk if thats what the prob is, would the led light up if the fusable resister was dead???

fackue
June 11th, 2005, 02:00
Yes, the LED would light up if the resistor was blown. I don't believe a disconnected battery would result in the controller ports not working.

Dreambox
June 11th, 2005, 05:08
Ok thanks, so it must be the resister in it bc the led lights up and everything but the ports just dont work. Thanks for the help.

ptr.exe
June 11th, 2005, 14:50
Yeah its definately the F1 resistor, you can simply bypass this and the DC will work fine.

Dreambox
June 12th, 2005, 03:28
yay i got all of them working but only 2 work fully, my new problem is that when i put a disc in one then it loads the disk then after about 7 seconds on the game menu it will cut off and go to the main dreamcast screen ( wear it boots to when you turn it on without a disc) has anyone else had this problem?

fackue
June 12th, 2005, 19:01
I answered you in the new thread.

Dreambox
June 12th, 2005, 19:51
I know lol no one was lookin at this one so i made a new one.
thanks.