PDA

View Full Version : Content display error for html files

PSprofessional
June 20th, 2007, 05:27
I have tried to research this issue, but was unable to find an answer to something apparently as basic as this... I have ver2.81.

Everytime I try viewing a html file I get "content cannot be displayed". I've tried several different html files moving them from the root directory and even creating folders to access the file. Each time pointing the browser to the new location. :mad:

When the file is in the root folder I type "file:/filename.html" Text files work, but not html files. I don't have flash enabled but, I don't think that has anything to do with me being able to view an html file.

What am I missing?? :confused:

THANKS IN ADVANCE !! for answering such a basic question.

parkermauney
June 20th, 2007, 05:43
Try restoring default settings, or turning cache off.

PSprofessional
June 20th, 2007, 12:34
Thank you, tried it but still same error. Even deleted cache as well.

Chameleon
June 20th, 2007, 12:44
It happens when the capcity is overloaded for which the psp can handle... usually due to too many images on the web page.

dangee
June 20th, 2007, 14:33
this is the copy of my d/l webpage -
no java/javascript
no images/animation
its usually at ms0:/NET/dang2.html on my PSP and loads to the XMB browser ok
in 2.6 ,3.40 OE-A , & under devhook in 2.71 ,3.03
from file:/NET/dang2.html

maybe U can test it for me in 2.81..

PSprofessional
June 20th, 2007, 20:16
The file I'm trying to load is the KJV bible written in html format, so I can't just copy the text and save as a text file. The html version allows you to go directly to chapters/verses.

dangee
June 21st, 2007, 00:00
It would help to know the (approx.) size of the html file (eg Kbytes) your trying to display in the XMB browser.
SUM1 may know' if Links2 can be configured for largly text html's

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 03:36
He's in 2.81

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 05:18
If it's all one page, I can assure you, it won't work. The Bible's a big book, after all.

If you have homebrew capability, then just use a PDF with irShell. If not, then see if there's another version that's not just one document. Even something that's split up Book-by-Book shouldn't give too many problems (Well.... the Psalms might have to be broken up!)

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 05:26
HE'S ON 2.81!

And I think that bible page was made for psp.

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 05:59
HE'S ON 2.81!

I saw that... What does that have to do with it? I honestly don't think that even a monolithic txt file would be small enough for 3.40 OE's browser to handle, caching and all.

2.81 means that he's not completely outside the realm of homebrew capability, it's just a tad more difficult.

And I think that bible page was made for psp.

Then it was most likely broken up, as I said... He hasn't really specified very much of the format, though, whether it's in a single file or multiple files... Whether there are images, or just text and links....

PSProfessional, if you're using one of the ones available for download from DCEmu, it might help to know which so we can test it, too.

Edit: This one seems to work rather well.... Just.... ignore the comments on the thread :P
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19125

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 07:01
You said something about LINKS, he doesn't sound like he really needs to downgrade, though he doesn't know what he's missing out on.

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 07:31
Actually, it was dangee who mentioned LiNKS ;)

And I quite agree about the downgrading, but it's sorta difficult to find the right copy of GTA:LCS.

dangee
June 21st, 2007, 08:45
Y, I mentioned Links2 &
Y, it was a naff idea .

the files clearly 2 big..
..best bet then is to split up into book ,chapter & verse with a
1/2 decent html editor and
store on ms0 as multiple files in a virtual (offline) website.

PSprofessional
June 21st, 2007, 15:08
Sorry for the lack of info guys and thanks a bunch for the help...

Yes, I downloaded the file from this thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24473). There is a a main file folder (kjv) placed in the root directory. Each chapter is divided into a sub folder. The index.html is in the under the kjv directory.

The thing that concerns me is not so much the file itself because any type of html that I have either created or downloaded won't load. These test files that I used were small files that only had no images. It's like my browser won't read those types of files, it does however read the same test file if I convert it to a text file. Thus my frustration and confusion.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions and help!

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 17:22
This happens to my cousin, I disabled cache and html worked, but now flash won't work.

PSprofessional
June 22nd, 2007, 02:32
Well I guess I won't be able to use the file because it seems I have tried all suggestions. I think I'll just upgrade to see if that resolves the issue.

THANKS for all the help !!

Tesseract
June 22nd, 2007, 04:44
Ah, Gotcha.... Yeah. Sounds like an update or a downgrade would be the best bet. They DID improve the Official Web Browser a little over time.

dangee
June 22nd, 2007, 13:43
if you choose to change f/w , I'd recommend 1.5 ,if you
can get all the necessaries, coz you can get back to 2.x from there.
I stayed on 2.6 for ages mainly coz of the reliable browser.
attached file may be useful .
It loads in 2.6 , 3.40 etc. as tmp.txt or tmp.htm from
any folder on ms0:
Lets you browse & load pages/pics from
selected folders on ms0:
note- (needs javascript enabled to load files.)

re : the bible
mayB U could rename .html to .txt
& edit the hrefs in all anchors with %magic